Signing Suggestions & Rumours

@TYGA said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Barry O Farrell stated we got nothing in return. If Brown is signed it would be unrelated to the Matterson transaction. If it was Related it would already have been announced at the same time as it’s in the clubs interest to placate fans and sponsors losing a borderline origin player for nothing.

Yeah right, Parra will just “happen” to give up a player under contract in a position we need and it will have nothing to do with Matto because Fatty O’Barrell said so…

@Newtown - agree, but we can only strongly urge Reynolds and maybe a realistic quiet word from Maguire about his real chances at WT vs Dogs.

@Nelson said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Barry O Farrell stated we got nothing in return. If Brown is signed it would be unrelated to the Matterson transaction. If it was Related it would already have been announced at the same time as it’s in the clubs interest to placate fans and sponsors losing a borderline origin player for nothing.

Yeah right, Parra will just “happen” to give up a player under contract in a position we need and it will have nothing to do with Matto because Fatty O’Barrell said so…

Parramatta haven’t released anyone!

@2005magic said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@GNR4LIFE - I’m slightly wary of the Eels attitude. They had no compunction in egging on Matterson if rumours are true and even though WT have well and truly put forward the condition of a player swap, Eels have said nothing and also named Brown in the 2020 squad. As far as I know Brown is training with Parra not WT until it is announced I don’t trust Them.

Edit- there is absolutely no reason why Brown couldn’t be announced if it was happening. The longer the silence the more I think it’s not happening. After all training with Parra is useless if you’re going to play with WT.

With only 25 players in our 30 man squad, chances are we’ll be filling the remaining spots with players currently training with their current club. Those players have to come from somewhere. Might as well be Brown at Parra.

last edited by GNR4LIFE

@cochise said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Not yet

@TigerSkins said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@thegbone the slimey eels fans have gotta be kidding themselves if they dont think Parra are going to give us a forward to replace Matterson … !!

well then why hsant it been announced? and not a single media outloet has even mentioned it

@thegbone I think The tigers are a tight ship now . I would say there’s probably a few options available through multiple teams, and WT are weighing up pros and cons .
I mean , sure , we should get some compensation , but what if that 425k we get from releasing Matterson can be contributed to , say , Frizell .
Would you rather Frizell or Brown ? I get the “stuff Parra and Matto “ sentiment , as it does sting , but if you look through the “who’s the best fit and player lens” , then that might actually be the best result .

@cochise said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Yes, you do understand I was responding to a hypothetical?

Yeah you’re right, I think it’s dreadful that we get nothing out of this Matterson farce. We just laid down and let him walk. The whole thing stinks!

@Spud_Murphy said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Yeah you’re right, I think it’s dreadful that we get nothing out of this Matterson farce. We just laid down and let him walk. The whole thing stinks!

We might end with Mitchell. But yeah, nothing…

@Newtown said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@2005magic Wests Tigers must sieze the moment and transfer Reynolds to the Bulldogs for $350K. Makes a lot of sense in the long run.

I dont think 350k should cut it if they came in with something around 500k i think we could wear that but i think thats too much to cop.

@GNR4LIFE said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

We might, but no reason why we couldn’t get Mitchell as well as a forward swap for Matterson. Our pack has been severely weakened.

We might, but no reason why we couldn’t get Mitchell as well as a forward swap for Matterson. Our pack has been severely weakened.

Whose to say we won’t. How about we wait and see what happens before we go off the deep end, hanging the club for being incompetent. The roster has spots to be filled, so players are going to come from somewhere.

Drives most fans nuts… but prefer all the player movements from the club under lock and key instead of leaking like a sieve

Whose to say we won’t. How about we wait and see what happens before we go off the deep end, hanging the club for being incompetent. The roster has spots to be filled, so players are going to come from somewhere.

As TYGA posted, if there was a player swap it would’ve been announced at the same time as Matterson to Parra. So no swap, but hopefully we can still get a decent forward or two for next season from our own cap space.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.