Signing Suggestions & Rumours

@Cairnstigers said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Aesopian said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@OzLuke said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Well if Manly want Garner, and he is under contract for another 2 years…what are manly going to give us in return?? Considering they have stated when AFB goes they aren’t paying a cent…time some clubs started to grow some minerals when it comes to helping other clubs out

We don’t owe anybody anything so as long as the club plays hardball for our own benefit…then hallelujah!!!

Imagine willingly helping the scummy seabirds😠

If you want it Des, you gotta pay for it. No freebies mate

How about Garner to Manly
Jorge Taufua to Melbourne
JAC to Tigers

Jorge boy ruptured his Achilles. Be lucky if he even starts rnd 1 next year. And we’d still be short in backrower depth.

Difficult part about all this is no player wants to relocate to Melbourne. Massive hassle if you have a wife and kids.

@jrtiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@cochise said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@jrtiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

wouldn’t be opposed to Flanagan joining our coaching staff. would give us some steel in defence and is a Wests old boy. don’t know too much about Young’s coaching abilities but we definitely need to assess the positions of Hodgson and Webster at seasons end.

I don’t want Flanagan anywhere near the club.

has a chequered past but he’s won a comp. we need to instill a sinning culture, he can bring that.

Fixed👍

Well if Manly want Garner, and he is under contract for another 2 years…what are manly going to give us in return?? Considering they have stated when AFB goes they aren’t paying a cent…time some clubs started to grow some minerals when it comes to helping other clubs out

We don’t owe anybody anything so as long as the club plays hardball for our own benefit…then hallelujah!!!

Nothing. We want to get rid of him to free up roster spots and a bit of cash. That’s the difference between moving on someone you want to keep vs someone you don’t.

He’s a solid back-up, but that’s about it. If we move MCK, Garner replaces him in our squad

850k a year for 3 years.
No way is he worth that.

@Roar_Power said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Unfortunately there is no space in first grade for Garner next year. I like him and he has talent but it’s game over.

Why is it “game over”? Why can’t he be coached to improve here?

If he has the deficiencies you believe, why would Hasler want him? If it’s true, and I hope it’s not, surely it’s because Manly sees potential to improve him?

So, why can’t that happen here?

@PJ said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

850k a year for 3 years.
No way is he worth that.

I haven’t followed this …

Who is paid 850K per year for 3 years?

last edited by Tiger Tragic

@twentyforty said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Elderslie_Tiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

If Manly want Garner then WT need a reliable replacement. How about Sironen? How about all the Sironens?
They’d revert back to the pillows they were before leaving us.
Don’t know why but pillow forwards is a requiirement for us in recent years. The old Wests and Tigers forwards must be turning in their graves the way our guys generally don’t put their bodies on the line. - loved Sheens but that’s his forward legacy.

@twentyforty said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Elderslie_Tiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Imagine willingly helping the scummy seabirds😠

If you want it Des, you gotta pay for it. No freebies mateefence

Garner had that word about him POTENTIAL sadly I dont think he’s taken the next step this year his defence has been ordinary and if he was to be released I dont think we would miss him with the young guys coming through and if it frees up cap space even better

At worst he’s good depth considering the injury toll across the league.

For sure let him go, but our backrower stocks coming through the grades is nothing special. We’d need a ready made replacement before releasing him.

No point weakening our roster and strengthening another clubs. Especially scummy manly

If Manly want Garner then WT need a reliable replacement. How about Sironen? How about all the Sironens?

Don’t you think Paul’s a bit old😺😺😺😺

@Tiger-Tragic said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@PJ said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

850k a year for 3 years.
No way is he worth that.

I haven’t followed this …

Who is paid 850K per year for 3 years?

Apparently Fonua Blake is being offered this by Warriors.

Unfortunately there is no space in first grade for Garner next year. I like him and he has talent but it’s game over.

If he has the deficiencies you believe, why would Hasler want him? If it’s true, and I hope it’s not, surely it’s because Manly sees potential to improve him?

TT, I don’t think Garner fits Madge’s type of 2nd rower, thats all. Just an opinion. He can continue to improve and play NRL but I personally think it will be at another club.

TT, I don’t think Garner fits Madge’s type of 2nd rower, thats all. Just an opinion. He can continue to improve and play NRL but I personally think it will be at another club.

So this young second row giant from the Cowboys will replace him?

@pawsandclaws1 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Who is that?

@TigerWest said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Who is that?

A huge 18 year old Kiwi second row forward at 6ft 4 and 104kgs. T. Simpkins if my memory is correct. There was mention of him in this thread.

last edited by pawsandclaws1

We will need a replacement if we let Garner go. We are short on second rowers next season as it is.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme