Signing Suggestions & Rumours

@Strongee said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@sleeve said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

No signing is a certainty to perform,all clubs have signed duds.What all this talk about JAC? You must realise by now that he wants to join the indigenous shooting club at redfern.

I don’t think so . I think he wouldn’t have minded joining us , but thought the team was too weak , and didn’t want to be a saviour . Putting my conspiracy hat on , I could see him saying improve the team and we will look at it over the next 12 months .

I reckon if Roberts goes well and the team performs better overall next season, there might just be a chance that JAC will sign on in 2022, especially with a young Aboriginal gun like Laurie coming in also - you just never know.

The club seems like they’re heavily investing into indigenous communities and growth in that area. Definitely a good idea

Make manly include Reynolds or packer at full freight. in the swap deal. See how bad they want JA then.

@Krammy said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Here is part of the words from Storm CEO, Frank Ponissi, in an article on NRL.com.au, when discussing Harry Grant’s development at Wests Tigers. It is a good wrap for us and may persuade other players to have a bit more of a look at our club.

“He is coming back to us as a far, far better player than when he left, which is fantastic for us, and we are really appreciative of the Tigers for the way they developed him and the way Madge [Michael Maguire] looked after him. I thought it was tremendous.”

Yep , the whole competition would have seen that . Along with Luciano and Aloiai. I get how we directly gained nothing as , we lose the player we developed and didn’t make the finals , but considering how well he played in origin , it really shows we can develop a player , as I don’t think Harry was this good when we got him .

Tbh I thought he was a gun from the get-go when came here, but if the Storm are willing to publicly give us credit for his rise to stardom then I’m all for it!

God forbid, I’m actually beginning to like the Storm as a club 😱 They’ve certainly been much better to deal with than some other clubs going around and have never once had a dig at us for anything. Even the Ado-Carr negotiations went down amicably. Just don’t tell FTB 😁

@Spud_Murphy said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

No signing is a certainty to perform,all clubs have signed duds.What all this talk about JAC? You must realise by now that he wants to join the indigenous shooting club at redfern.

I don’t think so . I think he wouldn’t have minded joining us , but thought the team was too weak , and didn’t want to be a saviour . Putting my conspiracy hat on , I could see him saying improve the team and we will look at it over the next 12 months .

I reckon if Roberts goes well and the team performs better overall next season, there might just be a chance that JAC will sign on in 2022, especially with a young Aboriginal gun like Laurie coming in also - you just never know.

Maybe. But he may not welcome the competition for the fb spot.

Apparently 3 players from today’s Tribal League will be selected for a train and trial programme

last edited by AJ1

@tony-soprano @Red88_Tiger
That’s him, thanks for the correction guys.

@hammertime said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Laurie can play on the wing and give JAC first crack to prove himself at fullback. If he doesn’t work out then swap them around. I’m sure Laurie will be happy to be playing anywhere as long as it’s in the top grade and I’m sure JAC would be happy to be given first shot at the back - then it’s all up to him to make the position his own. Either way win, win for us 😁

last edited by Spud_Murphy

@hammertime said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

I would love to have JAC here, but it’s a pity if we don’t get to see Laurie having a shot at FB next season, it could determine if we need JAC at the $’s he will probably be wanting, that money saved could buy us a good 7 or other position that need filling.

last edited by TigerWest

@AJ1 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Apparently 3 players from today’s Tribal League will be selected for a train and trial programme

Ah that’s what it was, I didn’t hear the whole thing. Plenty of talent there

So we don’t have Steve widders on a deal but there’s a chance we could sign him for it. Sorry for the confusion

last edited by JC99

Save the money on others like Laurie

The buggers have done it again, got me believing that next season may be the start of something exciting for the club. Damn 😂😂😂

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme