Signing Suggestions & Rumours

Do we actually have any money for next year to buy some experienced players ? We clearly are in need of some hard nose forwards / 2nd rowers to guide all these young ones around the park… I have been saying it for a while now but a player like wade graham would be perfect.
Surely something has to happen soon… Where is the POM when we need him as its been a tough 24 hours

We do not need that many signings these contracted players for 2021 should be getting close to the semi’s
Mbye
Nofoaluma
Leilua
Douiehi
Talau
Reynolds
Brooks
Twal
Leilua
Garner
Packer
Liddle
Musgrove
Bench
McIntyre
Blore
Aloiai
Mikaele
Reserves
Kepaoa
Walters
Chee Kam
Uoutikamanu

That squad should be getting close to the top 8

@pawsandclaws1 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@kiwitiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Needaname said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Tiger_Steve said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Spud_Murphy said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@avocadoontoast said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@teddy23 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

With rumours Foran may go to Newcastle

Kurt Mann has really turned into a quality 6, I would be trying to acquire his services if that occurs

If he is so great, why the need for Foran? We don’t need more average. Be patient and wait for our next half from the juniors.

After 9 years of no finals Paws I think patience from many fans has run out. I know I’ve just about had enough.

Yeah I’m sorry teddy23, but BE PATIENT or WE NEED TO HAVE PATIENCE are not a phrases that should be used in this forum anymore, ever!

There’s a young kid playing for Leichhardt Wanderers we’ve got our eye on. Good step. Nice pass. Under 9’s I think.

This has been posted before, but as I wrote earlier we need to let the system work . Siza, pace , step, kicking game and kicks goals. The other option is Sezer or Foran. Foran was good prior to him being busted. SeZer doesn’t have that excuse.

Well if we are fair dinkum about him, he is a left footer so he will play on the left.
Since we’ve bought Madden and I’ve seen him play I just don’t see him playing alongside Brooks.
The fact is if he does a better job than Brooks does at Halfback, you replace him.
The question is pose for you is,
Who do you foil Camroux with?
Will Madden and him be a good combination? Or does the club sign an experienced half to play alongside.
Noticed he also played fullback.
Probably would be a more speedier option than Doueihi and Doueihi could play five eight on the left.

Our issue is with forwards. You could have Sterling and Kenny playing last night and there would be not much difference.

Seer and. Hastings! Please we’re really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I didn’t mention Sezer or Hastings.

I did genuinely ask who you would pair him with when the time comes.

Apologies, another poster. I am hoping Brooks,Madden and the young Aust Schools 5/8 in u20s are all at WTs. There is lots f talent, we just need to wait.

How long for? 2 years? 5 years? What if they don’t kick on when they make grade? Just wait for the next batch? Seems like the last 20 years really just hope things change for the better.

Our junior recruitment has been very good recently. Talau and Blore are in the NRL now, more to come. Woods, Moses Tedesco and Brooks were our juniors so we have a good conversion rate.

As were Lawrence and Nofoaluma

Kurt Mann has really turned into a quality 6, I would be trying to acquire his services if that occurs

If he is so great, why the need for Foran? We don’t need more average. Be patient and wait for our next half from the juniors.

After 9 years of no finals Paws I think patience from many fans has run out. I know I’ve just about had enough.

Yeah I’m sorry teddy23, but BE PATIENT or WE NEED TO HAVE PATIENCE are not a phrases that should be used in this forum anymore, ever!

There’s a young kid playing for Leichhardt Wanderers we’ve got our eye on. Good step. Nice pass. Under 9’s I think.

This has been posted before, but as I wrote earlier we need to let the system work . Siza, pace , step, kicking game and kicks goals. The other option is Sezer or Foran. Foran was good prior to him being busted. SeZer doesn’t have that excuse.

Well if we are fair dinkum about him, he is a left footer so he will play on the left.
Since we’ve bought Madden and I’ve seen him play I just don’t see him playing alongside Brooks.
The fact is if he does a better job than Brooks does at Halfback, you replace him.
The question is pose for you is,
Who do you foil Camroux with?
Will Madden and him be a good combination? Or does the club sign an experienced half to play alongside.
Noticed he also played fullback.
Probably would be a more speedier option than Doueihi and Doueihi could play five eight on the left.

He looks good but you’d think he’d be on a development contract before getting a look at first grade.

I’d play Simpkin next week.

No cust for manly tonight

@GNR4LIFE said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Man Utd sign players at 8 years old. Why can’t we?

Seriously??

@GNR4LIFE said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Man Utd sign players at 8 years old. Why can’t we?

Seriously??

Well I’m not sure that young, but I have definitely heard of EPL clubs signing 11 and 12 year olds. I remember there was a lot of fanfare around Demps old mate Luke Burt when he was a teenager. Pretty sure Parra signed him when he was 13 or 14, and remember him being on on the Footy Show around the same time.

last edited by GNR4LIFE

@Elderslie_Tiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Where is Brad Abbey???

Was never signed to the top 30 so probably at home on Playstation or something.

@bptiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

I think the best option we have is try and get Meaney from the dogs , he is a good goal kicker and can play fullback and wing . The dogs have heaps of backs so maybe they will need to off load someone .

Wanted him instead of Mbye in the first place.

@TigerLouis said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

We do not need that many signings these contracted players for 2021 should be getting close to the semi’s
Mbye
Nofoaluma
Leilua
Douiehi
Talau
Reynolds
Brooks
Twal
Leilua
Garner
Packer
Liddle
Musgrove
Bench
McIntyre
Blore
Aloiai
Mikaele
Reserves
Kepaoa
Walters
Chee Kam
Uoutikamanu

That squad should be getting close to the top 8

Isn’t this same squad that cannot get into the eight this year,but yer we don’t need much

Camroux has decent size and speed and is a goal kicking 5/8. What’s not to like? He’s on a development contract next season, as is Rizk is my understanding.

Foran for 300k on a one year or 250k for 2 years and have benji retire is acceptable. Wouldn’t pay more than that, body is too risky

@balmain-boy said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Camroux has decent size and speed and is a goal kicking 5/8. What’s not to like? He’s on a development contract next season, as is Rizk is my understanding.

Foran for 300k on a one year or 250k for 2 years and have benji retire is acceptable. Wouldn’t pay more than that, body is too risky

He turned down $400k at Canterbury, he is not coming for less than that.

@fibrodreaming said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@851 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Foran rejects Dogs offer, knights and Tigers chasing him, knights favoured to sign him

Just what we need - another 5/8.

Marshall will retire and hopefully we can move Reynolds on somewhere.

It says the Knights are favoured so don’t even worry about it. I don’t think we’ve ever beaten another team to a signing in a two horse race 😂

Foran and Pearce will make a great combo.

Barry Toohey (journalist generally in the know about Knights stuff) saying Foran to Knights rumours are rubbish.

@Harvey said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@balmain-boy said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

He turned down $400k at Canterbury, he is not coming for less than that.

Dogs didn’t offer him 400k though. That was media talk.

And knights would have zero interest in him they have an experienced half in pearce, and youngsters like ponga, Mann, Watson, crossland and even Hoy. Why would they pay for a has been? More bs media talk

I’m wondering why we passed on Tristan Sailor loan deal for the roosters player if the rumours are correct? I haven’t seen much of Sailor play, but he looks like he has a bit of spark and has been in and out of the first grade side. Is there something wrong with Sailor? Or is the rooster player supposed to be talent?

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme