Signing Suggestions & Rumours

@balmain-boy said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Harvey said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@pawsandclaws1 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@TJ21 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Anyone have any news on whether the slimey grubs will release  Stefano Utoikamanu for 2020??

No news but if the young fellow has the potential to lose significant $ because he is on a development contract at the Eels, you would believe there would be etiquette to release him unless our offer can be matched for a year.

@pawsandclaws1 he is on about $70k atm right??

I read $60k which is a huge difference. I can’t fathom how the Eels can retain him unless our offer can be matched for a year.

I can. He has a contract and they are holding him to it. Any club can do it when someone under contract starts whinging about mental health issues, coaching their son, or not liking their current role.

Making an example of one person sends a message to others under contract that may be looking elsewhere, much the same as releasing the first whinging player makes others realise that they are free to look around.

The difference is he’s on an amateur contract. He can’t play nrl until 3/4 of the season is done. So they’re cutting his earning ability by 2/3 and denying him the chance to play first grade, something they can’t offer. That’s not how you treat young players.

If he were on an nrl contract or would be a bit different, as he could still offer the nrl side something. But he can’t. And they have no incentive to push him to be the best when they have other young junior rep props they can focus on instead.

Wonder if the players association can do anything

@Red88_Tiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Who was the fullback that stood in for turbo this year. He went pretty well didn’t he.

Brendan Elliot?

@Red88_Tiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Who was the fullback that stood in for turbo this year. He went pretty well didn’t he.

Brendan Elliot. He did go well, but Thompson offers more than him.

Brendan Elliott ?
He did okay

Only watched him for half a game thought he was solid

Anyone have any news on whether the slimey grubs will release  Stefano Utoikamanu for 2020??

No news but if the young fellow has the potential to lose significant $ because he is on a development contract at the Eels, you would believe there would be etiquette to release him unless our offer can be matched for a year.

I read $60k which is a huge difference. I can’t fathom how the Eels can retain him unless our offer can be matched for a year.

I can. He has a contract and they are holding him to it. Any club can do it when someone under contract starts whinging about mental health issues, coaching their son, or not liking their current role.

Making an example of one person sends a message to others under contract that may be looking elsewhere, much the same as releasing the first whinging player makes others realise that they are free to look around.

The difference is he’s on an amateur contract. He can’t play nrl until 3/4 of the season is done. So they’re cutting his earning ability by 2/3 and denying him the chance to play first grade, something they can’t offer. That’s not how you treat young players.

If he were on an nrl contract or would be a bit different, as he could still offer the nrl side something. But he can’t. And they have no incentive to push him to be the best when they have other young junior rep props they can focus on instead.

Amateur means you do not get paid. He is on a development contract. He agreed to the conditions of that contract, which bound him to a particular club for a period of time. Using that argument Cini, Simpkins and others are fair game for any club that wants to take them on.

@Wounded_magpie said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Brendan Elliott ?
He did okay

Elliott is pretty good , but behind Taupau ,Fonua Blake , Trbojevic , Sironen and Thompson Geo would look pretty good

Amateur means you do not get paid. He is on a development contract. He agreed to the conditions of that contract, which bound him to a particular club for a period of time. Using that argument Cini, Simpkins and others are fair game for any club that wants to take them on.

No, because they’re not off contract. Can only approach in the final year.

Who said he was whinging about mental health issues? Didn’t we release one of our players to the Raiders under similar circumstances who recently played for Great Britain? It is for financial reasons. Match our offer or release him. As for making an example of him, are they to discipline Matterson?

This is why the Tigers have signed so many of there juniors … the way they are being treated by that grub of a club …

Notice the Wolfpack head of Rugby here last week scouting. Interesting if he looked at any of our availables. Perhaps that was the reason Reynolds and Pascoe at NRL last week.

@Snake said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

This is why the Tigers have signed so many of there juniors … the way they are being treated by that grub of a club …

The problem is that the player is happy to sign an amateur contract - I’d suggest even thrilled to sign with a view to what lies ahead. But as soon as something bigger and better comes along, they’re no longer happy. The original contract should stand so the club isn’t disadvantaged. No matter the club, no matter the player. If all agree to break the agreement, cool. If the club isn’t prepared for whatever reason, then that’s their prerogative and it shouldn’t be held against them. It’s just business. Everyone’s entitled to look after their own best interests.

From our friend The Mole this morning
TIGERS HUNGRY FOR SHARK
Now that the Tigers have pulled out of the race to sign Latrell Mitchell, they have ramped up their bid to sign Cronulla utility Matt

Moylan.
The Sharks are reportedly happy to let Moylan go after an injury-plagued season that saw him play just 11 games in 2019.
The Tigers have money to spend following Ryan Matterson’s departure and see Moylan as a valuable player given his ability to play almost anywhere in the backline

@momo_amp_medo said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

From our friend The Mole this morning
TIGERS HUNGRY FOR SHARK
Now that the Tigers have pulled out of the race to sign Latrell Mitchell, they have ramped up their bid to sign Cronulla utility Matt

Moylan.
The Sharks are reportedly happy to let Moylan go after an injury-plagued season that saw him play just 11 games in 2019.
The Tigers have money to spend following Ryan Matterson’s departure and see Moylan as a valuable player given his ability to play almost anywhere in the backline

Xerri please…

If the club sign Moylan they should use him in there merchandise material … a blow up head of him as my misses would purchase one immediately as he has the most punchable head in league according to her!

last edited by Snake

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.