Signing Suggestions & Rumours

@pawsandclaws1 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@teddy23 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

With rumours Foran may go to Newcastle

Kurt Mann has really turned into a quality 6, I would be trying to acquire his services if that occurs

If he is so great, why the need for Foran? We don’t need more average. Be patient and wait for our next half from the juniors.

After 9 years of no finals Paws I think patience from many fans has run out. I know I’ve just about had enough.

@avocadoontoast said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Kurt Mann has really turned into a quality 6, I would be trying to acquire his services if that occurs

If he is so great, why the need for Foran? We don’t need more average. Be patient and wait for our next half from the juniors.

After 9 years of no finals Paws I think patience from many fans has run out. I know I’ve just about had enough.

I believe we will improve rapidly with an influx of good young players either from the juniors or recruited from other clubs on the periphery of the NRL. This is where Magiure and his team can have the most noticeable impact.

last edited by pawsandclaws1

Not questioning whether you’ve watched him play this year but he has been absolutely fantastic for them as a running 5/8

Last week they put him at 9 after McCgullogh and Watson went down and he made 53 tackles 0 missed - goes to show his versatility as well

The kids a pure footballer imo and wouldn’t cost too much - just a suggestion if we miss out on Foran to knights

last edited by teddy23

I consider myself fairly patient but waiting for top juniors to magically appear is beyond that.

Need a titans approach. Offer 700k to land JAC, he’s not worth more than 500k but we need some rep quality players with a winning culture and he’s the only one available.

Yeah I’m sorry teddy23, but BE PATIENT or WE NEED TO HAVE PATIENCE are not a phrases that should be used in this forum anymore, ever!

If we need new halves then Jackson Hastings and Aidan Sezer are my 2 preferred for next yr. Im hapoy with Douehi at FB

Pretty clear we need better halves.

I’m on the Aiden Sezer train. Foran would be a good signing for the right price too. Benji Reynolds and Walters aren’t it. Brooks has shown he can play good but has been rubbish this season. 4 halves and 0 are stepping up.

@weststigerman said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

I consider myself fairly patient but waiting for top juniors to magically appear is beyond that.

Need a titans approach. Offer 700k to land JAC, he’s not worth more than 500k but we need some rep quality players with a winning culture and he’s the only one available.

The titans didn’t just throw paint against the wall.
As I said in another post, they planned their whole recruitment strategy to make It more comfortable for Fifta to change clubs.
The extra money was got them over the line but having Brimson, Boyd, Fotuaika, whom he played his juniors with and recruiting Tino and EseEse beforehand was all about softening the cushions on the lounge chair.

We on the other hand.
Went aggressively for Latrell Mitchell to be a similar type signing, offering similar type money.
But he was hoping to try a new position at fullback and to go to a club as a marquee that is improving but in no means a contender, to play alongside a current backline of Thompson, Mbye, Nofa, and ? (Released Masters).

You compare that to the Rabbitohs approach whose best backline is probably.
Johnson
Gagai
Roberts
Burns/Campbell Graham.

We were never in the race.

To say let’s throw $700 k to Ado Car is really not understanding our problems…

@Spud_Murphy said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Yeah I’m sorry teddy23, but BE PATIENT or WE NEED TO HAVE PATIENCE are not a phrases that should be used in this forum anymore, ever!

There’s a young kid playing for Leichhardt Wanderers we’ve got our eye on. Good step. Nice pass. Under 9’s I think.

@Tiger_Steve said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

There’s a young kid playing for Leichhardt Wanderers we’ve got our eye on. Good step. Nice pass. Under 9’s I think.

Good kicker too.

@WT2K said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Good kicker too.

He doesn’t miss from in front apparently

Good kicker too.

Kyle Flanagan just did…

This has been posted before, but as I wrote earlier we need to let the system work . Siza, pace , step, kicking game and kicks goals. The other option is Sezer or Foran. Foran was good prior to him being busted. SeZer doesn’t have that excuse.

last edited by pawsandclaws1

@Geo said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Good kicker too.

Kyle Flanagan just did…

I could be hammered by stats because I haven’t checked but I’d say Flanagan would be a better kicking option than Mbye. Missing the odd easy one is human; missing a season’s worth is not acceptable really

Not waiting 2 more years

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.