@Russell said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

72.7% actually

Nicely cherry picked stats @Russell

2018 - 82.91% 97/117
2019 - 79.1% 53/67
2020 - 72.73% 16/22

Overall - 80.58%

last edited by Sart0ri

Raid ESL and get Sezer and Rhyse Martin back for next year- accurate goal kicking work horse back rower and a pretty good halfback capable of kicking goals too. Would give us coverage for a couple of years whilst the younguns develop a bit more. We could even try to do a swap deal with Sezer and Brooks and see if a season or two in ESL helps him develop his game.

Edit- Could also look at a former WT player that has matured over in ESL as a halfback- Jacob Miller.

last edited by 2005magic

@boonboon said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

If we need new halves then Jackson Hastings and Aidan Sezer are my 2 preferred for next yr. Im hapoy with Douehi at FB

Wouldn’t take Hastings for a bet - the guy is a scumbag.

Sezer on short term (1 year maybe 2 at the most).

OR Forun, obviously short term.

There is no one else with the brainpower on the market, this year or next unless we are able to break contracts.

Sezer also solves a GK problem. Next year, Marshall, Reynolds and Walters are not the answer.

How is Hastings a scumbag, do know him personally?..What because he ruffled Daly Cherry-Evans feathers at Manly?..Daly has made a reputation himself for not having the most likeable of personalities just ask his own team mates past and present…So, I think you’ll find Hastings was the scapegoat on that one…

From all accounts Hastings has done a complete 360 whilst over in England, has held himself accountable and taken ownership of his personal issues and is evolving into the talented player the Roosters originally obtained him for.

I personally think he would be a great acquisition to the Weststigers.

@pawsandclaws1 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Needaname said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Tiger_Steve said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Spud_Murphy said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@avocadoontoast said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@teddy23 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

With rumours Foran may go to Newcastle

Kurt Mann has really turned into a quality 6, I would be trying to acquire his services if that occurs

If he is so great, why the need for Foran? We don’t need more average. Be patient and wait for our next half from the juniors.

After 9 years of no finals Paws I think patience from many fans has run out. I know I’ve just about had enough.

Yeah I’m sorry teddy23, but BE PATIENT or WE NEED TO HAVE PATIENCE are not a phrases that should be used in this forum anymore, ever!

There’s a young kid playing for Leichhardt Wanderers we’ve got our eye on. Good step. Nice pass. Under 9’s I think.

This has been posted before, but as I wrote earlier we need to let the system work . Siza, pace , step, kicking game and kicks goals. The other option is Sezer or Foran. Foran was good prior to him being busted. SeZer doesn’t have that excuse.

Well if we are fair dinkum about him, he is a left footer so he will play on the left.
Since we’ve bought Madden and I’ve seen him play I just don’t see him playing alongside Brooks.
The fact is if he does a better job than Brooks does at Halfback, you replace him.
The question is pose for you is,
Who do you foil Camroux with?
Will Madden and him be a good combination? Or does the club sign an experienced half to play alongside.
Noticed he also played fullback.
Probably would be a more speedier option than Doueihi and Doueihi could play five eight on the left.

Our issue is with forwards. You could have Sterling and Kenny playing last night and there would be not much difference.

Seer and. Hastings! Please we’re really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I didn’t mention Sezer or Hastings.

I did genuinely ask who you would pthere is a reason Martin and Sezer are in the UKair him with when the time comes.

Apologies, another poster. I am hoping Brooks,Madden and the young Aust Schools 5/8 in u20s are all at WTs. There is lots f talent, we just need to wait.

I agree, but we need a fix now while we are waiting.

Do you just forfeit for two years whilst we wait.

There is a reason Martin and Sezer are in the UK. I would rather our ISP filled with genuine NRL potential.

@Rowdy12 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Kurt Mann has really turned into a quality 6, I would be trying to acquire his services if that occurs

If he is so great, why the need for Foran? We don’t need more average. Be patient and wait for our next half from the juniors.

After 9 years of no finals Paws I think patience from many fans has run out. I know I’ve just about had enough.

Yeah I’m sorry teddy23, but BE PATIENT or WE NEED TO HAVE PATIENCE are not a phrases that should be used in this forum anymore, ever!

There’s a young kid playing for Leichhardt Wanderers we’ve got our eye on. Good step. Nice pass. Under 9’s I think.

This has been posted before, but as I wrote earlier we need to let the system work . Siza, pace , step, kicking game and kicks goals. The other option is Sezer or Foran. Foran was good prior to him being busted. SeZer doesn’t have that excuse.

Does anyone know who the fullback he sets up in the first few clips is? Moves exactly like Papenhuyzen, it’s not his brother is it?

Likely to be Flynn angles - Cork or Rizk. Weren’t too many clips featuring a fullback though.

The covid19 shut down is really killing us. We are relying on our young talent coming through and had established a good crop for the first time in years. Having the Nswrl panicking into shutting the comp down immediately means the players who should be pushing for first grade spots next season aren’t. And will likely have to wait an extra year before getting their chance.

Other clubs have established first graders or have had decentralised youngsters coming through for a while. We have been had neither and really needed to see which youngsters stood up this season

@Sart0ri said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

72.7% actually

Nicely cherry picked stats @Russell

2018 - 82.91% 97/117
2019 - 79.1% 53/67
2020 - 72.73% 16/22

Overall - 80.58%

Why is he getting worse?

Not interested in what he did 3 years ago.

Same as I’m not interested what Benji did 3 years ago.

It is what they are doing now that counts.

