Signing Suggestions & Rumours

I can’t upload my spread sheets (for obvious reasons) but I’m happy to post the top 5 analytically rated players of each position coming off contract this and next year if you guys are interested. The rankings come in order of VFM and +/- combination.

@wokesmoke said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

I can’t upload my spread sheets (for obvious reasons) but I’m happy to post the top 5 analytically rated players of each position coming off contract this and next year if you guys are interested. The rankings come in order of VFM and +/- combination.

I would like to see it

AJ for 2020. Yay or Nay?

@Cultured_Bogan said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Red88_Tiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Conspiracy theory - I keep wondering why roosters were so keen to gift us a fullback.
Only thing I can come up with is Tedesco is approachable nov this year.

No way Tedesco will ever come back. He’s won two premierships in two years at the club he loved as a kid and has everything paid for him. As long as he’s fit Uncle Nick will sure he’ll stay.

He’s gone and will stay gone.

And should stay gone. I don’t want him back.

Fullback (in order)
Tedesco
Hughes
Dufty
Dugan
Moylan

Centre (in order)
BJ leluia
Dylan walker
Brad parker
Brian kelly
Euan aitken

Wing (in order)
Daniel tupou
Maika sivo
Nick cotric
JAC
Brian to’o
Alex Johnston
Remis Smith
Okunbor
Oldfield

There was a poster on here by the name of smoking gun in the very same industry…Do you know him…?

@gallagher said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@bptiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

reading the above Pascoe comes across as a idiot , his statement were he states we have not PAID OVER FOR ANY QUAILTY PLAYERS, HE IS RIGHT WE HAVENT SIGNED ANY QUAILTY PLAYERS HAVE U.so how could we have paid overs.

He’s an idiot but he’s mastered the political speak. He’s fooling a lot.

He hasn’t, fooled me galagher…the bloke should have been punted…fancy saying we no longer pay overs for quality players, that’s right Pascoe, because they all rejected us…i would have put your 1mil offer to latreen as overs

News is AJ wants to see out his contract with Souths and is determined to stay put. Let’s see how that works out for him. On the other hand Marwene Hiroti is very keen. He’s on a train and trial with the Sharks but his preference is the Tigers, most likely more opportunities.

A bit of topic but

Just an update on the Centre of Excellence:

Wests Tiger and West Harbour Pirates have been asked to vacate Concord by the 3rd week of February which I’m assuming means that demolition will start in March. Both clubs will be located in demountable’s behind the old eastern stand over the canal at Concord.
I believe that the Tigers will probably train at St Lukes North, the oval has just been reseeded to get to NRL standard (not sure what that is) and the Pirates will be at St Lukes 2 and 3 sharing with the Tigers lower grades.
Schedules for construction of the CoE are still a little grey but my sources are telling me that it may not be available until after the 2022 pre season. But I am assuming the oval itself maybe accessible before that.

Hooker
Mahoney
Fainu
McInnes
Peats
Verrils

Halfback
Keary
Adam reynolds
Luai (huge vfm and +/-)
Lewis
Johnson

5/8
Marshall
Norman
Wighton
Clifford
Watson

@tigerballs said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

News is AJ wants to see out his contract with Souths and is determined to stay put. Let’s see how that works out for him. On the other hand Marwene Hiroti is very keen. He’s on a train and trial with the Sharks but his preference is the Tigers, most likely more opportunities.

Y

Yes please to Hiroti he is young and keen and would work his way to the top 17

More to the point, let’s see how that works out for Souths and their salary cap. Something (or someone) must have to give.

@pawsandclaws1 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

More to the point, let’s see how that works out for Souths and their salary cap. Something (or someone) must have to give.

Is there a time limit by which Souths have to sort out their salary cap situation for 2020?

Wheee did you see that?

@Newtown said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@pawsandclaws1 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Is there a time limit by which Souths have to sort out their salary cap situation for 2020?

Technically they can’t register a contract that will see the cap exceeded. So if NRL has registered it they are saying they are cap compliant for 2020 with latrell. Now if they want arrow that probably changes things

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.