Signing Suggestions & Rumours

Just remembered Wighton wanted to test the market Nov 1, why isn’t that through the papers?? No one showing interest or is it clubs and managers not playing the media game for this one?
Not saying we try and get him, just thought it was weird his name hasn’t been thrown around at all in the media.

come come LM come come

If that price is true, yeah that’s pretty good actually. We haven’t exactly gone over the top given the skills the guy does have and a good goal kicker too, just as long as he brings his A game into every game.

It sounds as though some at the club need to get with the programme. I am glad Maguire has control of this because if he wasn’t we would end up with a JT type signing accompanied with the smug comment it is an astute buy. Mitchell is a top buy for any club. Bronson and Lomax next?

Im all for the Mitchell signing, if all goes well he has a huge upside could be what Inglis was to souths. We all know Madge presided over that so maybe he knows exactly how he’s going to build his team around Mitchell. Also by the time Mitchell is in his 3rd year we will have the Ivan deals of Mbye and Reynolds done and dusted one way or the other, which should mean plenty of coin to upgrade if necessary and add to the squad.

@pawsandclaws1 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

It sounds as though some at the club need to get with the programme. I am glad Maguire has control of this because if he wasn’t we would end up with a JT type signing accompanied with the smug comment it is an astute buy. Mitchell is a top buy for any club. Bronson and Lomax next?

What about some forwards?

@TheDaBoss said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/cameron-king-job-ad-nrl-comeback/ce8aff52-84f7-4979-9088-7eca4aafa043

minimum deal?

No thanks.

Funny story. My cousin told me a year or two ago he was at a party and was talking to Nathan Brown. Brown told him all the Parra players thought King was a great guy, but not up to first grade.

@upper-d said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@tiga4eva said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Dean Ritchie reporting announcement of Latrell to Tigers in coming days. Approximately $2.7 over 3 seasons.

@tiga4eva Where is he reporting that? My googling has been fruitless so far…

Buy a newspaper.

@Cultured_Bogan said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@bptiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

really don’t want LM , would rather spend our money on 5-6 1st grade players spread out over forwards and backs. hes to much of a risk , and hes a sook.

Haha that’s why we’re in the mess we’re in. Filling out team full of average and fringe first graders.

So true …WTF Wests Tigers Fringies

@GNR4LIFE said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

I was never great at Maths but if he’s going to be on 800k next year, than that would leave us still with around 900k for next year. More than enough to add one or two more additions.

Definitely enough to get in a prop and another outside back. Think that’s what Madge said we are after.

@GNR4LIFE it has been reported on this forum we signed a young prop from the Eels who played well for the Junior Kiwis. We have had success with Real, Clark and Garner who were all brought to the in prior to playing N. This latest buy appears to be a high impact player. We are badly short oñ fast, elusive backs.

@Ponyo Any negative story/publicity surrounding Ivan makes my day so much better. I hope Penrith come last every year and I’ll look forward to watching Ivan squirm at every press conference. Keep up the great work Ivan.

@colinbh said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@upper-d said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@tiga4eva said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Dean Ritchie reporting announcement of Latrell to Tigers in coming days. Approximately $2.7 over 3 seasons.

@tiga4eva Where is he reporting that? My googling has been fruitless so far…

Buy a newspaper.

I’m allergic to donating any of my hard earned cash to Murdoch.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.