Signing Suggestions & Rumours

@mike said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@happy_tiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@jadtiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Garner would be a decent pick up for Manly running off DCE or Foran if they get him as well.

Brooks and Garner for DCE and Jakey boy

It must be good to live in fantasy land.

Fantasy land I would swapped Clark , Seyfarth ,Brooks ,Moses , AJ , and Dessie for Tommy T ,Jakey T , DCE , Taupau , their new centre and Webster

Yes but the T’s will never leave the peninsula.

Exactly …Fantasy Land

Garner would be a decent pick up for Manly running off DCE or Foran if they get him as well.

Fantasy land I would swapped Clark , Seyfarth ,Brooks ,Moses , AJ , and Dessie for Tommy T ,Jakey T , DCE , Taupau , their new centre and Webster

You don’t know the new centres name do you…

@OzLuke said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@The_Patriot said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

we wouldn’t have the cap space or room for dce’s ego or wage

Cant believe people still worrying about ego.

Id love for Luke Brooks to have an ego.

Ego is essential to be a top half.

I would think ability and leadership would be the two qualities essential…

Hand in hand with ego

All great halves have an ego

@Geo said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

You don’t know the new centres name do you…

What about the new younger T on scene at Manly may as well throw him as well and include Jennings in the deal

Unfortunately there is no space in first grade for Garner next year. I like him and he has talent but it’s game over.

Well if Manly want Garner, and he is under contract for another 2 years…what are manly going to give us in return?? Considering they have stated when AFB goes they aren’t paying a cent…time some clubs started to grow some minerals when it comes to helping other clubs out

We don’t owe anybody anything so as long as the club plays hardball for our own benefit…then hallelujah!!!

They don’t need to give us anything

They just need to take Packer as well

@Roar_Power said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Unfortunately there is no space in first grade for Garner next year. I like him and he has talent but it’s game over.

He really is just a placeholder till we can someone better. The same way Thompson was.

Believe AFB could be heading towards the Warriors according to 9 News.

Then again it is 9.

@Elderslie_Tiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Aesopian said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Well if Manly want Garner, and he is under contract for another 2 years…what are manly going to give us in return?? Considering they have stated when AFB goes they aren’t paying a cent…time some clubs started to grow some minerals when it comes to helping other clubs out

We don’t owe anybody anything so as long as the club plays hardball for our own benefit…then hallelujah!!!

Imagine willingly helping the scummy seabirds😠

If you want it Des, you gotta pay for it. No freebies mateefence

Garner had that word about him POTENTIAL sadly I dont think he’s taken the next step this year his defence has been ordinary and if he was to be released I dont think we would miss him with the young guys coming through and if it frees up cap space even better

At worst he’s good depth considering the injury toll across the league.

For sure let him go, but our backrower stocks coming through the grades is nothing special. We’d need a ready made replacement before releasing him.

No point weakening our roster and strengthening another clubs. Especially scummy manly

We don’t have enough second rowers to be letting garner go. If we can replace him then sure but at the moment he probably gets a bench spot (if Blore goes as good as everything thinks)

@StarswithStripes said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@JoshColeman99 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Cultured_Bogan said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@JoshColeman99 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Cultured_Bogan said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

A convicted wife beating anti-vaxxer who has a reputation for bagging out the disabled.

Sounds like the sort of bloke we’d want to build our club around.

He’s a great player that’s all that matters. Does he train and play hard? If so, then we should chase them

Plenty of absolute idiot players in the NRL who have done terrible things, taking the moral high ground gets you no where nowadays. All that matters is if they can play

I can take a guy like JAC who flaunted COVID rules to go on a shoot. I could even take a guy who DUI’d. They are both examples of reckless behaviour, but I cannot abide someone who beats their partner. Domestic violence is something that does not sit right with me. You’re free to disagree obviously, but I believe the club and league in general needs to apply better judgment with guys like this. I wasn’t happy about Musgrove signing until his conviction was overturned.

Being a great player doesn’t absolve you of having to be accountable for your actions. He showed his colours towards women again when Molan made fun of islander surnames (which I don’t agree with either.)

I agree domestic violence is disgusting and he shouldn’t be allowed in the NRL, but at the same time while these people are allowed in the NRL we can’t take the moral high ground and fall behind other clubs. Being the good guys won’t get us into finals.

I think there needs to be more than one filter to accept a player into our club and it needs to be more than just because they are a great player. That didn’t work for the AMP CEO who was a gun investment manager but had a history of sexually predatory behaviour. Investors and staff called it out and look how that is going for their reputation and share price. I think the families of West Tigers supporters would be equally outraged.

I don’t know …I’m pretty outraged with the lack of finals footy

Yeah same here. The frustrating thing is we’ve had a lot of great players at our disposal and still couldn’t crack it.

If you want it Des, you gotta pay for it. No freebies mate

How about Garner to Manly
Jorge Taufua to Melbourne
JAC to Tigers

@Elderslie_Tiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

If you want it Des, you gotta pay for it. No freebies mateefence

Garner had that word about him POTENTIAL sadly I dont think he’s taken the next step this year his defence has been ordinary and if he was to be released I dont think we would miss him with the young guys coming through and if it frees up cap space even better

At worst he’s good depth considering the injury toll across the league.

For sure let him go, but our backrower stocks coming through the grades is nothing special. We’d need a ready made replacement before releasing him.

No point weakening our roster and strengthening another clubs. Especially scummy manly

If Manly want Garner then WT need a reliable replacement. How about Sironen? How about all the Sironens?

@pawsandclaws1 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@weststigerman said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Weird. Where did Luke Garner come from?

I think Garner is a decent back up second rower but not a good enough lateral mover in defence and is a bit too light to be damaging on the edge. If I was Manly I’d go hard for McIntyre, hopefully we’ve re-signed him.

North Coast NSW product.

Garner was born in Dubbo and played in Manly’s premiership winning U/20’s in 2015

@tiger05premier said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

They don’t need to give us anything

They just need to take Packer as well

Like the Sharks when we wanted them to take Gibbs they wanted Fifita or no deal.
Garner and Packer a package or go suck lemons.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme