Signing Suggestions & Rumours

@851 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@avocadoontoast said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

I don’t really care if they buy Addo Carr. Their recruitment has been ordinary, huge money spent on underperforming backs without a decent forward pack. And they’ve paid big money for Arrow who will add nothing. Reynolds is hopeless and Cook isn’t the player he was.

I give us a huge chance against souths. I don’t think they’re any good.

I agree about Arrow, why buy a 13 for $800k when you have a good 13 on $800k, dumb recruitment

Yeah I’m sure they’ll still get use out of Arrow but if he’s worth big money it’s as a lock playing ~70 minutes a game. Murray isn’t as effective on an edge (they’ve tried it before) so I imagine he’ll stay lock and Arrow will end up being a 50-60 minute prop. Still useful, but he’s not worth anywhere near $800K as a prop. Few are. Haas definitely. Klemmer probably is. Papalii maybe. Fonua-Blake is a game breaker but I wouldn’t pay him $800K…all those guys offer much bigger impact than Arrow and can punch out big minutes when needed (Haas and Klemmer regularly do).

@JoshColeman99 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@pawsandclaws1 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@hobbo1 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Cultured_Bogan said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@supercoach said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Also if Souths are really shopping Alex J around at the end of the season, I guess it means the Fox is heading to theBunnies. I was told Alex J was getting basically full back money at Souths in excess of 400g, so I doubt he would be cheap. I think a front rower and a no6
should be our priority

AJ is being forced out of utopia presumably because Souths need to pay for forwards. No one will take Gagai who is on a very generous contract… The question is, will Uncle Madge show AJ the love?

Yeah he’s being forced out due to salary cap he said. Latrell is getting a big upgrade, Arrow is coming on big money, Walker, Murray, Cook, Gagai, Reynolds all presumably on good money too. They might not be able to sign JAC at all.

A rumour elsewhere is another trendsetter (middle forward - the lingo these days) wants out of his current club to join utopia.

Who’s that?

The rumour is Lawrie.

Blake Laurie ?

That’s him. Sorry for the typo,

No typo, you were right, it is spelt Lawrie

I feel a bit sorry for McGregor if true.

So Lawrie wants to come here? Or just anywhere. Solid player but nothing special

He’s not as good as Eisenhuth (last 2 games have been ok) and that is saying something.

@Russell said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Cultured_Bogan said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@supercoach said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Also if Souths are really shopping Alex J around at the end of the season, I guess it means the Fox is heading to theBunnies. I was told Alex J was getting basically full back money at Souths in excess of 400g, so I doubt he would be cheap. I think a front rower and a no6
should be our priority

AJ is being forced out of utopia presumably because Souths need to pay for forwards. No one will take Gagai who is on a very generous contract… The question is, will Uncle Madge show AJ the love?

Yeah he’s being forced out due to salary cap he said. Latrell is getting a big upgrade, Arrow is coming on big money, Walker, Murray, Cook, Gagai, Reynolds all presumably on good money too. They might not be able to sign JAC at all.

A rumour elsewhere is another trendsetter (middle forward - the lingo these days) wants out of his current club to join utopia.

Who’s that?

The rumour is Lawrie.

Blake Laurie ?

That’s him. Sorry for the typo,

No typo, you were right, it is spelt Lawrie

I feel a bit sorry for McGregor if true.

So Lawrie wants to come here? Or just anywhere. Solid player but nothing special

He’s not as good as Eisenhuth (last 2 games have been ok) and that is saying something.

Lawrie to the Bunnies is rumoured. We don’t need him.

@avocadoontoast said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@TrueTiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Geo said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Forget these Nuffie’s Plodders and has been never will be’s and back to Grant…

If Storm kept Momirovski and added Talau and we kept Grant what would people think…

It will feel like a death in the family if Grant goes back which he inevitably will
Bellamy ain’t stupid .

Your right Hobs but why do we have to give Melb 2 players for Harry,he is what we have needed and although he has been spectacular so far for us,how do we know Tom T wont be as spectacular when he finds his place in the NRL,either on the wing or in the centres…
it was a one for one swap,we have to find a way of buying Grant rather than giving up talent…if Harry got injured we have to hope Liddle or Simpkin make it in the team and serve us just like Harry has,our up and comers like Hoffman and Bradley still have to prove themselves at NRL level,Tom T is doing rather well on his way to an NRL career…

We know Grant is spectacular and will only get better. He’s the sort of player you can build a team around for 5-10 years. Talau looks to be talented but the jury is out as to how good he could be. And we know Momorovski is not spectacular.

I guess what i’m saying is that replacing Talau is a lot easier than replacing Grant. One of the best hookers in the comp at 22 and a large reason why we’re in 6th.

I think we have two gems, one just needs more luck. The other I have very high hopes for. We are lucky to have Grant for this season.

I love what Grant delivers. And will be sad to see him return down south. But I’m pretty sure he will go back.
In Liddell and Simpkins we are lucky to have two very skilled players under contract and I think they will do very well.
From what I have seen to date Simpkins will be the player to takes us forward long term.

I think we need to put a massive carrot in front of Grant to show him he would be a valued piece of our team for the future. I mean over 700k a season for which Storm will struggle to match and may be willing to let him go regardless or even consider a player swap. This guy is the real deal and we need to do everything in our power to make it happen and the number 1 thing is winning games this year and making finals. It will be harder to leave if we make finals and our roster is getting better plus the fact Belly will finish up with storm end of next year.

Why not give the storm Simpkins(?)
Suits them to give cam another yr or so.
Would it be worth it? I haven’t seen the kid play, but we as a club know all about potential.

@Pyjamaztehboss said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Why not give the storm Simpkins(?)
Suits them to give cam another yr or so.
Would it be worth it? I haven’t seen the kid play, but we as a club know all about potential.

As I recall Maguire had quite a lot to do with his signing. He is only young so I would imagine his parents have entrusted their son’s well-being with WTs and Maguire. Finally I believe Simpkins may turn out to be the diamond.

I wouldn’t say no to a Brent Naden … His not even in the 17 this week for panthers and think he would kill it here. Does anyone know his contract situation ?

@hsvjones said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

I wouldn’t say no to a Brent Naden … His not even in the 17 this week for panthers and think he would kill it here. Does anyone know his contract situation ?

Contracted until the end of 2021

https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/players/brent-naden/

@Sart0ri said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@hsvjones said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Contracted until the end of 2021

https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/players/brent-naden/

Thanks Mate…
He is only 24 and is very hard to handle with speed and aggression… I would like to see us look into him coming over.

Momirovski named at centre again for storm. Stefano 18th man for Eels.

Apparently we ARENT interested in signing Johnston. Not sure how legit it is but if true Madge must have a plan, he’s a quality player to pass up.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.theaustralian.com.au/news/latest-news/nrl-2020-shattered-souths-players-on-johnston-departure/news-story/d36db9e5a7f27bcedd2648ba39f32ca6

Momirovski named at centre again for storm. Stefano 18th man for Eels.

Slimers play Stefano already 😡

ive had him in my fantasy emergency since the start of the season lol

All of these scenarios re keeping Harry are irrelevant , he is CONTRACTED to the Storm from next year and seriously doubt that they would release him no matter how many players we give them, Liddle is due some luck and Simpkin has big wraps on him so life after Harry is not all doom and gloom.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.