Signing Suggestions & Rumours

• @colinbh said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Muffstar said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

There are going to be some unhappy campers if the Tigers don’t sign LM.

Most of the people on here are unhappy all year. Poor buggers.

Not me I can find the funny side in most things on here, that’s why I try and be light hearted where ever I do post.
    Life’s too short not to be an angry ant.

• From SMH

Storm brewing
    The rumblings out of Storm HQ is they still need to lose $400,000 or so off their cap. That’s the salary of a star player and why the talk of Josh Addo-Carr moving to Sydney has emerged.

• @weststigers Maybe Paps improved a bit too much more than they had budgeted for, or more accurately they had to upgrade his deal a bit too much.

I’d be disappointed if ended up at Sharks

• JAC, Latrell, and Frizzell/Arrow please

• https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/roosters-will-let-mitchell-walk-as-long-as-it-s-not-to-souths-20191109-p5391a.html

Roosters will let Mitchell walk - as long as it’s not to Souths

By Sam Phillips
    November 9, 2019 — 8.00pm

The Roosters are prepared to let Latrell Mitchell walk away from the club in 2020 - as long as he doesn’t join arch-rivals South Sydney.

The Herald can reveal Roosters officials have held talks with Tigers powerbrokers about Mitchell’s future in the last two days, with the Tricolours eager to steer Mitchell away from their rivals on the other side of Anzac Parade.

The Tigers are now firming as Mitchell’s next football home in a move which would all but certainly see him switch to his preferred position of fullback.

The club has not yet submitted an official offer to Mitchell or his management but the Herald has been told the Tigers are unlikely to pay much more than the Roosters’ since-rescinded offer of $800,000 for next season. However, the mooted three-year-deal would likely be back-ended, as the club clear salary cap space.

The Tigers have $1.5 million to play with in 2020 after clearing Ryan Matterson and Ben Matulino from their books, but that increases to more than $5 million in 2021.

That will allow them to pay Mitchell close to his asking price of $1 million in 2021 and 2022 should he sign on the dotted line.

The Tigers are proceeding with caution, however, as some within the club are yet to be convinced Mitchell’s obvious talent is worth the circus which has followed him for the past 12 months.

Equally, there are those at the Tigers who believe Mitchell is just the X-factor type player the club needs. To that end, the Tigers have also targeted Titans talent AJ Brimson as a player of interest.

The latest twist in the Mitchell saga comes after the Bulldogs - who had been linked to Mitchell for months - removed themselves from the race for the Kangaroos star on Friday.

• @vlad The circus that has followed him for twelve months? He wouldn’t sing the anthem a couple of times, hardly a circus. He got dropped from and reinstated to the rep teams, again, hardly earth-shattering. Glad they don’t sensationalise these stories much.

• @The_Patriot said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@willow said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

I wonder how some of you survive the offseason…This will all work itself out in due course.

Helps when you have information others don’t

This ship seems to be leak free these days

• @happy_tiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@The_Patriot said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@willow said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

I wonder how some of you survive the offseason…This will all work itself out in due course.

Helps when you have information others don’t

This ship seems to be leak free these days

That’s a change . It usually gets torpedoed.

• @vlad said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours]

(/post/1077732):

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/roosters-will-let-mitchell-walk-as-long-as-it-s-not-to-souths-20191109-p5391a.html

Roosters will let Mitchell walk - as long as it’s not to Souths

By Sam Phillips
    November 9, 2019 — 8.00pm

The Roosters are prepared to let Latrell Mitchell walk away from the club in 2020 - as long as he doesn’t join arch-rivals South Sydney.

The Herald can reveal Roosters officials have held talks with Tigers powerbrokers about Mitchell’s future in the last two days, with the Tricolours eager to steer Mitchell away from their rivals on the other side of Anzac Parade.

The Tigers are now firming as Mitchell’s next football home in a move which would all but certainly see him switch to his preferred position of fullback.

The club has not yet submitted an official offer to Mitchell or his management but the Herald has been told the Tigers are unlikely to pay much more than the Roosters’ since-rescinded offer of $800,000 for next season. However, the mooted three-year-deal would likely be back-ended, as the club clear salary cap space.

The Tigers have $1.5 million to play with in 2020 after clearing Ryan Matterson and Ben Matulino from their books, but that increases to more than $5 million in 2021.

That will allow them to pay Mitchell close to his asking price of $1 million in 2021 and 2022 should he sign on the dotted line.

The Tigers are proceeding with caution, however, as some within the club are yet to be convinced Mitchell’s obvious talent is worth the circus which has followed him for the past 12 months.

Equally, there are those at the Tigers who believe Mitchell is just the X-factor type player the club needs. To that end, the Tigers have also targeted Titans talent AJ Brimson as a player of interest.

The latest twist in the Mitchell saga comes after the Bulldogs - who had been linked to Mitchell for months - removed themselves from the race for the Kangaroos star on Friday.

The thing that really surprises me about that article is we actually have powerbrokers

• @diedpretty said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Powerful Roosters chairman Nick Politis, who amassed a substantial part of his $1 billion fortune in the motor vehicle industry, was said to be curious given he had no knowledge of where the flash car came from.

Yea right - as if Nick doesn’t know where a 250k car has suddenly come from. Deny all knowledge. Maybe Latrell is on the outer at rorters for flashing his new car that might draw some attention from the NRL.

Paul Kent reported in a piece yesterday that it was player agent Mario Tartak who gifted Latrell the car. It turns out it was his builder mate that lent it because Mitchell’s ute was at the shops; classic Kenty. I know that speculation and rumours attract attention and generate revenue but its in the off-season when everyone starts to get real silly and loses their minds it seems.

• @Ponyo said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@diedpretty said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Powerful Roosters chairman Nick Politis, who amassed a substantial part of his $1 billion fortune in the motor vehicle industry, was said to be curious given he had no knowledge of where the flash car came from.

Yea right - as if Nick doesn’t know where a 250k car has suddenly come from. Deny all knowledge. Maybe Latrell is on the outer at rorters for flashing his new car that might draw some attention from the NRL.

Paul Kent reported in a piece yesterday that it was player agent Mario Tartak who gifted Latrell the car. It turns out it was his builder mate that lent it because Mitchell’s ute was at the shops; classic Kenty. I know that speculation and rumours attract attention and generate revenue but its in the off-season when everyone starts to get real silly and loses their minds it seems.

Wow, that’s a very trusting builder mate. I don’t lend my NP Pajero to my Mrs.

• Sunday Telegraph saying WTs have been in discussion with Alex Johnston over the last few weeks as Soths are interested in JAC.

• @Elderslie_Tiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Sunday Telegraph saying WTs have been in discussion with Alex Johnston over the last few weeks as Soths are interested in JAC.

Much rather be interested in JAC and leave AJ where he is! Half the footballer.

Also JAC has some ties to us, don’t care how much Souths play the indigenous card. Just wait until Darwin enters a team in the NRL then Souths will have nothing.

• @weststigers said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

From SMH

Storm brewing
    The rumblings out of Storm HQ is they still need to lose $400,000 or so off their cap. That’s the salary of a star player and why the talk of Josh Addo-Carr moving to Sydney has emerged.

Thats the way the Storm operate they get players they want then shuffle there cap to fit if your considered past or coming up to your use by date bye bye

Recent Topics