Signing Suggestions & Rumours

We need to go and find some players who have seen what success looks like and aren’t in the twilight of their careers. Basically the WT version of a unicorn.

@pawsandclaws1 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@The_Patriot said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Sign a real half/ 5/8.

If you don’t understand I why we just lost you have no idea.

It’s all about leadership.

Benji can retire. Walters can bench , Brooks can dream on.

Sign a real leader.

We got rolled in the forwards. Curious selection from Maguire to leave Clark out. We needed him, he is much underrated.

Clark played paws?

While there is a lot of focus on our halves, we really need a strike player.

Someone like RTS, Ponga etc who can create plays, or create space for others as well as make big plays themselves. That has been seriously lacking since Teddy jumped ship

Kyle Flanagan needs to be offered the 7 for 2022 season (can talk in November) goal kicking wiz

Albert Hopoate should be targeted as a fullback prospect, no way he’s getting past Turbo and the kid has talent plus pace and X factor - unfortunately nothing in the market, defs worth a chance

Doueihi is a centre… before anyone says anything about that

last edited by teddy23

@teddy23 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Kyle Flanagan needs to be offered the 7 for 2022 season (can talk in November) goal kicking wiz

Albert Hopoate should be targeted as a fullback prospect, no way he’s getting past Turbo and the kid has talent plus pace and X factor - unfortunately nothing in the market, defs worth a chance

In terms of forwards - I think we’re fine… tonight effort was poor however I think that was more allowing the Warriors players to get offloads away and 2nd phase plays which gave them the edge, in terms of talent in our pack we have it

1. Albert Hopoate

2. David Nofoaluma

3. BJ Leiluia

4. Adam Doueihi

5. Tommy Talau

6. Luke Brooks

7. Kyle Flanagan

8. Josh Alioia

9. Grant/Liddle/Simpkin

10. Russell Packer

11. Shawn Blore

12. Luciano Leiluia

13. Alex Twal

14. Thomas Mikaele

15. Matt Esienshuth

16. Stefano Utoikamanu

17. Sam McIntyre

Mbye and Reynolds - GONE

You really think Flanagan will leave the Roosters and play with this lot?

Tedesco, Woods, Moses are walking advertisements of how you progress your career by not playing at the tigers.

@weststigerman said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

In terms of forwards - I think we’re fine… tonight effort was poor however I think that was more allowing the Warriors players to get offloads away and 2nd phase plays which gave them the edge, in terms of talent in our pack we have it

1. Albert Hopoate

2. David Nofoaluma

3. BJ Leiluia

4. Adam Doueihi

5. Tommy Talau

6. Luke Brooks

7. Kyle Flanagan

8. Josh Alioia

9. Grant/Liddle/Simpkin

10. Russell Packer

11. Shawn Blore

12. Luciano Leiluia

13. Alex Twal

14. Thomas Mikaele

15. Matt Esienshuth

16. Stefano Utoikamanu

17. Sam McIntyre

Mbye and Reynolds - GONE

You really think Flanagan will leave the Roosters and play with this lot?

Tedesco, Woods, Moses are walking advertisements of how you progress your career by not playing at the tigers.

The option of staying won’t be there when he’s off contract as they have Sam Walker coming through the ranks

Goal kicking whizz 61.3%…?

Realistic Player Signings we should go after for 2021.

*Jackson Hastings - as our 5/8 his crafty/tenacious and aggressive which I think would complement nicely with Brooks…Both have 2 very distinct styles of play which makes for a great balance.

*James Tamou - experience in the forwards, I think his done wonders with the young forwards at Penrith

*Josh Ado Carr - that’s simple we need speed

*Alex Johnson - I think his proven what he can offer

• Tautau Moga - could be anything if he stayed injury free

*Suliasi Vunivalu - Is Rugby Union even a thing anymore? Would be a handy pickup if his cross code venture falls through.

• Thomas Fledger - would be a great addition if we could get him to break his contract with the Broncos

And the only WestsTigers Player coming off contract I’d resign would Sam McIntyre.

@Tigerlily said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Realistic Player Signings we should go after for 2021.

*Jackson Hastings - as our 5/8 his crafty/tenacious and aggressive which I think would complement nicely with Brooks…Both have 2 very distinct styles of play which makes for a great balance.

*James Tamou - experience in the forwards, I think his done wonders with the young forwards at Penrith

*Josh Ado Carr - that’s simple we need speed

*Alex Johnson - I think his proven what he can offer

• Tautau Moga - could be anything if he stayed injury free

*Suliasi Vunivalu - Is Rugby Union even a thing anymore? Would be a handy pickup if his cross code venture falls through.

• Thomas Fledger - would be a great addition if we could get him to break his contract with the Broncos

And the only WestsTigers Player coming off contract I’d resign would Sam McIntyre.

Can’t argue. Id give Hastings a go. He was looking the goods until his immaturity got the better of him. Let’s face it, no one of any real talent is going to look at us. No Ponga, no Roosters players, no storm players.

@Geo said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Goal kicking whizz 61.3%…?

So you wouldn’t take him?

Stick to Mbye you reckon?

We need a halfback. Brooks a running 5/8. Don’t think there are many options in NRL off contract. Maybe Cade Cust.

Are there any organising halves in the UK worth a shot? Sezer, Jake Trueman? Raiders found a good one.

last edited by Chainlink

@Chainlink said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

We need a halfback. Brooks a running 5/8. Don’t think there are many options in NRL off contract. Maybe Cade Cust.

Are there any organising halves in the UK worth a shot? Sezer, Jake Trueman? Raiders found a good one.

Cust re-signed with Manly

@willow said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Chainlink said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Cust re-signed with Manly

Yep he did. Ironic the week he gets signed he is omitted from the 19 man squad. Hard to work out where he thinks his future is there at Manly.

Wouldn’t mind us chasing Tristan Sailor as our 1

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.