Signing Suggestions & Rumours

I wonder how some of you survive the offseason…This will all work itself out in due course.

@the_third said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@2041 https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/11/07/maguire-latrell-on-signings-radar-but-wests-tigers-wont-be-rushed/

From a couple of days ago

Maguire really being unprofessional with comments like this, hey?

“You look at every player, that’s my job to make sure that you look at potentials and what could be in your team, so in time we will work through those sorts of things,” Maguire said.

“As a coach it’s my duty and [as] an organisation we have got to look at whatever is available at that moment in time, and also too can it actually fit in your [salary] cap?”

@willow said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

I wonder how some of you survive the offseason…This will all work itself out in due course.

Easy to survive the off season when you’re in the know.

You started this hope fest with your ambiguous posts a week or so ago

@willow true. Most of us, me included, know what our season usually entails, so look forward to some excitement in the off season.

@2041 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@the_third said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@2041 https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/11/07/maguire-latrell-on-signings-radar-but-wests-tigers-wont-be-rushed/

From a couple of days ago

Maguire really being unprofessional with comments like this, hey?

“You look at every player, that’s my job to make sure that you look at potentials and what could be in your team, so in time we will work through those sorts of things,” Maguire said.

“As a coach it’s my duty and [as] an organisation we have got to look at whatever is available at that moment in time, and also too can it actually fit in your [salary] cap?”

I think he is being very prudent and not rushing into things. I assume as a coach he does need to ensure that whichever player does join will gel with the team and not pay overs as well.

@TheDaBoss
I’d be ecstatic.

We get speed finally, dynamic backs, a goal kicker plus X-factor.
Winger must be the most underrated position in the modern game.

Would bring fans through the gates. Tigers suddenly bloody exciting again.

An absolute dream for us and the NRL.
MOUTHWATERING!!!

There are going to be some unhappy campers if the Tigers don’t sign LM.

Helps when you have information others don’t

@Telltails said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

If we were waiting for Maguire to get back when there are numerous ways to communicate these days without being in the same room, then that would be really dumb. Let Hartigan do some of the leg work that he was brought over to do.

Indeed, didn’t something similar happen when we lost JAC to Melbourne. Need to use all the modern day technology available to do the negotiating, not wait until someone comes home from holiday or wherever. Let’s not make that same mistake again!

@TheDaBoss said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Jst putting it out there

But IF addo car does by some chance come back

And latrell is signed

And we use up all of our warchest money on them

Will people still be happy?

Pretty well everyone I would say, well at least until ANZAC day, when they may again choose not to sing along or stand meekly whilst others do.

@formerguest BAM. Nice one. A good point, I wonder if that stuff would matter as much if they were our players. Maybe not.

@Muffstar said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Why?
No one has said we have actually signed him. All people are saying “if the rumour is true”. Read the thread title again.

@Tiger_Steve said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Easy to survive the off season when you’re in the know.

You started this hope fest with your ambiguous posts a week or so ago

I know what you don’t know, nah nah de nah nah. Childish.

@Muffstar said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Most of the people on here are unhappy all year. Poor buggers.

@formerguest said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@TheDaBoss said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Jst putting it out there

But IF addo car does by some chance come back

And latrell is signed

And we use up all of our warchest money on them

Will people still be happy?

Pretty well everyone I would say, well at least until ANZAC day, when they may again choose not to sing along or stand meekly whilst others do.

It didn’t worry me when they didn’t sing last time, so doubt I’d care next time!