Signing Suggestions & Rumours

• @The_Patriot said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@cochise said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@The_Patriot said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Thats the reality of it. he would be insane to give up on the chance he has. I still think he is half a chance to make the 53. He is much more suited than Hayne.
    The Jets however can stash him on the PS if they so choose.
    That said give him an option in case he ever comes back.

The thing that has me doubting him a little is he wasn’t actually picked up by a team.

Fair point but i back him to show up in the Pre Season.

I will be watching all the jets preseason games closely to see how he goes!

• First let me say I’m as disillusioned as the next die hard tigers fan on here about ANOTHER rebuild coming at the end of next season when we will have plenty of cash, however I think there is a distinct difference this time around, hopefully anyway!!

If you look at the Cleary Gate rebuild he had plenty of cash available but I think there were three major factors going against him.

1. We had the “Big 4” drama which I think had a pretty big negative impact on attracting quality players.

2. Cleary was new to the club and to be quite honest I don’t think he really had a profile that had quality players wanting to come here and play with/for him.

3. We had been through several coaches in a very short period and were a basket case off the field which wouldn’t have been appealing to any player wanting to further their career.

This time around, all things being equal, we will have a proven premiership winning coach on board that has developed his style of play, a much more stable club and hopefully by then a COE on the way. All of a sudden we are a different prospect and the caliber of player we should attract will not be in the same budget bin category that Cleary purchased.

• Yes @tigerap, I certainly get the rest and thanks for the laugh at the thought of you actually doing it.
    You’re a lucky man being able to have a father/son day out at the footy. Treasure the time you spend together ☺

• @beachtiger True, the key is to keep Madge for the long term, this constant changing of coaches has to stop, even if we don’t get results for the next year.

• @Madge said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@beachtiger True, the key is to keep Madge for the long term, this constant changing of coaches has to stop, even if we don’t get results for the next year.

Yeah mate you are spot on, I think he is the foundation to ensure stability and give us the chance to recruit some quality players.

• @beachtiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Madge said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@beachtiger True, the key is to keep Madge for the long term, this constant changing of coaches has to stop, even if we don’t get results for the next year.

Yeah mate you are spot on, I think he is the foundation to ensure stability and give us the chance to recruit some quality players.

He is a quality no nonsense coach this joint has needed for years. It will be a hard road as no one knew the magnitude of the salary cap mess the snake left us in. It was the end of the world when Farah had a back ended 900k deal. We have near 3m of reserve grade talent. If Madge can get the team anywhere it’s nothing short of Herculean.

• @beachtiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

First let me say I’m as disillusioned as the next die hard tigers fan on here about ANOTHER rebuild coming at the end of next season when we will have plenty of cash, however I think there is a distinct difference this time around, hopefully anyway!!

If you look at the Cleary Gate rebuild he had plenty of cash available but I think there were three major factors going against him.

1. We had the “Big 4” drama which I think had a pretty big negative impact on attracting quality players.

2. Cleary was new to the club and to be quite honest I don’t think he really had a profile that had quality players wanting to come here and play with/for him.

3. We had been through several coaches in a very short period and were a basket case off the field which wouldn’t have been appealing to any player wanting to further their career.

This time around, all things being equal, we will have a proven premiership winning coach on board that has developed his style of play, a much more stable club and hopefully by then a COE on the way. All of a sudden we are a different prospect and the caliber of player we should attract will not be in the same budget bin category that Cleary purchased.

Reasoned points. Also he doesn’t have the CV Madge has (premierships in England and Australia.)

• @iofthetigers said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@jrtiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@iofthetigers are we looking at these players for development like Simpkin, or for the top squad in 2020?

I don’t know but unlike Simpkins all 3 are Intrust cup players & are still under contract at the Broncos

So from what you’re saying its the like of Patrick Mago and George Fai. Not sure they’re going to make a difference for us. Gambling on younger talent in the hopes of finding a gem may be the go

• @MAGPIES1963 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Yes @tigerap, I certainly get the rest and thanks for the laugh at the thought of you actually doing it.
    You’re a lucky man being able to have a father/son day out at the footy. Treasure the time you spend together ☺

@MAGPIES1963 man hug to you mate…

• @balmain-boy Jack Martin (prop) and Tesi Niu (centre/fullback) are two of the younger Broncos playing Intrust. I am sure a few more of the younger players are now playing.

• @Cultured_Bogan Premierships in Australia and England, AND coached the Kiwis (including a victory over Australia)

• @pawsandclaws1 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@balmain-boy Jack Martin (prop) and Tesi Niu (centre/fullback) are two of the younger Broncos playing Intrust. I am sure a few more of the younger players are now playing.

Ilikena Vudogo (centre) starred for Fiji at last year’s World Rugby Under the 20s
    Izaia Perese (centre) Rising Queensland rugby star, great attacking centre but can get lost in defence.

• @Sunnycoast_tiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@pawsandclaws1 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@balmain-boy Jack Martin (prop) and Tesi Niu (centre/fullback) are two of the younger Broncos playing Intrust. I am sure a few more of the younger players are now playing.

Ilikena Vudogo (centre) starred for Fiji at last year’s World Rugby Under the 20s
    Izaia Perese (centre) Rising Queensland rugby star, great attacking centre but can get lost in defence.

No Rugger players Pleeeeeease!!!

• Scott Prince

• @TheDaBoss said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Just heard a rumour that tyson frizell wants out of dragons… asking for a release… likely to sign with rorters…oh what a surprise…

Wouldnt mind him

Since been shot down but you have to ask the question. If Frizell did ask for a release to join the Roosters, considering nobody is allowed to talk to him until November 1, then how would he know which club he was seeking a release to join?

Recent Topics