Signing Suggestions & Rumours

@GNR4LIFE I’m with you mate . Also not to cause further issues , but 3 of those 6 were , not starters at all. And 1 whilst valuable to us (Farah) was not valued by his previous team . Also Marsters was not guaranteed a starting spot either, with Momirovski and Talau pushing through . Only Matterson is a loss . But even then , if he really was the morale killer , the players , seemed to subtlety say he was , how much of a loss is he as well .
I just don’t think it’s as simple as @hsvjones is saying .
Also the bemoaning of signing the top juniors out there is baffling to me .
The reality is that previous regimes , Voldemort’s being the worst ( because he had everyone convinced , including me), really had no idea , how to construct a team .
If next year is a write off (which I still think right now we can battle for 8th), and it means hugely front loading contracts , whilst developing juniors , this could be huge for the long term viability.

@happy_tiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@GNR4LIFE said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@TJ21 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@hsvjones said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Let this settle in…
We have lost Marsters , Matterson, Matulino, Fonua, Farah & Rochow… (5 starters)

We have gained the following with first grade experience - Walters (1 or 2 games) and … Nothing

Sorry but that is not good enough for a club with the money we have available… I understand LL from Dragons might be coming but until it announced it is not happening…

If they think we will be better with these guys gone and the younger ones added they are kidding themselves…

Something does not seem right here as we are nearly Dec and other teams are playing there cards and all we seem to be doing to sitting in the corner with our fingers crossed hoping that LM comes to us…

@hsvjones the thing about these sort of posts is that you, like me and everyone else in this forum have no idea what’s going on in terms of negotiations and signings but still people continue to post negative rubbish about the club. I like the fact that everything is under wraps and not leaking out to the press. It’s not for us to know! Be positive mate, the club is in the best position it has been for years, so look forward!!

Negative Rubbish …??

The actual facts Jack until something actually happens …

Perception isn’t fact

So we haven’t lost Farah ,Fonua ,Matterson , Rochow and Marsters

What’s your point?

So they Fantastic Five haven’t left and the only player with NRL experience who will be fit Rd 1 is Billy Walters with 2 NRL games

Aren’t they facts …if I have missed something and these blokes have reneged , not retired or we signed someone else how did I and the rest of the Forum miss it ??

Let this settle in…
We have lost Marsters , Matterson, Matulino, Fonua, Farah & Rochow… (5 starters)

We have gained the following with first grade experience - Walters (1 or 2 games) and … Nothing

Sorry but that is not good enough for a club with the money we have available… I understand LL from Dragons might be coming but until it announced it is not happening…

If they think we will be better with these guys gone and the younger ones added they are kidding themselves…

Something does not seem right here as we are nearly Dec and other teams are playing there cards and all we seem to be doing to sitting in the corner with our fingers crossed hoping that LM comes to us…

@hsvjones the thing about these sort of posts is that you, like me and everyone else in this forum have no idea what’s going on in terms of negotiations and signings but still people continue to post negative rubbish about the club. I like the fact that everything is under wraps and not leaking out to the press. It’s not for us to know! Be positive mate, the club is in the best position it has been for years, so look forward!!

Negative Rubbish …??

Perception isn’t fact

What’s your point?

So they Fantastic Five haven’t left and the only player with NRL experience who will be fit Rd 1 is Billy Walters with 2 NRL games

Aren’t they facts …if I have missed something and these blokes have reneged , not retired or we signed someone else how did I and the rest of the Forum miss it ??

Another fact is that we have 4 spots to fill in our roster before March, and we have almost 2 million dollars to fill them with. Common sense tells you that money won’t buy you 4 more Billy Walters.

Stop quoting each other you derros lol - you’re talking to each other no need to flood the threads with endless quotes. Just tag the users ID name.

last edited by Ponyo

@Ponyo said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Stop quoting each other you derros lol - you’re talking to each other no need to flood the threads with endless quotes. Just tag the users ID name. What an eye sore!

Ok

@Glenn5150 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Stop quoting each other you derros lol - you’re talking to each other no need to flood the threads with endless quotes. Just tag the users ID name. What an eye sore!

Ok

Not having a go at you Glenn -
Just a general observation

Ok

Not having a go at you Glenn -
Just a general observation

No I totally understand and think yo have a good point

😎👍

@TheDaBoss said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@happy_tiger thanks for your highly valuable input mate.

