Signing Suggestions & Rumours

@frullens said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

From Danny Weilder in SMH today:
'While Arthur is criticised for being too old-school and not taking on new ideas, O’Neill and the Eels football department are castigated throughout the NRL for being “too bureaucratic”.

Their slow decision making and negotiating frustrates many. Managers say, along with Wests Tigers, they are the most cumbersome club to deal with.'

So cumbersome we routinely get bent over. If we manage to sign a rare good contract for the club, the player pulls the pin mid contract.

@finnzo said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Why did Lowe retire?

20201018_080721.jpg
Picture tells a 1000 words

This post is deleted!

@Needaname said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Wayne mentioned around the topic of Jai Arrow coming to the club. “Yeah he is, + a few more and we won’t be losing anybody either”.
Cryptic. I don’t believe there has been any other signings announcements for the Rabbitohs other than Jai Arrow, so intriguing to see who it will be.

Would not believe one word Wayne “Stringbean” said about anything.

@happy_tiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Just watched ex WT’s player Mark Flanagan just play his last game for Salford in a losing CC Final v another ex WT’s player Rob Lui

Thanks for the spoiler Hap.

Why did Lowe retire?

Multiple neck injuries

@JoshColeman99 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Why did Lowe retire?

Multiple neck injuries

We should offer him a contract then, big dollars and 4 years.
Like our normal recruitment.

@bathursttiger1 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@JoshColeman99 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Why did Lowe retire?

Multiple neck injuries

We should offer him a contract then, big dollars and 4 years.
Like our normal recruitment.

He would really be Chris McQueen 2.0 lol he just needs to go to titans for a bit first. Second rower former Rabbitoh and qld player

@Strongee said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Russell said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@ElleryHanley said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Russell said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@ElleryHanley said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

He is entitled to his money, but now that the whole “great clubman” myth has been exposed

"He is entitled to his money, but now that the whole “great clubman” myth has been exposed’

Why has he been exposed…

Because he doesn’t want to move on to England (who would)?
Because he wants the money he is entitles to?
Because he is ready to play any time Madge picks him?
Because he will play any position the clubs wants him to play?

Think you are being a tad harsh on him myself.

He left mid game…

He did not attend a few club functions…

He had a fairly obvious sook last month when left out.

For the wage he is earning, he should at least sit through the games and cheer them on. “It was cold”…

Oh! ok mate - if t hat is the best you can come up with - that’ll do me.

Hey rus, I’m not having a go at all, so please don’t take this as a negative , but I notice you’re very pro player , for the most part , is there a reason behind that ?I’m just curious if there’s a good story there ?

He’s not pro Robert Jennings lol…

@happy_tiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Just watched ex WT’s player Mark Flanagan just play his last game for Salford in a losing CC Final v another ex WT’s player Rob Lui

Wow flash Flanagan. The world’s smallest second rower.

@mikey said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@TheDaBoss said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Panthers and storm final

Go storm

Not having a shot at you but personally, I’d rather got to bed - won’t watch it as I can’t stand to watch evil empire vs smug fellow. Watching it would be worse than losing my family jewels when JAC joins as someone has gambled.

I’ll be watching
I just hope for a good game

@teddy23 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

If we’re thinking about young halfbacks I’d much preferably target Matt Burton over Flanagan…

Was a Kyle Flanagan fan, however if he can’t do much with that Roosters team with strike power along the lines of Tedesco, Keary, Manu, Tupou and the Morris brothers with the pack they got also I bet he’d struggle with our current mob

However, If Foran goes to Manly, I doubt he plays 9 for long and if he does make that switch to 6 i would aggressively target Josh Schuter

Josh Schuter imo is a much much much better prospect than Flanagan and slightly better than Burton

What’s all this talk about young Flanno not doing much with a star rooster pack?

Made the top 4. Almost best panthers (2 points) and almost beat raiders (4 points).

He kicks incredibly. And he wasn’t the lead playmaker. By any team standards (except for chooks) he did a pretty good job, especially considering it’s his 2nd year in NRL.

Not saying to sign him, but people acting as if he was horrible.

Yes totally agree, perspective is everything.

I even think the Roosters are being a bit rough on him by saying they won’t renew his contract, based on his performances unless there is some other reason why they’re not keen on him. That team also battled quite a few injuries throughout the season with many key players missing at crucial times. The loss of Radley in particular was very significant to the halves.

I certainly wouldn’t say no to us signing Flanagan.

@Spud_Murphy said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@teddy23 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

If we’re thinking about young halfbacks I’d much preferably target Matt Burton over Flanagan…

Was a Kyle Flanagan fan, however if he can’t do much with that Roosters team with strike power along the lines of Tedesco, Keary, Manu, Tupou and the Morris brothers with the pack they got also I bet he’d struggle with our current mob

However, If Foran goes to Manly, I doubt he plays 9 for long and if he does make that switch to 6 i would aggressively target Josh Schuter

Josh Schuter imo is a much much much better prospect than Flanagan and slightly better than Burton

What’s all this talk about young Flanno not doing much with a star rooster pack?

Made the top 4. Almost best panthers (2 points) and almost beat raiders (4 points).

He kicks incredibly. And he wasn’t the lead playmaker. By any team standards (except for chooks) he did a pretty good job, especially considering it’s his 2nd year in NRL.

Not saying to sign him, but people acting as if he was horrible.

Yes totally agree, perspective is everything.

I even think the Roosters are being a bit rough on him by saying they won’t renew his contract, based on his performances unless there is some other reason why they’re not keen on him. That team also battled quite a few injuries throughout the season with many key players missing at crucial times. The loss of Radley in particular was very significant to the halves.

I certainly wouldn’t say no to us signing Flanagan.

Well, they let LM go at perhaps his peak, so not sure how they think over there, but doesn’t seem to be working atm.

@Jay said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@jirskyr said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@BAGNF05 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:
My issue with Harry is the longer the season went, the less dependable his form became. Not that it was ever bad, because I think he’s unlikely to play bad football, but specifically his hooking qualities stumbled a little as the season wore on.

I hear you but as the season went on our forwards became more and more useless, I think that’s the reason Grant found it harder.

Have to agree Jay. It was particularly evident against Storm when their big forwards were targeting him, while our forwards were standing back letting him go first in.

last edited by twentyforty

@jirskyr said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Their slow decision making and negotiating frustrates many. Managers say, along with Wests Tigers, they are the most cumbersome club to deal with.’

Tigers perhaps need to be cumbersome for a few years after several years of not being cumbersome enough.

Managers only get the irrits because clubs don’t flash the cash or take due diligence. Managers are like real estate agents, they want the deal done yesterday with buckets of cash.

Sure, I can understand your point about being cautious, but…
I doubt anyone could mount a credible argument in favour of inefficient and unnecessary delays in administrative dealings? This sort of behaviour can develop distrust.

“While Arthur is criticised for being too old-school and not taking on new ideas, O’Neill and the Eels football department are castigated throughout the NRL for being “too bureaucratic”. Their slow decision making and negotiating frustrates many. Managers say, along with Wests Tigers, they are the most cumbersome club to deal with.

Last year’s negotiations with club captain Clint Gutherson were a case in point. Rightfully, Gutherson felt disrespected and he has proved himself to be their best player. It was not how their leader deserved to be treated and every signing the club makes is like pulling teeth.”

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme