Signing Suggestions & Rumours

No problem signing Latrelle on big money as long as the contract has get out/termination clauses stacked in our favour. Sort of like a pre numpty…

Stated on Facebook we have signed Latrell 1.3 million over 4 years…please be a toss up

@diedpretty said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Powerful Roosters chairman Nick Politis, who amassed a substantial part of his $1 billion fortune in the motor vehicle industry, was said to be curious given he had no knowledge of where the flash car came from.

Yea right - as if Nick doesn’t know where a 250k car has suddenly come from. Deny all knowledge. Maybe Latrell is on the outer at rorters for flashing his new car that might draw some attention from the NRL.

He borrowed it from a friend and drove it to training it was on his instagram

@CCTW said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Spacecub 1.3mil a year is incorrect

1million for the first two years, 1.1million for year 3 and 4 with a TPA of 100k for each season.

Oh ok, it didn’t go into the specific breakdown…what’s your thoughts

I guess that’s the salary cap game we have to play. Abbey for 1% of the cap and Latrell for 16% of it…

With all the names being thrown around of who we are chasing there is one player I haven’t heard mentioned which we should be looking at. Nat Butcher. Off contract after 2020 and with the rumours of Roosters chasing DFifita plus already having Cordner Crichton etc I think if we dangled an offer in front of him with an 80min starting edge role and a bit more cash than he is on now (he doesn’t seem to be another Matterson type) we could nab him.
Think he is a quality player who is a hard worker and runs good lines out wide.

@CCTW I thought you said he was off to Souths and they agreed to terms with each other?

@Strongee said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Madge it’s novemeber 9th? The pre season hasn’t even started yet . An edge backrower is a must!
From my count we have McIntyre, Lawrence ,Che Kam, and Garner . That’s it !
Bradley is a winger , and McQueen is gone .
I think 2 edges are probably needed . 1 with potential , and a Topliner !
If we can get a LM type for 800k off the cap this year , and allocate a larger portion next year , that should leave enough for 2 backrowers , for a total of 1.6 mil including LM. That’s now 400k for 2 final roster spots .
I’m pretty sure my maths is right .

McQueen is gone? Since when?

If that salary cap breakdown is true, then it’s genius negotiation by our management. Frontload the contract and leave the larger payments for the years where we have the likes of McQueen, Reynolds and Packer off contract and about $5m cap room

@Strongee I do not rate half our forward pack including Aloiai , they are reserve graders and probably one of the weakest packs in the comp ! The pack needs a big refresh to become competitive weekly and give the halves something to work with .
Watching this group bashed ever week is becoming tiresome!

@TigersBusDriver said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

If that salary cap breakdown is true, then it’s genius negotiation by our management. Frontload the contract and leave the larger payments for the years where we have the likes of McQueen, Reynolds and Packer off contract and about $5m cap room

I think that’s the only way we could have done it bussy

@Cultured_Bogan said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Strongee said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Madge it’s novemeber 9th? The pre season hasn’t even started yet . An edge backrower is a must!
From my count we have McIntyre, Lawrence ,Che Kam, and Garner . That’s it !
Bradley is a winger , and McQueen is gone .
I think 2 edges are probably needed . 1 with potential , and a Topliner !
If we can get a LM type for 800k off the cap this year , and allocate a larger portion next year , that should leave enough for 2 backrowers , for a total of 1.6 mil including LM. That’s now 400k for 2 final roster spots .
I’m pretty sure my maths is right .

McQueen is gone? Since when?

I think it means gone as in has been…no value in FG anymore…

@Sunnycoast_tiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

With all the names being thrown around of who we are chasing there is one player I haven’t heard mentioned which we should be looking at. Nat Butcher. Off contract after 2020 and with the rumours of Roosters chasing DFifita plus already having Cordner Crichton etc I think if we dangled an offer in front of him with an 80min starting edge role and a bit more cash than he is on now (he doesn’t seem to be another Matterson type) we could nab him.
Think he is a quality player who is a hard worker and runs good lines out wide.

Yeah I mentioned him a while ago as a target, although I imagine he’d be harder to land now that the Roosters seem to have moved on from Latrell. He’s almost as likely to be a success as Matterson was when we signed him.

My mail is Pascoe instigating Mitchell signing. Madge hasn’t even talked to him. We are a basket case if signing happens and coach has no say