Signing Suggestions & Rumours

@happy_tiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@TJ21 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@hsvjones said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Let this settle in…
We have lost Marsters , Matterson, Matulino, Fonua, Farah & Rochow… (5 starters)

We have gained the following with first grade experience - Walters (1 or 2 games) and … Nothing

Sorry but that is not good enough for a club with the money we have available… I understand LL from Dragons might be coming but until it announced it is not happening…

If they think we will be better with these guys gone and the younger ones added they are kidding themselves…

Something does not seem right here as we are nearly Dec and other teams are playing there cards and all we seem to be doing to sitting in the corner with our fingers crossed hoping that LM comes to us…

@hsvjones the thing about these sort of posts is that you, like me and everyone else in this forum have no idea what’s going on in terms of negotiations and signings but still people continue to post negative rubbish about the club. I like the fact that everything is under wraps and not leaking out to the press. It’s not for us to know! Be positive mate, the club is in the best position it has been for years, so look forward!!

Negative Rubbish …??

The actual facts Jack until something actually happens …

Perception isn’t fact

@NT_Tiger it seems this is what everyone on this forum is after. Sign average palyers for average money to fill the roster and then lose their marbles at the Head Office for coming 9th again

@TheDaBoss said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Seriously …NO

I really liked him when he was at the Tigers and thougth he would really make it. Hard tough and strong. Never could work out why he didnt kick on but I think that “highlights” package spells it out. EVERY SINGLE ONE of his highlights was the crazy hard fast run leading his left shoulder which is cool and everything but…what else.

Even worse was TWICE on that highlight reel he smashes a defender, leaving him prone on the ground and he STOPS to gloat at them, WHILST HE HAS THE BALL. He is having a great time but I can only imagine his teammates & coach are screaming “KEEP RUNNING OR PASS IT!!!”. Selfish attitude on display.

@Glenn5150 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Seriously …NO

I really liked him when he was at the Tigers and thougth he would really make it. Hard tough and strong. Never could work out why he didnt kick on but I think that “highlights” package spells it out. EVERY SINGLE ONE of his highlights was the crazy hard fast run leading his left shoulder which is cool and everything but…what else.

Even worse was TWICE on that highlight reel he smashes a defender, leaving him prone on the ground and he STOPS to gloat at them, WHILST HE HAS THE BALL. He is having a great time but I can only imagine his teammates & coach are screaming “KEEP RUNNING OR PASS IT!!!”. Selfish attitude on display.

Not to mention lairish and cowardly.

@happy_tiger thanks for your highly valuable input mate.

And your input was don’t put crap on the club

Its a rugby league club that has let all of it fans down for the past 8 seasons

You and many other fans are treating it like an endangered species

People need to be throwing stones at the place in my opinion …let the honchos in charge realize that this isn’t acceptable and until they empty the bilge and get the club afloat again and playing finals that we will be on their cases

People need to be throwing stones at the place in my opinion …let the honchos in charge realize that this isn’t acceptable and until they empty the bilge and get the club afloat again and playing finals that we will be on their cases

agree, we need to let the club know that enough is enough and we want to see action NOW

@happy_tiger
To be fair, I reckon from what he’s said in public our new chairman is well and truly on side with disgruntled fans. The push will come from the top.

agree, we need to let the club know that enough is enough and we want to see action NOW

How does that work?

@GNR4LIFE said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Let this settle in…
We have lost Marsters , Matterson, Matulino, Fonua, Farah & Rochow… (5 starters)

We have gained the following with first grade experience - Walters (1 or 2 games) and … Nothing

Sorry but that is not good enough for a club with the money we have available… I understand LL from Dragons might be coming but until it announced it is not happening…

If they think we will be better with these guys gone and the younger ones added they are kidding themselves…

Something does not seem right here as we are nearly Dec and other teams are playing there cards and all we seem to be doing to sitting in the corner with our fingers crossed hoping that LM comes to us…

@hsvjones the thing about these sort of posts is that you, like me and everyone else in this forum have no idea what’s going on in terms of negotiations and signings but still people continue to post negative rubbish about the club. I like the fact that everything is under wraps and not leaking out to the press. It’s not for us to know! Be positive mate, the club is in the best position it has been for years, so look forward!!

Negative Rubbish …??

Perception isn’t fact

So we haven’t lost Farah ,Fonua ,Matterson , Rochow and Marsters

I dont agree with you Happy, but understand the logic of what you are saying and you have the right to your opinion.

IMO the trouble with your point of view and the principle of lets throw stones is that you and a handful of others here that share your POV are throwing the stones constantly, by minute, day after day, but the process of emptying the bilge and floating the boat is a longer term process and takes more time.

Other people like me (and I think the majority here) share your disappointment with the club over a long period of time, but can see that the process of improving the place has begun (Better coach, getting rid of deadwood, new chair, COE etc etc etc) and are hoping and are prepared to let these guys get on with the job of pumping the bilge without rocks raining down on them.

That and the fact that the constant rock chucking here on the board is as boring as hell.

Let this settle in…

Negative Rubbish …??

Perception isn’t fact

What’s your point?

Matterson would the only player id like to keep. Marsters went backwards last year.

Talau will step into his position. Hel go great after another pre season.

@NT_Tiger it seems this is what everyone on this forum is after. Sign average palyers for average money to fill the roster and then lose their marbles at the Head Office for coming 9th again

I think what your missing is if we had/have signed Mitchell that’s what players / dollars we have available to fill the final spots …especially when 4 year /5.2 million dollar figures came out

Let this settle in…

Negative Rubbish …??

Perception isn’t fact

What’s your point?

So they Fantastic Five haven’t left and the only player with NRL experience who will be fit Rd 1 is Billy Walters with 2 NRL games

Aren’t they facts …if I have missed something and these blokes have reneged , not retired or we signed someone else how did I and the rest of the Forum miss it ??

Let this settle in…

Negative Rubbish …??

Perception isn’t fact

Any club that hopes to play finals football has to lose first graders of the standard of Fonua & Rochow.

Effectively (he came off development list at the same time as Fonua was injured) Fonua was replaced by Talau which Im Ok with. Hate to say it but Rochow is replaceable by whatever young second rower we get.

Matterson was a good player, Masters a solid first grader, Farah has been a legend but his performance in 2019 was just first grade standard. These guys are good and need to be replaced.

You havent balanced your argument with the re-signing of Garner, Twal, Aoliai etc

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.