Signing Suggestions & Rumours

@new-smoking-gun said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@Spartan117 said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Sign someone else

Likely just front end some contracts to have more money for 2021

I guess there’s always next next next year.

😛

If LM wanted to play for the Tigers he would sign today… that is how simple the equation is a million a year for 4 yrs at his age , honesty! who is this bloke .He does not rate the club and wants to play elsewhere get over it fellas!
You pay this kind of money for someone that wants and believes in your club …

@Snake said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

If LM wanted to play for the Tigers he would sign today… that is how simple the equation is a million a year for 4 yrs at his age , honesty! who is this bloke .He does not rate the club and wants to play elsewhere get over it fellas!
You pay this kind of money for someone that wants and believes in your club …

Isn’t that kind of like saying we shouldn’t sign any player forced out of another club?

@Curly_Tiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

As always, these are my estimates based on available information …

Based on our current 26 players for 2020 we have 15 of those already signed for 2021. Assuming Utoikamanu adds on to those for 2021, that leaves us with 14 open spots for 2021 with approx. $3.5m to spend on those 14 spots

If Latrell does sign and goes into 2021 at $1m that would leave 13 open spots with $2.5m to spend, an average of $190k per player which if you assume say 4 on the minimum (2021 $115k) leaves $2m for 9 spots at $225k each

So we aren’t near as flush with cash for 2021 as many seem to be estimating

As a reminder, 2021 still includes Packer ($700k), JRey ($750k) & Mbye ($750k), so opportunities there I guess but it’s never easy to move players on and any movement usually costs as well, as no one picks up the full salary if a move occurs

Yes but …there’s no point having the money if no one wants to come here…so sad😠

🤔

@Cultured_Bogan said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@avocadoontoast said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Went to post in latrell thread and seen it was closed but Stay tuned meeting with roosters yesterday to clarify position moving forward, they got their answer. Tigers and Souths revisiting this week. Titans unlikely but will also make a push. If it’s about money he will be a tiger 2020 and beyond.

Only way Souths could fit him in is if they got rid of walker, Gagai or Johnston + 1 other. The question is whether anyone would be willing to take any of those three close to full freight? I wouldn’t have thought so but I guess we’ll see.

Additionally, still can’t see Roosters releasing him to Souths in 2020, so that would have to be for 2021

I don’t think roosters would stop a Souths move but don’t think they would do them any favors cap wise. Ultimately McGuire wants playerS who want to play for the tigers. I wouldn’t sell the farm to buy latrel personally but I’d make him an offer slightly above market. If he fires he will attract more players for 2021 so would be worth it there. Tigers aren’t an aesthetically pleasing place to play. So paying slight overs on rep players is fine. I’m confident from what I know from both sides that IF he gets out of his final season of his deal, tigers will get him. It’s not about fit or history for them. It’s about money. And tigers have the most. Just depends if they want to open the cheque book up and take a gamble. And for a team that hasn’t played finals for 9 years, if suggest opening the book

I’d rather us throw a million a year at a Latrell than our recent purchases. If you’re going to blow money, blow it on a player in his prime.

Shorter bigger deals. Drop the 4th year offer 3 on 1.2 Mil a year. Make a statement. They have wasted More/equal money on worse players (reynolds packer mataulino mcqueen) for example. Tigers are an elite player away from 9th to top 4. Need a guy like latrell to legitimately compete. Just pay him. See what happens

I’d say we still need another prop and hooker myself to be top 4 material unless we got extremely lucky injury wise

🤔

@the_third said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

So the roosters see us as the next Newcastle. Basically no threat

All good for us. No complaints. Balmain against souths were not seen as threats in 1969.

@happy_tiger said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

Went to post in latrell thread and seen it was closed but Stay tuned meeting with roosters yesterday to clarify position moving forward, they got their answer. Tigers and Souths revisiting this week. Titans unlikely but will also make a push. If it’s about money he will be a tiger 2020 and beyond.

