Signing Suggestions & Rumours

Owell will push the price of all there players up hopefully we are more lickley to snag some

@teddy23 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

If we’re thinking about young halfbacks I’d much preferably target Matt Burton over Flanagan…

Was a Kyle Flanagan fan, however if he can’t do much with that Roosters team with strike power along the lines of Tedesco, Keary, Manu, Tupou and the Morris brothers with the pack they got also I bet he’d struggle with our current mob

However, If Foran goes to Manly, I doubt he plays 9 for long and if he does make that switch to 6 i would aggressively target Josh Schuter

Josh Schuter imo is a much much much better prospect than Flanagan and slightly better than Burton

What’s all this talk about young Flanno not doing much with a star rooster pack?

Made the top 4. Almost best panthers (2 points) and almost beat raiders (4 points).

He kicks incredibly. And he wasn’t the lead playmaker. By any team standards (except for chooks) he did a pretty good job, especially considering it’s his 2nd year in NRL.

Not saying to sign him, but people acting as if he was horrible.

last edited by frullens

Ethan lowe has retired. Here come Souths with the salary cap space

This post is deleted!

@Leck said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Goanna57 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Goanna57 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

There’s too much mumble about Harry and Liddle in this thread. Let’s be honest we’re not going to sign Harry for 2021, he’s going back to Melbourne. However Liddle is an excellent 9 so we’re covered at that position along with Simpkin at back up.

If I was Madge/Pascoe I would try and sign Flanagan asap, he’s a crafty half that would gel well with Brooks. Flanagan has a great kicking game and knows how to put runners in holes. When Brooks is allowed to scheme, take the line on and drop those deft grubbers we look unstoppable. Unlike Benji, Flanagan isn’t selfish so I could see them making a great combination. Plus both their tackle efficiency is at over 88% so our defense wouldn’t suffer.

We also need a reliable kicker. The amount of games we’ve lost in the last 10 years due to poor kicking is criminal. Flanagan is @81%, #5 in the league which is a big plus.

If the Rorters don’t want him, it’s their loss. We should chase him.

Don’t think so

Sure, but why though?

I don’t think with his inexperience he whould be a good fit , it’s
not like Brooks is an out and out champion player.
That’s not to say the kid will not turn out to be a very good player bit to early to judge him

Possibly, but I’ve seen better direction from Flanagan than I have from Brooks. Brooks needs to stand up and be a leader which I don’t see in him.

I do believe you are spot on but I don’t have much faith in Brooks to stand up we can only hope . But I’ve lived in hope for the last ten years

@JoshColeman99 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Ethan lowe has retired. Here come Souths with the salary cap space

That will free up around 950k so they can get JAC and another rep player with about 300k spare… NRL’s not rigged of course

Wayne mentioned around the topic of Jai Arrow coming to the club. “Yeah he is, + a few more and we won’t be losing anybody either”.
Cryptic. I don’t believe there has been any other signings announcements for the Rabbitohs other than Jai Arrow, so intriguing to see who it will be.

@Needaname said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Wayne mentioned around the topic of Jai Arrow coming to the club. “Yeah he is, + a few more and we won’t be losing anybody either”.
Cryptic. I don’t believe there has been any other signings announcements for the Rabbitohs other than Jai Arrow, so intriguing to see who it will be.

Jacob Host

Other Teams news: Signed players in positions of need
WT news: halfback got burgled, five-eighth rides a pink bike

@frullens said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@teddy23 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

If we’re thinking about young halfbacks I’d much preferably target Matt Burton over Flanagan…

Was a Kyle Flanagan fan, however if he can’t do much with that Roosters team with strike power along the lines of Tedesco, Keary, Manu, Tupou and the Morris brothers with the pack they got also I bet he’d struggle with our current mob

However, If Foran goes to Manly, I doubt he plays 9 for long and if he does make that switch to 6 i would aggressively target Josh Schuter

Josh Schuter imo is a much much much better prospect than Flanagan and slightly better than Burton

What’s all this talk about young Flanno not doing much with a star rooster pack?

Made the top 4. Almost best panthers (2 points) and almost beat raiders (4 points).

He kicks incredibly. And he wasn’t the lead playmaker. By any team standards (except for chooks) he did a pretty good job, especially considering it’s his 2nd year in NRL.

Not saying to sign him, but people acting as if he was horrible.

Robbo just realised he would actually have to coach Flanno, you see that’s not exactly his go, easier to just buy a ready made star

Just watched ex WT’s player Mark Flanagan just play his last game for Salford in a losing CC Final v another ex WT’s player Rob Lui

From Danny Weilder in SMH today:
'While Arthur is criticised for being too old-school and not taking on new ideas, O’Neill and the Eels football department are castigated throughout the NRL for being “too bureaucratic”.

Their slow decision making and negotiating frustrates many. Managers say, along with Wests Tigers, they are the most cumbersome club to deal with.'

From Danny Weilder in SMH today:
'While Arthur is criticised for being too old-school and not taking on new ideas, O’Neill and the Eels football department are castigated throughout the NRL for being “too bureaucratic”.

Their slow decision making and negotiating frustrates many. Managers say, along with Wests Tigers, they are the most cumbersome club to deal with.'

Any chance to lay the boot in.

Their slow decision making and negotiating frustrates many. Managers say, along with Wests Tigers, they are the most cumbersome club to deal with.’

Tigers perhaps need to be cumbersome for a few years after several years of not being cumbersome enough.

Managers only get the irrits because clubs don’t flash the cash or take due diligence. Managers are like real estate agents, they want the deal done yesterday with buckets of cash.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme