Signing Suggestions & Rumours

@Ponyo said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Cultured_Bogan You may be right there CB, another one could potentially be Elijah Taylor. They have a bit of utility about them being senior players and for the most part relatively consistent in their outputs. Jumping the gun a bit here - anything can happen, but I like what Madge has brought to the table contracts wise. He’ll reward those that perform to their potential no doubt. We’ll see from here at least

I wouldn’t mind seeing ET extended for another season personally.

@LeichhardtTiger Lomax next. We need depth in the centre position.

@pawsandclaws1 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@LeichhardtTiger Lomax next. We need depth in the centre position.

Ideally, but we may miss out on him for next year, may need to wait until 2021 for him.

If we are serious about doing some damage in 2020 we need a no9. People we’re talking about a bloke like Connor Watson and I agree he would fit the bill perfectly.
I don’t see anyone on our books at present who will get the job done at the level required. Some have talked about Britten as he was CC cup player of the year, I remind you Killer MAC was also CCplayer of the year and never made it at NRL level

@Ponyo said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@GNR4LIFE said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@LeichhardtTiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@TigerTiger Well, of the Players currently in the Squad I can see only 3 that might be worth extending Clark, Aloiai & Momorovski. So that’s Wednesday, Thursday & Friday of this week to go. Then LM on Monday, Mystery Prop on Tuesday and WTF next Wednesday.

Aloiai extended 3 months ago.

Aloiai & Mikaele extended.
13 players off contract 2020
Depending on performance -

Stay: Zac Cini, Oliver Clark, Paul Momirovski, Alex Seyfarth, Dylan Smith, Tommy Talau

Go: Matthew Eisenhuth, Robert Jennings, Chris Lawrence, Benji Marshall, Sam McIntyre, Chris McQueen, Elijah Taylor

Agree with that group of retain / go with the possible exception of Taylor. Maguire has had him change his style to more of an allrounder than just a defensive sweep. As long as he is not too expensive and wants to stay I’d give him a 2 year extension. I also think Eisenhuth and Clark are battling for the same spot in the squad and we can only continue with one and I reckon Clark jusr offers a bit more. I’d like to see Talau and Momirovski as the next 2 signed for extensions.

@supercoach - Brittain has though had quite a few people give him a good wrap over the year. Its not easy being stuck behind Cook, who has remained fit and on the field so its hard for him to really shine anywhere except CC. I’m happy enough to take a punt on both Brittain and Walters as mid 20’s players caught in very good club rosters with not much opportunity. WT can give them that opportunity.

In Madge we trust. Amen…

@GNR4LIFE I agree. Taylor is a workhorse and, like Eisenhouse, often do unnoticed good things, such as making desperate tackles in desperate situations. Yes, we need more dynamic players, but we also need players, on lesser money, who do this sort of work every game.

I’m a fan or Elijah Taylor’s workload in defense, but have lost my marbles soooooo many times when he lingers in the play the ball (often on 1 knee). Just so obvious to the refs, even when he’s not actually interfering. At least 1 penalty a game he costs us from this. Just get on your feet and square at marker for crying out loud.
I’m ok with or without his signing.

@supercoach said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

If we are serious about doing some damage in 2020 we need a no9. People we’re talking about a bloke like Connor Watson and I agree he would fit the bill perfectly.
I don’t see anyone on our books at present who will get the job done at the level required. Some have talked about Britten as he was CC cup player of the year, I remind you Killer MAC was also CCplayer of the year and never made it at NRL level

agree 100% man we need a 9, player who touches the ball the most & we don’t have one. Although connor watson in my opinion is not the guy. stop gap-yes.

@bigsiro said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@jadtiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Tiger_Steve said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

There’s a scene in Monty Python’s Life of Brian where a member of the Judean People’s Front turns to their leader and says, “it’s happening Stan, something is actually happening!!!”
Well I’m starting to feel that finally, after years and years of mishap, misfortune and plain incompetence; after many false starts, something is finally happening. Maybe now we can all start whistling to “always look on the bright side of life!!”

Not sure why we would want to be nailed up on a cross but Turdberg would approve

Cool comment guy. Well worked in.
This thread was definitely missing some veiled anti semitism.

Hilarious comment since i am part jewish myself

@bigsiro said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Tiger_Steve said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

There’s a scene in Monty Python’s Life of Brian where a member of the Judean People’s Front turns to their leader and says, “it’s happening Stan, something is actually happening!!!”
Well I’m starting to feel that finally, after years and years of mishap, misfortune and plain incompetence; after many false starts, something is finally happening. Maybe now we can all start whistling to “always look on the bright side of life!!”

Not sure why we would want to be nailed up on a cross but Turdberg would approve

Cool comment guy. Well worked in.
This thread was definitely missing some veiled anti semitism.

Hilarious comment since i am part jewish myself

I’m tempted to ask which part of you is part Jewish , but I won’t …

What does everyone think of Matt Prior, rumours going around that the ESL seems to be his next move as he’s off contract end of 2020

Could be a valuable pickup - very underrated prop imo

@teddy23 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

What does everyone think of Matt Prior, rumours going around that the ESL seems to be his next move as he’s off contract end of 2020

Could be a valuable pickup - very underrated prop imo

Big fan myself , but he is turning 33 next season

@happy_tiger

For a prop it isn’t that bad on a 1-2 year deal - some experienced added to the pack winning a premiership a few years ago

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.