Signing Suggestions & Rumours

@Demps said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Titans confirmed that Souths offered them a winger.
Didn’t mention who.

Gagai or AJ you would assume

Probably Gagai. Huge biscuits and not living up to the price tag.

@Tigerstar said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

How about we take Douhie on full wage if south’s give us Gagai for Packer in a straight swap

Nobody wants Gagai except Queensland - a club plodder.

Tigers want Packer though.

@Demps said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

1 Douhei
2 Nofoluma
3 Mbye
4 Momorovski
5 Talau

1 Douhei
2 Nofoluma
3 Talau /Mbye to hooker ?
4 Momorovski
5 Johnston

last edited by Cairnstigers

@Russell said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Tigerstar said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

How about we take Douhie on full wage if south’s give us Gagai for Packer in a straight swap

Nobody wants Gagai except Queensland - a club plodder.

Tigers want Packer though.

Righto, I’m gonna put it out there:

Packer to have a huge year for Tigers, leading a young pack with aggression and intimidation.

last edited by Tiger_Steve

@pawsandclaws1 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@avocadoontoast said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@pawsandclaws1 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@wokesmoke said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@tigerballs said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@tigerballs said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

News is AJ wants to see out his contract with Souths and is determined to stay put. Let’s see how that works out for him. On the other hand Marwene Hiroti is very keen. He’s on a train and trial with the Sharks but his preference is the Tigers, most likely more opportunities.

Wheee did you see that?

A source at Souths

That’s a shame and surprising. With us has the chance to play fullback and get good money. There’s a chance with Souths he doesn’t make first grade. Weird.

He might stick it out til June. But when he’s In reggies behind

Mitchell
Graham
Burns
Roberts
Gagai

He probably changes his mind.

So will Thompson be fullback come round 1?

If tigers are SERIOUSLY after a fullback and a fullback only (Not utility) but want to save money for a NAME winger or centre then they really should go after edwards or aetkins only. Both off contract 2020 both gunning for the same spot in the same team. They rate VERY highly on the VFM ranks

Catching is not one of Edwards’ strengths. Pace is also not a strength.

Catching definitely not but I thought Edwards was quick?

No he lacks pace and is more of a strong runner.

He would have go get rid of those tight shorts …

1. Douhei to be a star, Mitchell to be a fatty who loses interest in footy.

Centre (in order)
BJ leluia

Can see him with another club before R1. Stayed back in Canberra whilst the rest of the squad is doing preseason in Qld…

last edited by WT2K

@TillLindemann said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

1. Douhei to be a star, Mitchell to be a fatty who loses interest in footy.

I’d enjoy seeing that!!!

@WT2K said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Centre (in order)
BJ leluia

Can see him with another club before R1. Stayed back in Canberra whilst the rest of the squad is doing preseason in Qld…

Is there a plausible reason for this? Injured?

@Tiger_Steve said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Centre (in order)
BJ leluia

From Raiders forum… as poster says, doesn’t add up.

The whole BJ is staying in Canberra away from the team and our training camp to get some work in his legs makes absolutely zero sense

@Tiger_Steve said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Centre (in order)
BJ leluia

From Raiders forum… as poster says, doesn’t add up.

The whole BJ is staying in Canberra away from the team and our training camp to get some work in his legs makes absolutely zero sense

Cheers. Unless injured, sounds weird

I hope we sign Doueihi
I think a lot of people on here under rate him
He was fantastic at the end of last year
He is still only 21 years old 190cm tall
Keep in mind when Tededco joined the Roosters he was 25 years old so Doueihi still has 4 years of improvement in him

An extract below for you all to read

Chris KennedyNRL.com ReporterTimestampMon 23 Sep 2019, 12:29 PM

Rabbitohs fullback Adam Doueihi says a return to fullback boosted not only his performance in Friday’s win over Manly but the side as a whole.
Following the Rabbitohs’ 30-6 loss to the Roosters in week one of the finals, South Sydney coach Wayne Bennett admitted his decision to move Doueihi to the wing and Alex Johnston into the No.1 jersey had backfired.

Both reverted into more familiar roles against the Sea Eagles, a move which saw Doueihi return to his electric best.

A series of hard-running kick returns and half breaks were followed by him repeatedly defusing Manly kicks before eventually being forced off early by a head knock and missing the last 22 minutes of the match

“I’m feeling very confident at fullback and I guess the more games I play there the more confident I feel so I’m happy playing fullback. No more wing for me.”