@Tigerlily said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

If we need new halves then Jackson Hastings and Aidan Sezer are my 2 preferred for next yr. Im hapoy with Douehi at FB

There is no one else with the brainpower on the market, this year or next unless we are able to break contracts.

Sezer also solves a GK problem. Next year, Marshall, Reynolds and Walters are not the answer.

How is Hastings a scumbag, do know him personally?..What because he ruffled Daly Cherry-Evans feathers at Manly?..Daly has made a reputation himself for not having the most likeable of personalities just ask his own team mates past and present…So, I think you’ll find Hastings was the scapegoat on that one…

From all accounts Hastings has done a complete 360 whilst over in England, has held himself accountable and taken ownership of his personal issues and is evolving into the talented player the Roosters originally obtained him for.

Well, I don’t think he would. No more nuffies I say.

Well if we are fair dinkum about him, he is a left footer so he will play on the left.
Since we’ve bought Madden and I’ve seen him play I just don’t see him playing alongside Brooks.
The fact is if he does a better job than Brooks does at Halfback, you replace him.
The question is pose for you is,
Who do you foil Camroux with?
Will Madden and him be a good combination? Or does the club sign an experienced half to play alongside.
Noticed he also played fullback.
Probably would be a more speedier option than Doueihi and Doueihi could play five eight on the left.

Our issue is with forwards. You could have Sterling and Kenny playing last night and there would be not much difference.

Seer and. Hastings! Please we’re really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I didn’t mention Sezer or Hastings.

I did genuinely ask who you would pthere is a reason Martin and Sezer are in the UKair him with when the time comes.

Apologies, another poster. I am hoping Brooks,Madden and the young Aust Schools 5/8 in u20s are all at WTs. There is lots f talent, we just need to wait.

I agree, but we need a fix now while we are waiting.

Do you just forfeit for two years whilst we wait.

There is a reason Martin and Sezer are in the UK. I would rather our ISP filled with genuine NRL potential.

Agree with your potential theory BUT as we know potential does not get you in the eight.

@fibrodreaming said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@851 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Foran rejects Dogs offer, knights and Tigers chasing him, knights favoured to sign him

Just what we need - another 5/8.

Marshall will retire and hopefully we can move Reynolds on somewhere.

It says the Knights are favoured so don’t even worry about it. I don’t think we’ve ever beaten another team to a signing in a two horse race 😂

Foran and Pearce will make a great combo.

He will defiantly go to the knights I seen a story last week on the Sunday footy show saying Pearce and Foran are best mates outside footy

Because they came up through the grades together and are really close

@gallagher said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@The_Patriot said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Sign a real half/ 5/8.

If you don’t understand I why we just lost you have no idea.

It’s all about leadership.

Benji can retire. Walters can bench , Brooks can dream on.

Sign a real leader.

We got rolled in the forwards. Curious selection from Maguire to leave Clark out. We needed him, he is much underrated.

Clark played paws?

He didn’t notice because he did nothing

@Tigerlily said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

I know Hastings personally playing footy against him a lot, I wouldn’t say he’s a scum bag but he was the most up himself person like he knew he was always gonna make it

I think it was an under 16s game his dummy half threw a pass that went behind him slightly and he blew his gasket at him. Wasn’t surprised roosters and manly sacked him with attitude like that, and I wouldn’t be surprised if stuff like the DCE thing was true

Think of Mitchell Moses attitude but less talented

Of course he’s probably changed a lot since then and won the man of steel. Good goal kicker to boot aswell

last edited by Speed2burn

@watersider said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

I’m wondering why we passed on Tristan Sailor loan deal for the roosters player if the rumours are correct? I haven’t seen much of Sailor play, but he looks like he has a bit of spark and has been in and out of the first grade side. Is there something wrong with Sailor? Or is the rooster player supposed to be talent?

Because we signed Asu a month ago for 3 years so better to get him over now instead of next year

That was the better option because if we got sailor it was only a loan deal so he would have went back to dragons next year

@TigerLouis said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

We do not need that many signings these contracted players for 2021 should be getting close to the semi’s
Mbye X replace with Addo-carr move to wing
Nofoaluma X replace with Johnston
Leilua - centre
Douiehi - Fullback
Talau - Centre with Momorovski
Reynolds X replace
Brooks X replace or at least look to
Twal - keep
Leilua - keep
Garner- keep
Packer - jury is out on this one
Liddle no one can be sure about
Musgrove- jury is out on this one
Bench ??? Penrith player who carved us up
McIntyre - keep
Blore - keep
Aloiai - keep
Mikaele - keep
Reserves
Kepaoa
Walters X replace
Chee Kam X replace
Uoutikamanu

That squad should be getting close to the top 8

I would try to replace at lease 6 on this list
Include replacing Marshall and Lawrence
That’s at least 8 new players
But we need to be able to find those 8 players
I think both Addo-Carr and Johnston would be huge upgrades and add speed we desperately lack
TPJ would be a forward i would chase for the aggression we seem to lack
Blake Green for a year or two is way better than Marshall
Go hard for Harry or Brandon Smith
Then I think we are getting somewhere

Hastings has nothing on Foran in the scumbag stakes.

@2005magic said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Raid ESL and get Sezer and Rhyse Martin back for next year- accurate goal kicking work horse back rower and a pretty good halfback capable of kicking goals too. Would give us coverage for a couple of years whilst the younguns develop a bit more. We could even try to do a swap deal with Sezer and Brooks and see if a season or two in ESL helps him develop his game.

Edit- Could also look at a former WT player that has matured over in ESL as a halfback- Jacob Miller.

None of those guys are better than what we already have

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.