Only way Souths could fit him in is if they got rid of walker, Gagai or Johnston + 1 other. The question is whether anyone would be willing to take any of those three close to full freight? I wouldn’t have thought so but I guess we’ll see.

Additionally, still can’t see Roosters releasing him to Souths in 2020, so that would have to be for 2021

I don’t think roosters would stop a Souths move but don’t think they would do them any favors cap wise. Ultimately McGuire wants playerS who want to play for the tigers. I wouldn’t sell the farm to buy latrel personally but I’d make him an offer slightly above market. If he fires he will attract more players for 2021 so would be worth it there. Tigers aren’t an aesthetically pleasing place to play. So paying slight overs on rep players is fine. I’m confident from what I know from both sides that IF he gets out of his final season of his deal, tigers will get him. It’s not about fit or history for them. It’s about money. And tigers have the most. Just depends if they want to open the cheque book up and take a gamble. And for a team that hasn’t played finals for 9 years, if suggest opening the book

I’d rather us throw a million a year at a Latrell than our recent purchases. If you’re going to blow money, blow it on a player in his prime.

Shorter bigger deals. Drop the 4th year offer 3 on 1.2 Mil a year. Make a statement. They have wasted More/equal money on worse players (reynolds packer mataulino mcqueen) for example. Tigers are an elite player away from 9th to top 4. Need a guy like latrell to legitimately compete. Just pay him. See what happens

I’d say we still need another prop and hooker myself to be top 4 material unless we got extremely lucky injury wise

The form of props (outside of a few elite guys) seems to wax and wane quite a lot. RCG and Boyd were playing for Australia not long ago. Tamou and Merrin went from commanding big contracts to being over-priced and average very quickly. Kane Evans looked good briefly for the Roosters then was garbage for Parra but started to improve a bit at the back end of last year. We’ve got a young pack who are every chance of improving next year. I’d love an elite prop like JWH or Papalii, but there are none available so there’s no point being worried about it.
Hooker is a big problem, but at least they’re made steps for the longer term with Simpkin.

@Newtown said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

@the_third said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

So the roosters see us as the next Newcastle. Basically no threat

All good for us. No complaints. Balmain against souths were not seen as threats in 1969.

Wash your mouth out…

@Nelson said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

The form of props (outside of a few elite guys) seems to wax and wane quite a lot. RCG and Boyd were playing for Australia not long ago. Tamou and Merrin went from commanding big contracts to being over-priced and average very quickly. Kane Evans looked good briefly for the Roosters then was garbage for Parra but started to improve a bit at the back end of last year. We’ve got a young pack who are every chance of improving next year. I’d love an elite prop like JWH or Papalii, but there are none available so there’s no point being worried about it.
Hooker is a big problem, but at least they’re made steps for the longer term with Simpkin.

LM will make us a definite Top 8 chance , but that Top 4 of Roosters ,Melbourne Canberra and Parra will be extremely hard to break into

Actually many might argue this , but if any side might drop out of that Top 4 it might be the Roosters , especially with no Cronk and possibly no LM

Flanagan isn’t worthy of tying Cronk’s shoelaces , let alone stepping into his shoes

🤔

If we got a pick on what prop we could sign , in my humble opinion it has to be SST

If we got a pick on what prop we could sign , in my humble opinion it has to be SST

Would’ve been my pick too. Shame that he extended with the chooks.

I’d probably go with Haas given his age and potential for even further development.

@Compass said in Signing Suggestions & Rumours:

I think it’s like this.

Easts want him to play with Tigers next year.
He wants to play for Souths as first choice, and they are having a go despite their public denials. But it’s not a done deal if the Tiges can put another serious offer down.

How do you know he wants to play for South’s?

❓

I’d probably go with Haas given his age and potential for even further development.

It really was a touch and go call …I went for SST as he won’t be called upon for SOO

I think Mitchell has the potential to be another massive superstar signing like Bird, Milford, Hunt etc. Remember how excited everyone was about those million dollar bums. For all we know Talau may be the next LM…

👍❓

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.