Signing Suggestions & Rumours

@barra said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Dragons’ Zac Lomax to make NRL call soon

But the Wests Tigers have emerged as a genuine suitor, with the merger-club having the added carrot of being able to offer Lomax the No.1 jumper.
It is understood Lomax might make a decision as soon as next week.

“We have spoken to some other clubs and it’s been good to understand how other clubs roll, (see) some of the facilities,” Lomax told AAP.

Largely unknown qty really, but from the quotes through the article it does sound like the young fella has a good attitude.

I am friends with his cousin, if I bump in to her I will ask some questions

Everyone is jumping of the Dragons ship, I’d be throwing everything at Frizz. Lomax is a very unknown commodity and unproven, I’m sure to get him on board we would be paying overs. Another Jennings??

@Spartan117 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Have the started building ??? I have a bad feeling about this…

Fair bit of info on the Canada Bay council website.
No reason it won’t proceed

https://www.canadabay.nsw.gov.au/council/vision-and-projects/major-development-projects/redevelopment-of-concord-oval

@TJ21 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Everyone is jumping of the Dragons ship, I’d be throwing everything at Frizz. Lomax is a very unknown commodity and unproven, I’m sure to get him on board we would be paying overs. Another Jennings??

Lomax has been switched between wing, fullback and centre in his appearances in the NRL. He needs a coach who will allow him to settle in one position and develop an understanding with the players around him. He has the ability to break the line.

last edited by pawsandclaws1

Is Lomax even tested at fullback? Why would we be offering him the FB position as an unknown quantity?

Anyone have any news on whether the slimey grubs will release  Stefano Utoikamanu for 2020??

@pawsandclaws1 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Lomax has been switched between wing, fullback and centre in his appearances in the NRL. He needs a coach who will allow him to settle in one position and develop an understanding with the players around him. He has the ability to break the line.

@pawsandclaws1 I will have to find some footage. I must admit I didn’t watch the dragons much at all this year

Anyone have any news on whether the slimey grubs will release  Stefano Utoikamanu for 2020??

No news but if the young fellow has the potential to lose significant $ because he is on a development contract at the Eels, you would believe there would be etiquette to release him unless our offer can be matched for a year.

No news but if the young fellow has the potential to lose significant $ because he is on a development contract at the Eels, you would believe there would be etiquette to release him unless our offer can be matched for a year.

@pawsandclaws1 he is on about $70k atm right??

@weststigers said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Is Lomax even tested at fullback? Why would we be offering him the FB position as an unknown quantity?

Only one game at FB this season.

@pawsandclaws1 he is on about $70k atm right??

I read $60k which is a huge difference. I can’t fathom how the Eels can retain him unless our offer can be matched for a year.

Hardly, this guy has talent - Jennings talent is to try and be a plodder.

@Russell said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Hardly, this guy has talent - Jennings talent is to try and be a plodder.

@Russell Jennings has been quite poor. I haven’t seen Lomax play enough to make judgement but I will take your word for it.

@happy_tiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@barra said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Dragons’ Zac Lomax to make NRL call soon

But the Wests Tigers have emerged as a genuine suitor, with the merger-club having the added carrot of being able to offer Lomax the No.1 jumper.
It is understood Lomax might make a decision as soon as next week.

“We have spoken to some other clubs and it’s been good to understand how other clubs roll, (see) some of the facilities,” Lomax told AAP.

Largely unknown qty really, but from the quotes through the article it does sound like the young fella has a good attitude.

Surely the facilities are off limits to any potential signings

The dumbbells still weigh the same…

A coach like Madge who has let MBye settle in to one spot, ohh hang on a sec

👍

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.