Signing Suggestions & Rumours

The dogs are getting $350k cap relief. If they offered us around $500k for JREY we should really take it and move on. It appears obvious he isnt in Madges short or longterm plans

Also FWIW I checked out the Parra forum and they reckon there’s zero truth to Nathan Brown rumours

last edited by thegbone

@voice_of_reason said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

There would be a certain serendipity to J Rey going back to the Dogs. I like grub and really wanted him to be a part of our success but sometimes realities stare you in the face and I think this might be one of them. J Rey back ‘home’ and we get $750k to go hard for Arrow, Brown, Lomax et al.
Seems a win-win for everyone.

I’d be extremely surprised if we didn’t have to cover 50% of Reynolds contract. No chance the Dogs would take him full freight (they’d be mad to)

@GNR4LIFE And with more weeding following the 2021 there will a few more top quality players in the side.

People really want 4 players instead of the best talent in the country won two premierships played out of position but made all the rep teams…Heaps of cap space coming up could build a team around a marquee player…Motivated to prove people wrong wants Teddys origin jersey…His highlights on youtube when he was playing fullback are unreal…No way madge would have brought the same players as Cleary…

@GNR4LIFE I don’t think I’ve disagreed more with any other post on this thread. Addo-Carr’s sheer pace alone would justify the price tag.

@thegbone the slimey eels fans have gotta be kidding themselves if they dont think Parra are going to give us a forward to replace Matterson … !!

@TigerSkins said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@thegbone the slimey eels fans have gotta be kidding themselves if they dont think Parra are going to give us a forward to replace Matterson … !!

Exactly. We were never giving up Matterson unless we got someone in return.

@TigerSkins said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

You’d think they’d be forced to give someone up. Their pack is stacked. Don’t forget they also signed RCG. That’s on top of re-signing king Gutho and king tanker.

@avocadoontoast - would be worth paying half price of the salary to move Reynolds if he is open to moving back to Dogs to cover for Foran being our for season. Free up a spot and still give us a fair bit of salary room to get a useful signing.

@2005magic The NRL should have a system the same as the EPL where we can loan players out so we don’t have to break contracts. Loan Reynolds to the dogs for $400k for the year.

@GNR4LIFE - I’m slightly wary of the Eels attitude. They had no compunction in egging on Matterson if rumours are true and even though WT have well and truly put forward the condition of a player swap, Eels have said nothing and also named Brown in the 2020 squad. As far as I know Brown is training with Parra not WT until it is announced I don’t trust Them.

Edit- there is absolutely no reason why Brown couldn’t be announced if it was happening. The longer the silence the more I think it’s not happening. After all training with Parra is useless if you’re going to play with WT.

last edited by 2005magic

Barry O Farrell stated we got nothing in return. If Brown is signed it would be unrelated to the Matterson transaction. If it was Related it would already have been announced at the same time as it’s in the clubs interest to placate fans and sponsors losing a borderline origin player for nothing.

@bptiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

really don’t want LM , would rather spend our money on 5-6 1st grade players spread out over forwards and backs. hes to much of a risk , and hes a sook.

lol…for years you have bagged our recruitment say we sign hacks other Club rejects plodders and nuffies…

Now we have a shot at a genuine FG who has become available and would be our best player and then some and you don’t want him…

you aren’t going to get 5 or 6 FG for 200k each…they would be ummmm… hacks plodders nuffies and other Club rejects…same ole same ole WT recruitment…

Time for a change in direction…

@2005magic Wests Tigers must sieze the moment and transfer Reynolds to the Bulldogs for $350K. Makes a lot of sense in the long run.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.