Spending the week at training back at fullback helped the confidence return and he aimed to get some early carries to get into the game early on.

“I was really confident under the high ball and attacking the ball. I was pleased with my first half, second half still room for improvement but just happy to get the win,” he added.

"With the make-up of the team at the moment, I fit in there best at the moment. Where they see me I’m still not sure but I feel really confident there.

He’s the man we need at fullback
Confidence is a big thing and he carries that

I will call it now
If he signs with us he will be our player of the year baring injuries

@ElleryHanley said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

The Sydney Morning Herald

By Christian Nicolussi
January 15, 2020 — 7.06pm
Adam Doueihi is weighing up his immediate future after South Sydney coach Wayne Bennett told him he is free to chase a starting fullback position elsewhere after making it clear Latrell Mitchell will get first crack at the club’s No.1 jersey.

Bennett admires Doueihi and is happy for him to see out the remaining two years of his deal, but also informed him on Wednesday he would not block any early release from Redfern.

Only two days earlier Bennett said he faced some “hard decisions” about how to squeeze the likes of Doueuhi into a back line that now features Mitchell, Campbell Graham, Braidon Burns, Dane Gagai and James Roberts.

Doueihi was given his NRL debut by Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire and is a Balmain junior. The Tigers also need a starting fullback and have well north of $600,000 still in their salary cap for this season, but have so far baulked at Doueihi’s price tag, given his current deal is heavily back-ended.

The Herald understands Doueihi stands to collect about $500,000 this year and even more in 2021. Souths do not have to move on any players to be salary cap compliant and it remains to be seen if they will pick up any of Doueihi’s tab should he leave.

Adam Doueihi could be the man to make way after Latrell Mitchell’s arrival at South Sydney.
Adam Doueihi could be the man to make way after Latrell Mitchell’s arrival at South Sydney.

Photo: AAP
Tigers boss Justin Pascoe told the Herald on Tuesday: “Having cap space at this time of year allows us the opportunity to be strategic and leverage off other clubs who might have challenges with their ca space.”

Bennett took one look at Mitchell train on Tuesday and was clearly convinced his star recruit would more than make the successful transition to fullback in just eight weeks.

Doueihi was initially told by Bennett he would be playing five-eighth, only for Cody Walker to sign a two-year extension in December. He was then informed by the supercoach he would be the starting fullback, only for Souths to the sign Mitchell.

“Some of the boys here have played some great football for us, but the end result is we couldn’t walk past the opportunity to take Latrell,” Bennett said on Monday. “This club is about success. We want to have the best team we possibly can here and we believe he [Mitchell] is going to add to what we already have.”

New recruit Latrell Mitchell shakes hands with Souths coach Wayne Bennett on Monday.
New recruit Latrell Mitchell shakes hands with Souths coach Wayne Bennett on Monday.

Doueihi’s best hope is securing a utility role off the bench, which he could easily do given his ability to play anywhere in the back line. A tall playmaker who impressed at fullback towards the end of last season, Doueihi would even start a few games during the Origin period with Dane Gagai a Queensland regular and Cody Walker and Mitchell a chance to earn a NSW Blues recall.

Such is the depth in the outside backs at Souths that it was easy to forget Bryson Goodwin had also returned to the club on a one-year deal.

Before he made his NRL debut under Maguire at Souths in 2018, Doueihi spoke glowingly about the coach and said: “Madge was pretty keen on me and he was probably the main reason why I did come here.”

The Tigers have three spots to fill on their roster, including two before the start of the season. They remain hopeful Parramatta will release teen prop Stefano Utoikamanu, who they have already signed from 2021.

Souths continue to hold out hope they can land their own front-rower, Jai Arrow, a year early from the Gold Coast. Should they land Arrow, the foundation club will be among the favourits to take the NRL title.

The Titans are open to granting Arrow an early release, but only if it is worth their while.

Thanks for posting that, hopefully we get him.

How the hell is he on 500 000 though!!!

Souths can chip in some if he comes to us.

500k for Doueihi is nuts. That is really poor cap management and they get Latrell and Arrow ? For that amount of money he is better at Souths.

Ok , this is the player we should have been chasing the whole time . I get the LM stuff , but I never felt confident he wasn’t coming here for anything but money. This kids our junior , has the skills to play in the halves . Always finds his front ( I’m not a statistician , but I’d be absolutely gobsmacked , if there isn’t some secret sauce to this attribute) and is light on his feet . If this is the one . Then that’s a quality off season tigers .

This post is deleted!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.