Signing Suggestions & Rumours

@BalmainJnr said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Strongee said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@pawsandclaws1 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Arrow is a solidi forward. We have enough of those but LL is a genuine gamebreaker and the type of strike forward we require. Arrow is not worth the money being suggested.

I think his value to Souths is different than to us. I would say that Uncle Wayne sees a real void in reliable forwards for Souths . Murray is amazing at the quick play the ball , but is a little lite , and with the Burgess bros gone , that pack could go from a strength to a weakness, especially if teams figure out how to limit Murray.
We on the other hand , have for a long time had reliable , honest forwards . A few will get you 100m most games , but not much else.
To us he’s just a very good front rower .
We needed , a wrecking ball or 2 . So the value for an unfit , leilua type , is much higher to us .
Because it’s seen as a deficiency in our system.
I believe this is why Arrow was considered a luxury to our management

Agree on the Grubbitohs pack. To add to that, it’s hard to think that Cook will be as effective playing off the weakened pack they presently have. I can’t see them having the consistent punch and quick play the balls (with the exception of Murray) that he is accustomed to. As you say, Luciano provides our pack with a different dimension in attack compared to the honest toilers we have. Our pack would also greatly benefit from either one of our young blokes (Mikaele/Stefano) or a yet to be purchased prop that can play in the style of a JWH enforcer type.

I don’t know why Arrow would trust Bennett

Bennett himself keeps who he wants to keep and lets go who he wants to let go

Bennett didn’t rate Arrow at Brisbane high enough for him to keep him …but now he does …

What happens when David Fifita arrives …oops sorry Jai …WT’s are interested

last edited by happy_tiger

@happy_tiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Arrow is a solidi forward. We have enough of those but LL is a genuine gamebreaker and the type of strike forward we require. Arrow is not worth the money being suggested.

I think his value to Souths is different than to us. I would say that Uncle Wayne sees a real void in reliable forwards for Souths . Murray is amazing at the quick play the ball , but is a little lite , and with the Burgess bros gone , that pack could go from a strength to a weakness, especially if teams figure out how to limit Murray.
We on the other hand , have for a long time had reliable , honest forwards . A few will get you 100m most games , but not much else.
We needed , a wrecking ball or 2 . So the value for an unfit , leilua type , is much higher to us .

Agree on the Grubbitohs pack. To add to that, it’s hard to think that Cook will be as effective playing off the weakened pack they presently have. I can’t see them having the consistent punch and quick play the balls (with the exception of Murray) that he is accustomed to. As you say, Luciano provides our pack with a different dimension in attack compared to the honest toilers we have. Our pack would also greatly benefit from either one of our young blokes (Mikaele/Stefano) or a yet to be purchased prop that can play in the style of a JWH enforcer type.

Bennett didn’t rate Arrow at Brisbane high enough for him to keep him …but know he does …

Good point. Don’t know why any player of note would want to sign there really. Their squad has taken some hits and the coach is more likely to retire than rebuild the pack.

last edited by BalmainJnr

@Geo said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Almost dirtied my reg grundies then , read the 1st page thinking it was the last and talk of Dugan

Not even funny

Pampers…

Those Cuddlz you sent up look great … but I don’t need them yet

Must be that time in your life when you need to start buying Depend for men 😂

What odds Bennett gets the boot if Souths don’t make top 4 ? Won’t worry him -the master of the payout.

@Don_Kershane said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

What odds Bennett gets the boot if Souths don’t make top 4 ? Won’t worry him -the master of the payout.

He’s on a 2 year contract. There’d be no payout.

last edited by GNR4LIFE

@GNR4LIFE said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

He’s on a 2 year contract. There’d be no payout.

i think it was originally but extended to 3 to include 2019.

Broncos put feelers out for Folau (SMH)

Cody Walker expected to re-sign with souffs (DT)

@WT2K said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Folau returns to Broncos.
Wouldn’t that be great.
Hope it happens.

A- Foley wont come, nrl wont allow it

B- if walker resigns latrell technically is out of the equation with souffs

C- I bet latrell will re sign with rorters after mending relationships

@TheDaBoss said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

A- Foley wont come, nrl wont allow it

B- if walker resigns latrell technically is out of the equation with souffs

C- I bet latrell will re sign with rorters after mending relationships

Didn’t DT report this morning Roosters can’t keep him past 2020. They’ve spent the money.

@Demps said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Wouldn’t that be great.
Hope it happens.

That article would go go down as the most amateurish of 2019 from weedler -and that is saying something-desperate for any rubbish. Probably off for hols tomorrow,needed one last column to fulfill quota.

@Demps said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Wouldn’t that be great.
Hope it happens.

That article would go go down as the most amateurish of 2019 from weedler -and that is saying something-desperate for any rubbish. Probably off for hols tomorrow,needed one last column to fulfill quota.

https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2019/12/08/club-statement-on-folau/

If anyone ever needed proof that Weedler makes stuff up. The guy is a flea.

last edited by BalmainJnr

100% correct

Bennett didn’t rate Arrow at Brisbane high enough for him to keep him …but now he does …

What happens when David Fifita arrives …oops sorry Jai …WT’s are interested

The reason Arrow is going to Souths is because of Crowe …his partner is a model and wants to live-in Sydney and Crowe is the draw not Bennett …Arrow just whipped and doing what will make his life uncomplicated off the field …obviously Bennett does not rate him .Read between the lines!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.