Suli

• Banned

I believe this guy is our best backrow prospect in a long time.

Yes i know he’s a centre, but he oozes edge backrow. His ability to hit the line into the opposition forward pack and continue forward, earning us a penalty more than any other player ever has is incredible for an 18 year old. We will have to put up with him outwide for a couple more years until his body matures, but when it does he could be anything in closer. He looks to have too many deficiencies with his size to stay in the centres long term, as much as we need a big centre, i think this kid is a natural looking backrower.

• Watching him over the last few weeks playing at Centre its very obvious he could easily become a edge backrower.

Once he matures and gains greater concentration, I’d say that is a logical choice!

• Well he’s definitely not a winger in my eyes. But I believe centre is his spot, probably not left side tho. However Cleary is probably scared to put him on Nofa’s side as David has no idea how to defend.

• He’d wanna learn how to tackle and develop some lateral movement then

• Probably a natural progression, but hope he can keep the weight off and maintain pace to play at centre. Should get a lot stronger as his body develops over the next couple of years which is something to look forward to.

• I reckon he looks good. I don’t see any need to move him to the backrow yet.

I’d like to see a right side of Nofo, Suli and Idris (backrow).

• @:

I reckon he looks good. I don’t see any need to move him to the backrow yet.

I’d like to see a right side of Nofo, Suli and Idris (backrow).

Thats alot of strength… similar to when Canberra have Rapana; BJ; Papalii

• Can he tackle?

• I agree, another pre-season or two to get his physique and conditioning up, but at 18 he really dents the line.

• Hes exactly the same body type as leilua from canberra. I think il leave in centres. Terrorize teams in a couple of years.

• He’s a weapon in the making at only 18. His post contact metres are very impressive and I’m very interested to see how he develops on the field, and in the gym over the next couple of years because I reckon his playing weight will easily end up being 110kg or more. The big question will be how much speed does he retain? I think backrow looks more likely at this stage but time will tell.

• @:

He’s a weapon in the making at only 18. His post contact metres are very impressive and I’m very interested to see how he develops on the field, and in the gym over the next couple of years because I reckon his playing weight will easily end up being 110kg or more. The big question will be how much speed does he retain? I think backrow looks more likely at this stage but time will tell.

He could be very much like Tuiaki was,a powerhouse on the wing,but I think Sheens was getting him ready for the backrow until the horrific injury struck him…

• @:

He’s a weapon in the making at only 18. His post contact metres are very impressive and I’m very interested to see how he develops on the field, and in the gym over the next couple of years because I reckon his playing weight will easily end up being 110kg or more. The big question will be how much speed does he retain? I think backrow looks more likely at this stage but time will tell.

They need to keep him away from the big weights. Keep his natural frame with lean muscle so he maintains his speed, mobility and stamina.

• I have been so impressed with this kid over the first two months of the season. Sure he has made some rookie errors, but he always pitches in and helps to do the hard carries out of our own end. He has not been fed well from the Center, and as such he has not had an opportunity to score those typical winger type tries.

I think he is a great back prospect so I am not sure why we would look to move him to back row when we lack outside backs anyway. In terms of defence, he would have the security of tackling in a pack rather than being exposed in the center or wing position. We need a tall center that can break tackles. I am yet to see whether he is capable of feeding good ball to the winger himself.

I think he has been the high point in an otherwise disappointing team.

• I hope the prospect of shifting him to the back-row isn’t a replay of Rowdy all over again. 😆

Recent Topics