And your input was don’t put crap on the club

Its a rugby league club that has let all of it fans down for the past 8 seasons

You and many other fans are treating it like an endangered species

People need to be throwing stones at the place in my opinion …let the honchos in charge realize that this isn’t acceptable and until they empty the bilge and get the club afloat again and playing finals that we will be on their cases

agree, we need to let the club know that enough is enough and we want to see action NOW

Yep, we no longer accept or want mediocrity

Let this settle in…

Negative Rubbish …??

Perception isn’t fact

Any club that hopes to play finals football has to lose first graders of the standard of Fonua & Rochow.

Effectively (he came off development list at the same time as Fonua was injured) Fonua was replaced by Talau which Im Ok with. Hate to say it but Rochow is replaceable by whatever young second rower we get.

Matterson was a good player, Masters a solid first grader, Farah has been a legend but his performance in 2019 was just first grade standard. These guys are good and need to be replaced.

You havent balanced your argument with the re-signing of Garner, Twal, Aoliai etc

If we don’t sort out the front row shortage , back row shortage , hooker issue we aren’t Top 8 material

And The Gunners if we are spending a million on Latrell we only have 700/800 k for 3 players …even if we sign one more on minimum wage it still leaves 600 k for 2 players …what prop / back rower will we get that will sure our forward pack up for 300 k each ??

@happy_tiger happy those comments are just idiotic. Are you educated enough to understand business? It is not wests tiger responsibility to keep you, Happy Tiger, up to date with every tiny bit of information in regards to negotiations and signings it’s that simple.
Please explain how I am treating it like an endangered species. All I’m saying is be positive and have faith in the club mate. But in your idiotic response you would rather stone the club to death.

Stop quoting each other you derros lol - you’re talking to each other no need to flood the threads with endless quotes. Just tag the users ID name.

This is /has been the argument if you reply you can’t see what the other person has quoted …could be something from 20 pages ago

@happy_tiger happy those comments are just idiotic. Are you educated enough to understand business? It is not wests tiger responsibility to keep you, Happy Tiger, up to date with every tiny bit of information in regards to negotiations and signings it’s that simple.
Please explain how I am treating it like an endangered species. All I’m saying is be positive and have faith in the club mate. But in your idiotic response you would rather stone the club to death.

I’m not asking my club to leak like an old wooden boat …I’m asking my club that I support with memberships every year …I want them to occasionally make a finals appearance …maybe buy a player who wants to last an entire contract …sign a coach whose here to stay …not have novices make salary cap errors and put us behind the 8 ball …not have board members back stab chairpersons

You might be able to ignore all this with your love for the club …many of us think the club must start producing now

@happy_tiger I understand what you are saying. You don’t think we made progresses in the last 18 months?

Tbh i dont see what everyone is losing it about. This is lm’s first monster contract this sets him up for life. He
Will and should take his time. Secondly and personally I would prefer the club bought no one then over spend on mid tier players.
The people that have signed to other clubs are not stars and are replaceable through a varied of less expensive ways.
Capewell solid poor first up defender.
Tetavano well i have lost it enough on the subject.
Croft average half.
Brimson could be great but still is relatively unproven.
Alex Glenn mid tier and older.

The big names are also still on the market. I like high upside guys blokes we are linked to. All are young and will grow well. Most played junior kiwis or kangaroos. And Leilua is a gun in waiting imo.

And we have probably bought more players this off season then any other team. They are just young and need a season or two to develop.

No more bandaid fast fixes we want high end talent or low cost high reward players. That may mean an extra year or two waiting. I personally can handle that

@happy_tiger I understand what you are saying. You don’t think we made progresses in the last 18 months?

2018 missed finals :Coach left

2019 missed finals :best player left , salary cap scandal ,Chairperson forced out by the 2 members of board ,another chairperson left , only Tier 1 international left /released (like him or not like him )

Do you think we have made progress ??

@happy_tiger looking at the club overall, my oath we have progressed! Look at the youth we have signed over the past few months. We have raided some of the best juniors on the market, the COE and one the best coaches in the game. I am the first to admit I have been highly negative towards the club over the years with decisions that have been made but look at our future. You would be quite ignorant to not see how bright our future is

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.