Signing Suggestions & Rumours

Would love to hear we have picked up Mitchell, Brown and Lomax… Everything is a little quite in media at current so fingers crossed. The brown rumour is interesting indeed but would love him here as he shows aggression and makes metres… Any info on that one would be good to hear about?

@hsvjones said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Would love to hear we have picked up Mitchell, Brown and Lomax… Everything is a little quite in media at current so fingers crossed. The brown rumour is interesting indeed but would love him here as he shows aggression and makes metres… Any info on that one would be good to hear about?

every other club is signing… we r waiting for the right moment to surprise!1

@TheDaBoss It kinda feels like we are waiting for the big clubs to choose there players first and then we settle for the remaining players to choose from… I now this is not correct but just feels like it unfortunately.

@TheDaBoss It kinda feels like we are waiting for the big clubs to choose there players first and then we settle for the remaining players to choose from… I now this is not correct but just feels like it unfortunately.

That’s been our usual MO over the years, but hoping for a change this time around. The silence is deafening and very unnerving though. Remembering we were almost certainties to sign DWZ earlier this year also.

Kieran Foran being out for 12 months might change the signings landscape if he gets medically retired .

The Dogs could have an extra $1M to spend .

@vlad said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Kieran Foran being out for 12 months might change the signings landscape if he gets medically retired .

Wonder how that will play out if they tried… since he did it during international duty and not club

@vlad Despite the fact Foran is believed to earn around $1m a season, NRL rules limit salary cap relief to $350,000 when a player is injured in a representative match.

“Kieran Foran yesterday underwent re-constructive surgery on his injured shoulder,” the club said in a statement.

@WT2K said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Wonder how that will play out if they tried… since he did it during international duty and not club

They will be entitled to 350 000 as it was whilst playing for NZ.

He has said he won’t retire.

So, Dogs will have 350.

The dogs might be interested in Reynolds …

Foran is only 29 and his contract expires end of next season. If he is medically retired he’ll never play again. So he’ll sit this year out and look to get a contract elsewhere for 2021.

@Spud_Murphy Now the dogs might be back in play which concerns me again. I truly believe we need to speed up this recruitment process as the player can changed his mind at the last min… E.g. Dogs had Koroisau locked in until Ivan called him at the last min and signed him… We cannot afford to sit back and pretend we are doing everything on our terms as we will get burnt again… I have a gut feeling Mitchell will agree but than a big club will somehow find money and poach him at the line… people will say be positive about it but that’s hard when we have had nothing for years… Even the so called WTF signing that was going to be announce like 3 weeks ago has not come through… Time to pull the finger out

@Spud_Murphy Now the dogs might be back in play which concerns me again. I truly believe we need to speed up this recruitment process as the player can changed his mind at the last min… E.g. Dogs had Koroisau locked in until Ivan called him at the last min and signed him… We cannot afford to sit back and pretend we are doing everything on our terms as we will get burnt again… I have a gut feeling Mitchell will agree but than a big club will somehow find money and poach him at the line… people will say be positive about it but that’s hard when we have had nothing for years… Even the so called WTF signing that was going to be announce like 3 weeks ago has not come through… Time to pull the finger out

I can’t see the Dogs forking out cash for 3 different fullbacks when you already have Hopoate and DWZ

Fingers crossed we might already have our targets locked in, just not announced as of yet

As a Wests Tigers supporter, we haven’t had many wins at all recruitment wise, so the feeling that it will go bad again is understandable.

Here’s hoping this time is different, I’ll continue banging my head on the wall, for there is nothing else I can do. Fingers crossed.

If we don’t get Mitchell after all this, I will feel very disappointed, even let down. Though at the same time, it doesnt seem real that we could get him, his coming would be that monumental.
Toes crossed too.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.