Signing Suggestions & Rumours

• @TheDaBoss perhaps arrow is on the way out then

• @the_third if we can snag both trell n arrow or even friiiizzzell we are looking good, plus if packer finds some form ohh Baby times are getting pre fun rn

• With all the wasted energy talking about how wonder boy Mitchell would turn the team around maybe some thought into actually building a strong forward pack that is not dominated weekly … just a thought maybe getting the right powered engine before a glamour paint job … you know the cart before the horse thing !

• @Snake yes but it’s not every year we get a chance to sign a top class player.

• @Snake
    I reckon that if Maguire is seriously considering making an offer to Mitchell he has already sorted the forwards in one way or another. We haven’t heard anything substantial yet other than a few ‘supposedly inside’ hints and otherwise media speculation.
    I will be very disappointed if we end up with Mitchell without sorting the forwards. As someone mentioned earlier, it will be another Tedesco type situation of pass him the ball and hope.

• @Snake Aloiai getting injured last year , really hurt us . Him and Mikalele off the bench , was a dynamic push , at around the 25 min mark .
    When packer fell away during the eels drubbing ,and Matulino and Aloai getting injured it killed our pack . Namely because the remainders were workhorse types .
    If Musgrove is really here now , aloai and Mikalele as well, and if packer returns to form , that’s a fair few front towers.
    Add Clarke Twal and Eiso , that’s 7 front rowers or Middles . Also you have to add Seyfarth to that mix .
    I don’t see how anymore middles cane be added that’s almost 25 percent of the existing squad taken .

• @Strongee Aloiai is still in a hand cast till now.

• @Madge it’s novemeber 9th? The pre season hasn’t even started yet . An edge backrower is a must!
    From my count we have McIntyre, Lawrence ,Che Kam, and Garner . That’s it !
    Bradley is a winger , and McQueen is gone .
    I think 2 edges are probably needed . 1 with potential , and a Topliner !
    If we can get a LM type for 800k off the cap this year , and allocate a larger portion next year , that should leave enough for 2 backrowers , for a total of 1.6 mil including LM. That’s now 400k for 2 final roster spots .
    I’m pretty sure my maths is right .

• @Strongee I was just implying that Aloiai’s recovery has taken quite a long time. Sorry you mentioned him so just thought I’d bring it up.

• ForumSupporter

@Strongee said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Madge it’s novemeber 9th? The pre season hasn’t even started yet . An edge backrower is a must!
    From my count we have McIntyre, Lawrence ,Che Kam, and Garner . That’s it !
    Bradley is a winger , and McQueen is gone .
    I think 2 edges are probably needed . 1 with potential , and a Topliner !
    If we can get a LM type for 800k off the cap this year , and allocate a larger portion next year , that should leave enough for 2 backrowers , for a total of 1.6 mil including LM. That’s now 400k for 2 final roster spots .
    I’m pretty sure my maths is right .

Elijah Taylor says hi…

• @Madge What was his actual injury ? You’re right it has taken a long time .

• @Strongee the plate I’m his arm was moved out of position so needed surgery on it to move it back into place.

• Also on that, he has put on some weight (not muscle).

• @Geo Yep, my bad ! Would you say he’s a middle or edge . I’d say he killed it this year in the middle! I think this makes my point more ! I can’t see the need for an Arrow or Brown type .

• @Madge pre season is going to suck for him then ! Madge won’t be happy !

Recent Topics