Signing Suggestions & Rumours

@JoshColeman99 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Cultured_Bogan said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

A convicted wife beating anti-vaxxer who has a reputation for bagging out the disabled.

Sounds like the sort of bloke we’d want to build our club around.

He’s a great player that’s all that matters. Does he train and play hard? If so, then we should chase them

Plenty of absolute idiot players in the NRL who have done terrible things, taking the moral high ground gets you no where nowadays. All that matters is if they can play

I can take a guy like JAC who flaunted COVID rules to go on a shoot. I could even take a guy who DUI’d. They are both examples of reckless behaviour, but I cannot abide someone who beats their partner. Domestic violence is something that does not sit right with me. You’re free to disagree obviously, but I believe the club and league in general needs to apply better judgment with guys like this. I wasn’t happy about Musgrove signing until his conviction was overturned.

Being a great player doesn’t absolve you of having to be accountable for your actions. He showed his colours towards women again when Molan made fun of islander surnames (which I don’t agree with either.)

I agree domestic violence is disgusting and he shouldn’t be allowed in the NRL, but at the same time while these people are allowed in the NRL we can’t take the moral high ground and fall behind other clubs. Being the good guys won’t get us into finals.

I’m not saying have a no boneheads policy, but have some standards.

We don’t agree so let’s just leave it there.

A convicted wife beating anti-vaxxer who has a reputation for bagging out the disabled.

Sounds like the sort of bloke we’d want to build our club around.

He’s a great player that’s all that matters. Does he train and play hard? If so, then we should chase them

Plenty of absolute idiot players in the NRL who have done terrible things, taking the moral high ground gets you no where nowadays. All that matters is if they can play

I can take a guy like JAC who flaunted COVID rules to go on a shoot. I could even take a guy who DUI’d. They are both examples of reckless behaviour, but I cannot abide someone who beats their partner. Domestic violence is something that does not sit right with me. You’re free to disagree obviously, but I believe the club and league in general needs to apply better judgment with guys like this. I wasn’t happy about Musgrove signing until his conviction was overturned.

Being a great player doesn’t absolve you of having to be accountable for your actions. He showed his colours towards women again when Molan made fun of islander surnames (which I don’t agree with either.)

I agree domestic violence is disgusting and he shouldn’t be allowed in the NRL, but at the same time while these people are allowed in the NRL we can’t take the moral high ground and fall behind other clubs. Being the good guys won’t get us into finals.

Would you rather not take the moral high ground and have a club full of players that commit dv, use steroids etc and make finals, or have a club with players that kids can look up to and you don’t mind saying hello to but don’t make the finals??

@Curly_Tiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

AFB seems to have kept his nose clean after an incident when he was 19 and I hear he is a good family man from people down here who know him better than me. I saw Dylan Walker, wife and son at the Mall yesterday and they looked like a happy family. People make mistakes, it’s how they learn from them that matters
Vaccinations are a personal issue, if you want to take them good luck to you, if not that’s fine too, I don’t label people who’s personal choice differs from mine
Good luck to AFB I say, great player who deserves better than some of the comments here

I really hope we go for him. It is what we need a big strong forward. But JAC over him sorry.

Conditions of Addin Fonua-Blake’s Manly release revealed
Manly Sea Eagles have turned their attention to player market following Addin Fonua-Blake’s release request - and a familiar face is among several potential targets.
Michael Carayannis, The Daily Telegraph
Subscriber only
|
September 16, 2020 5:13pm

FOXSPORTS0:49
Turbo Tom set for return
NRL: Turbo Tom Trbojevic is set for his return to the Manly Sea Eagles this weekend.

The Sea Eagles will turn their attention to the player market with the likes of Kieran Foran and Luke Garner among potential targets as the club deals with the shock release request of Addin Fonua-Blake.
Sea Eagles officials were completely blindsided when an emotional Fonua-Blake spoke to the club on Monday and told them he wanted out of the final two years of his deal.
Fonua-Blake told the club he and his young family had a desire to quit Sydney and move closer to family.

Weird. Where did Luke Garner come from?

I think Garner is a decent back up second rower but not a good enough lateral mover in defence and is a bit too light to be damaging on the edge. If I was Manly I’d go hard for McIntyre, hopefully we’ve re-signed him.

Weird adding Garner in there, really weird actually

@WswWt said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Weird adding Garner in there, really weird actually

Garner and Foran came from Manly

Garner’s a Manly junior, think he played in the Centres and was in their 2015 NYC Grand Final team.
I think his defence sucks and since he’s moved from Brooks side he’s been less effective. But I think he’s got some good attributes going for him and could use some work on his defensive technique.
We need to switch him back to the left though.

last edited by Lauren

Garner would be a decent pick up for Manly running off DCE or Foran if they get him as well.

@weststigerman said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Weird. Where did Luke Garner come from?

I think Garner is a decent back up second rower but not a good enough lateral mover in defence and is a bit too light to be damaging on the edge. If I was Manly I’d go hard for McIntyre, hopefully we’ve re-signed him.

North Coast NSW product.

With Blore coming through releasing Garner is smart. Madge seems to like powerful bigger edge forwards. Garner defensively has been a major concern.

@TYGA said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

With Blore coming through releasing Garner is smart. Madge seems to like powerful bigger edge forwards. Garner defensively has been a major concern.

I didn’t realise Stephen Humphreys is the CEO at the Eagles. Perhaps the Garner link?

Well if Manly want Garner, and he is under contract for another 2 years…what are manly going to give us in return?? Considering they have stated when AFB goes they aren’t paying a cent…time some clubs started to grow some minerals when it comes to helping other clubs out

We don’t owe anybody anything so as long as the club plays hardball for our own benefit…then hallelujah!!!

@jadtiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Garner would be a decent pick up for Manly running off DCE or Foran if they get him as well.

Brooks and Garner for DCE and Jakey boy

@happy_tiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@jadtiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Brooks and Garner for DCE and Jakey boy

we wouldn’t have the cap space or room for dce’s ego or wage

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme