Signing Suggestions & Rumours

@wokesmoke said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Can’t take him on 500k Souths would have to comp half that on both years remaining. Unproven at various positions that’s a ridiculous cap number. If Souths are doing dumb things like that I really don’t see how they can be cap compliant.

He is a 200-250k player at the most today

Douhei is a gun.
Bring him home and sign him long term.

We’ll be the team the bulldogs wish they could be.

Next signing… Kayne Kalache.

Article says Madge gave him his debut… Madge was sacked in 17 and Douiehi debut was in 18…

For a club that reportedly doesn’t need to move on any players their seems to be plenty of talk about moving on their players! And if Douehli is on $500k it’s not so surprising.

People say 500g is crazy money, for a starting no6 or no1 it’s about what you can expect to pay. We need a no1 for this year and we need a no6 in 2021. Be crazy not to have a crack at him, there is a ton of upside about this kid

Titans confirmed that Souths offered them a winger.
Didn’t mention who.

Gagai or AJ you would assume

How about we take Douhie on full wage if south’s give us Gagai for Packer in a straight swap

last edited by Tigerstar

@Celticguy97 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

He would be a great halves partner for Brooks in the 6 Jumper and can fill an immediate need at fullback this season. Make it happen Madge !!!

He would be a more than very handy acquisition. Come on Pascoe and Madge, put the hard word on Bennet and sign him for a reasonable price. It’s about time the club signed a player like Doehi.

@Tigerstar said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

How about we take Douhie on full wage if south’s give us Gagai for Packer in a straight swap

If stuff like this was possible, it would be good.

@pawsandclaws1 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@avocadoontoast said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@tigerballs said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@tigerballs said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

News is AJ wants to see out his contract with Souths and is determined to stay put. Let’s see how that works out for him. On the other hand Marwene Hiroti is very keen. He’s on a train and trial with the Sharks but his preference is the Tigers, most likely more opportunities.

Wheee did you see that?

A source at Souths

That’s a shame and surprising. With us has the chance to play fullback and get good money. There’s a chance with Souths he doesn’t make first grade. Weird.

He might stick it out til June. But when he’s In reggies behind

Mitchell
Graham
Burns
Roberts
Gagai

He probably changes his mind.

So will Thompson be fullback come round 1?

If tigers are SERIOUSLY after a fullback and a fullback only (Not utility) but want to save money for a NAME winger or centre then they really should go after edwards or aetkins only. Both off contract 2020 both gunning for the same spot in the same team. They rate VERY highly on the VFM ranks

Catching is not one of Edwards’ strengths. Pace is also not a strength.

I’m afraid another dud or to give him a rap - “a plodder”

1 Douhei
2 Nofoluma
3 Mbye
4 Momorovski
5 Talau

@supercoach said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

People say 500g is crazy money, for a starting no6 or no1 it’s about what you can expect to pay. We need a no1 for this year and we need a no6 in 2021. Be crazy not to have a crack at him, there is a ton of upside about this kid

Better than Lomax.

@Lidcombe_Magpie1 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

A bit of topic but

Just an update on the Centre of Excellence:

Wests Tiger and West Harbour Pirates have been asked to vacate Concord by the 3rd week of February which I’m assuming means that demolition will start in March. Both clubs will be located in demountable’s behind the old eastern stand over the canal at Concord.
I believe that the Tigers will probably train at St Lukes North, the oval has just been reseeded to get to NRL standard (not sure what that is) and the Pirates will be at St Lukes 2 and 3 sharing with the Tigers lower grades.
Schedules for construction of the CoE are still a little grey but my sources are telling me that it may not be available until after the 2022 pre season. But I am assuming the oval itself maybe accessible before that.

Training in little better than an A grade teams home ground for the next 3 years… No worries

Probably cost us Latrell

Not sure if Been mentioned some gibberer on radio yesterday reckons Corey thompson to Penrith

@Tigerstar said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

No to Gagai. I’d take AJ a million times over before Gagai.

@2005magic said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Cultured_Bogan said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Red88_Tiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Conspiracy theory - I keep wondering why roosters were so keen to gift us a fullback.
Only thing I can come up with is Tedesco is approachable nov this year.

No way Tedesco will ever come back. He’s won two premierships in two years at the club he loved as a kid and has everything paid for him. As long as he’s fit Uncle Nick will sure he’ll stay.

He’s gone and will stay gone.

The one I’d like to see us make a play for is Suli.

Do McDonald’s vouchers count on the cap

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.