Signing Suggestions & Rumours

@pawsandclaws1 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@avocadoontoast said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@JoshColeman99 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@yeti said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@JD-Tiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

We need a pack leader, an experienced head in the forwards that can inspire the others. Proctor has the years, does he have the inspirational presence? Wasn’t he also busted for doing coke?

He was captain of Titans a good while. I think he has good leadership qualities which is something Madge is very big on. He also has big game experience

I don’t rate him myself. I respect your opinion, Josh, but I don’t see him making a huge difference to this side.
A mongrel prop, on the other hand that consistently runs for over 100m a game would certainly make a difference, however. I wonder where we can get one of those.

We’ve got Aloiai who’s been doing that consistently. Sign Christian Welch to partner him who can do the same. Then we’ve got Stefano who should be capable of that given the minutes, then we’ve got Twal and Mikaele who are solid too.

If we had halves who could better control a game, keep us in possession and get us good field position our pack would go better too.

We do need a second rower though. For a good price proctor is an upgrade on Lawrence and a good leader for our pack. He won’t make a huge impact on the field but he will help lead and build the culture. Needs to be cheap though

We all thought (me included) our forward pack was coming along nicely. The last couple of weeks have really found us out. Stefano might be good but he’s probably a year or two away from being ready (from the limited game time i’ve seen).

I think our immediate recruitment requirements are two new front rowers, a second rower, a five eighth, a halfback and a winger (or two). We can deal with the other problems later lol

We have Musgrove as well. Send our scouts to the local at South Auckland for recruits.

True, but i’m not completely sold on Musgrove.

We need a pack leader, an experienced head in the forwards that can inspire the others. Proctor has the years, does he have the inspirational presence? Wasn’t he also busted for doing coke?

He was, though many in the comp like a snort and still wondering if Brooks’ “nose problem” alluded to him suffering from to start the year is similarly related. On the fence regarding signing Proctor and leaning towards not, though if he would sign for a single season initially, may lean the other way.

He was captain of Titans a good while. I think he has good leadership qualities which is something Madge is very big on. He also has big game experience

I don’t rate him myself. I respect your opinion, Josh, but I don’t see him making a huge difference to this side.
A mongrel prop, on the other hand that consistently runs for over 100m a game would certainly make a difference, however. I wonder where we can get one of those.

We’ve got Aloiai who’s been doing that consistently. Sign Christian Welch to partner him who can do the same. Then we’ve got Stefano who should be capable of that given the minutes, then we’ve got Twal and Mikaele who are solid too.

If we had halves who could better control a game, keep us in possession and get us good field position our pack would go better too.

We do need a second rower though. For a good price proctor is an upgrade on Lawrence and a good leader for our pack. He won’t make a huge impact on the field but he will help lead and build the culture. Needs to be cheap though

We all thought (me included) our forward pack was coming along nicely. The last couple of weeks have really found us out. Stefano might be good but he’s probably a year or two away from being ready (from the limited game time i’ve seen).

I think our immediate recruitment requirements are two new front rowers, a second rower, a five eighth, a halfback and a winger (or two). We can deal with the other problems later lol

We have Musgrove as well. Send our scouts to the local at South Auckland for recruits.

I always liked Musgrove. There was something about him when was at Souths which differentiated him from the Burgess brothers. I hope he kicks on as we need his presence.

I think one prop and one second rower will be fine - the major issue is depth. When we’ve had injuries the guys we’ve had to make the step up have not really been that good. Taylor, McQueen, Clark, Seyfarth, MCK all didn’t impress. It took Madge a while to figure out which guy is the best fill in and it turned out to be the one no one expected McIntyre.

Add in one more quality consistent prop (like Welch) and a second rower and the pack should be fine.

If our halves were playing good our pack would perform better too. That’s top priority fix our halves and sign some new ones. Winger for the left side would be good too. Don’t think we will be able to fix all those problems in one off season though, Madge will have to try use the kids

last edited by JoshColeman99

Let’s be real it’s the Tigers lol. We’ll end up signing some fat lazy plodder like Shannon Boyd for 4 years

I always liked Musgrove. There was something about him when was at Souths which differentiated him from the Burgess brothers. I hope he kicks on as we need his presence.

He looked good. We’ve missed him and Twal badly this season and the rest of our pack looks like they are wearing out without them as they both did a lot of work.

@balmain-boy said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Tcat said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@finnzo said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Jwh would be The perfect signing

I’d happily pay him $1m a year for 3 years. Don’t know if we could afford it though, doubt he would come over (though Madge could try through his Kiwi connection,) and not sure he would stay on the paddock as the judiciary might hammer him.

1M is abit rich. I’d do 650K, however the kiwi connection to Madge doesn’t seem to have as much effect as you’d expect. It’s not exactly a hard squad to get into now with Tonga and Samoa in the mix. He’s exactly what our forward pack needs.

