Signing Suggestions & Rumours

Ultimately I think the Roosters under did their offer to Latrell and it backfired on them
Angus Crichton is a great player but not more valuable than Latrell in my opinion and he was on $2.7m over 3 years (2019 $1.0m, 2020 & 2021 $850k) and they offer less to Latrell at $800k
Maybe the cap is having it’s very first bite back at the Chooks, but that’s probably wishful thinking

@balmain-boy said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@pawsandclaws1 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@balmain-boy we have also signed the young Fijian second row forward from the Eels as we as the Kiwii half . Obviously these are talented and you would think both forwards would be pushing for NRL selection at some point.

Who’s the second rower?

Etuale Lui is the jnr kiwi forward

@Curly_Tiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Ultimately I think the Roosters under did their offer to Latrell and it backfired on them
Angus Crichton is a great player but not more valuable than Latrell in my opinion and he was on $2.7m over 3 years (2019 $1.0m, 2020 & 2021 $850k) and they offer less to Latrell at $800k
Maybe the cap is having it’s very first bite back at the Chooks, but that’s probably wishful thinking

I agree, and I think some of the anti-Mitchell articles I’ve read are completely out of line. The Roosters made him an offer, he told them he wanted to test his value on the market, they withdrew the offer. It’s not disloyal to see what else might be out there, and it’s not fair for a club to make its offer conditional on a player not looking around. That’s especially true because Mitchell is out of contract after 2020.

It’s a totally different situation to Matterson. Matterson signed a three-year deal and demanded more money or a release after one. Mitchell wanted to see what might be on offer after his current contract expired - it was the Roosters’ decision to (a) withdraw their offer for 2021 onwards and (b) offer to release him for 2020.

@2041 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

I agree, and I think some of the anti-Mitchell articles I’ve read are completely out of line. The Roosters made him an offer, he told them he wanted to test his value on the market, they withdrew the offer. It’s not disloyal to see what else might be out there, and it’s not fair for a club to make its offer conditional on a player not looking around. That’s especially true because Mitchell is out of contract after 2020.

It’s a totally different situation to Matterson. Matterson signed a three-year deal and demanded more money or a release after one. Mitchell wanted to see what might be on offer after his current contract expired - it was the Roosters’ decision to (a) withdraw their offer for 2021 onwards and (b) offer to release him for 2020.

I see what you’re saying but to offer an immediate release surely means there’s more to it.

Maybe they want to make a big move in the market with Cooper’s money and the extra dollars from Latrell’s might be the key to pulling off a big deal
I agree their seem to be a lot of slurs in the media with no apparent foundation
With a young family and a big upgrade in his financial security, remembering his best salary has been $450k a year so far, he should be in a good position to rise to a new level in his preferred position with a new club

@Tiger_Steve said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

I see what you’re saying but to offer an immediate release surely means there’s more to it.

Not necessarily. I think it’s just a matter of them having Billy Smith coming through who will slot into Mitchell’s centre spot. They probably have someone lined up to buy with Mitchells money.

@avocadoontoast said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Tiger_Steve said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Not necessarily. I think it’s just a matter of them having Billy Smith coming through who will slot into Mitchell’s centre spot. They probably have someone lined up to buy with Mitchells money.

That may be right. It just seems to me that he’s too good a player to give up on so easily.

Paul kairatana (halfback))ex keebra park and Lachlan Talau (hooker),Tommy’s brother are training with us , both are really hopeless, both battled to get out of Sydney shield at Moore bank last year. William key is also with us from parramatta and young Tyler field from Parra sg ball has signed with us. Logen Dillon is now back training after having a titanium plate inserted in his hand during offseason and billy Britain Britain (ex Souths hooker) at concord on Tuesday. I hear anything else I will post it.

@leftrightout billy brittain only CC contract ?

@pawsandclaws1 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@WT2K Salesian Fainga’a

Signed Etu as well, according to the eels forum

last edited by WT2K

Tyler Field is one of the Aust School halves. Great signing.

@leftrightout said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Paul kairatana (halfback))ex keebra park and Lachlan Talau (hooker),Tommy’s brother are training with us , both are really hopeless, both battled to get out of Sydney shield at Moore bank last year. William key is also with us from parramatta and young Tyler field from Parra sg ball has signed with us. Logen Dillon is now back training after having a titanium plate inserted in his hand during offseason and billy Britain Britain (ex Souths hooker) at concord on Tuesday. I hear anything else I will post it.

William Kei - Leading try scorer in Matts a couple of years ago. Scored the match winner in an u16 Origin. Big and fast, been playing up an age grade or two due to his skill. Was at centre in parra’s flegg team this year at 17-18 years.

(https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/the-express/sport/up-and-coming-parramatta-eels-and-bankstown-bruins-players-get-top-gongs-at-awards-night/news-story/8d8265d8620f0a599d88bc07574dd8ea

Salesi faingaa seems a big bodied young forward. His stats aren’t amazing but did well playing for Wenty this season.
(https://www.nswrl.com.au/players/nsw-cup/wentworthville-magpies/salesi-faingaa/)

Field an aussie schoolboys half (second year in a row we’ve got one) would be a handy addition too even though he was behind Walker.

Etu Lui the barnstorming junior kiwis prop.

These are the sorts of signings we should have been making for the past few years and for the life of me i can’t understand why we’d sign the likes of O’Toole and Clifford rather than focusing on developing young stars.

last edited by balmain boy

@balmain-boy Thanks, We appear to have beaten Manly to Kei. He is a really big and fast centre. That is quite a few Eels juniors who have come across to WTs,

I’m told Latrell will be a Tiger by the end of this week. Source is good.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.