I agree with you $1m is a bit rich, I figured we’d have to overpay him massively to get him interested. With our luck though if we landed him he’d probably get injured.

JWH, nah. No chance, and he’s been on big money for a whlie now.

We need Taukeiaho. He actually is somewhat realisitic. He’s been earning less than 300k a year at the Roosters up until this season (in which he had to take a pay cut). He’s 28 so doesn’t have a huge amount of time left in his career to earn big bucks, and i imagine he has a large family to look after. A 4 year 4 million dollar deal plus some TPAs may give us a chance with him. He’s already won the comp a few times, maybe 3 in a row this year. Agents being dodgy and all start unofficial rumours that we could offer him big bucks and see if he get’s unsettled. Uncle Nick may find some loose change of course, but as has been seen with the likes of RTS he has his limits.

Liking it, I would be very happy if we went down this path with TKO.

@gallagher said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Kazoo-Kid said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@gallagher said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

I’d take Woods back and even make him captain. I’m confident he could cover the 30m that Packer contributed last night.

Bro what you smoking, can I have some of that? If you thought Moses “Mute” Mbye was a bad captain, oh boy, Sharon is another kettle of fish. Everything seems good until you find out he is trying to shop himself along with the club’s best players to other clubs.

I don’t really care what supposedly happened a few years ago. He’s miles ahead of any forwards we got our anyone capable of being a captain. Not that he’s the answer but thats how crap we are right now.

Why should we sign anyone who is “not the answer”

“Not the answer” on the field and scumbag who tries to take players with him when he leaves off the field.

Not one of your better suggestions Gall.

If you want to build a culture of sniffing nose beers then Proctor is your man. Probs league leader in that department

@Aesopian said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

If you want to build a culture of sniffing nose beers then Proctor is your man. Probs league leader in that department

I reckon half the players in the league probably do the same thing… guys in their 20’s with excess amounts of money and partying all the time

We are also losing a lot of experience next year especially in the forwards and we need a forward leader. Proctor could be mainly as someone to help lead the boys, maybe be in the leadership group and help drive the culture change more than anything.

Upgrade on Lawrence and could be the experienced forward we will need for next season. As long as it’s the right price it’s okay

Don’t think he is an upgrade on Rowdy on a season basis - has the odd game like this weekend (when his contract is up)yes.
However most of this season you would not know he was playing, at least Rowdy has a go every game. Agree that as Rowdy
and Benji are retiring at the end of the season, we need replacements. Who, that is the question.

Personally, don’t think it is Proctor, he is looking for a few years as a retirement fund.

I think we need a complete clean out.
Twal, Aloai, Blore, Liddle, Luciano, BJ, Talau, Kepoa, Nofa, Douihei, Garner, McIntyre, Simpkin, Mikalele, Momirovski, Hoffman, Utoikamanu, Madden, Cini, Musgrove, Bradley, Brooks

I count 22 Players we should keep.

Release: Reynolds, Mbye, Jennings, Clarke, Packer, Walters, Eisenhuth, MCK, Benji, Smith, Seyfarth, McQueen, ET, Lawrence.

There’s 14 players I’d let go, subsidise or release irrespective of the cost. We should be able to get 3-4 very good players and some more talented young players with the funds.

We will go backwards losing that experience next year but be in the market big time in 2022.

It’s the only way. It’s proven time and time again our squad are real goers but by mid to late season talent shines and we get left behind.

Agree on everything else but got to keep packer and i would keep Reynolds too. Will be good depth at the very least

@finnzo said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Jwh would be The perfect signing

Taukeiaho would be better imo.

TKO, yes again good point. I’d take him over JWH as he’s younger but still the quality we are after. Is TKO the leader we need though? Not sure.

I would be massively impressed if we landed anyone of that calibre though. I’d honestly be surprised if we even got someone of Proctor’s calibre.

Wouldn’t mention Proctors name in the same sentence as.

TKO myself.

@Russell said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

We are also losing a lot of experience next year especially in the forwards and we need a forward leader. Proctor could be mainly as someone to help lead the boys, maybe be in the leadership group and help drive the culture change more than anything.

Upgrade on Lawrence and could be the experienced forward we will need for next season. As long as it’s the right price it’s okay

Don’t think he is an upgrade on Rowdy on a season basis - has the odd game like this weekend (when his contract is up)yes.
However most of this season you would not know he was playing, at least Rowdy has a go every game. Agree that as Rowdy
and Benji are retiring at the end of the season, we need replacements. Who, that is the question.

Personally, don’t think it is Proctor, he is looking for a few years as a retirement fund.

For me Lawrence has offered nothing this year. His best footy was at centre and he’s no centre anymore. Seems to get hammered every time he runs the ball as a forward and his tackles aren’t super effective. Proctor is no flashy player but he does his job every week and could be a good leader.

Happy to sign someone else though if we can find a good second rower.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme