Latrell Mitchell and Connor Watson

• I thought I’d make a thread on it, thinking if I put it in the contracts thread it would just get buried.

Latrell Mitchell imo will be the next GI maybe even better, he’s currently playing in the centres with his preferred position at fullback. With Roosters signing Tede$co and Connor Watson also waiting in line, along with the fact Latrell’s been dropped for the past two weeks we need to make a play for him offer him more $ and that fullback spot, and to also get a cheeky jab at the Roosters fans will be priceless. Also offer Watson a 5/8 spot, can be a bargaining chip to get Mitchell as well. I’ve read somewhere that we’re linked to Watson, I’ll try find the article. He was also named player of the tournament in the Auckland 9’s this year.

1. Latrell Mitchell
    6. Connor Watson
    7. Luke Brooks

Behind a strong pack, that could soon be the best spine in the NRL.

Thoughts?

Highlights in 2016 for those who are interested

Latrell Mitchell:

Connor Watson:

• I think the only way we get either of these guys is if we release teddy this year in a swap deal… i dont see the chooks releasing them out of their contracts other than for teddy

• is it just me or does mitchell look super slow? he’s powerful up strong like GI but doesn’t have the speed or the acceleration from what i can see?

waton doesnt have the organisation or the kicking game of a half that we need. we need a big name in the #6 or #7- not a potential or an ESL signing

• Banned

@:

is it just me or does mitchell look super slow? he’s powerful up strong like GI but doesn’t have the speed or the acceleration from what i can see?

waton doesnt have the organisation or the kicking game of a half that we need. we need a big name in the #6 or #7- not a potential or an ESL signing

I dont think Mitchell is slow, its just his running style. Sort of like Inglis and Justin Hodges.
    I would take voth this year in a swap for Teddy

• Banned

Easts will somehow manage to sign Tedesco and still hang onto these guys as well - they always do. They will offload only the players they want to offload i.e. SKD, Guerra, Evans etc

• Mitchell is not leaving the Roosters he is a star in the making just a few years away. Watson would be an option as he is a fullback 5/8 and they have Teddy and Keary.

• Does sound like Mitchell could do with a change in scenery. Might feel he has something to prove.

I’m sure Cleary is all over the various options but it would be nice to snare at least of these two. Obviously the Roosters are organising a shuffle to their list in making way for Tedesco.

• both look real talents but im not sure if either are what we need. i think for us we need guys with experience in the 1/6. weve been paying overs for guys ‘with potential’ ever since 2003 and its paid dividends for 3 of those years.

i do believe the roosters will be releasing at least one of those, probably watson.

• The thing is where will they play Mitchell, I don’t think he wants to play centres and they’ve just singed our superstar in Tedesco who is still very young at fullback. And with Watson same goes for that fullback spot and I don’t think Keary is going anywhere the way he is playing and he’s still young.

We did it at the Tigers, we wanted to keep Austin and TMM but we couldn’t cause we saw Moses and Brooks as better options, the Roosters are gonna have to do the same thing if they can’t offer them the positions and consistent first grade they deserve.

It’s very possible

• @:

I thought I’d make a thread on it, thinking if I put it in the contracts thread it would just get buried.

Latrell Mitchell imo will be the next GI maybe even better, he’s currently playing in the centres with his preferred position at fullback. With Roosters signing Tede$co and Connor Watson also waiting in line, along with the fact Latrell’s been dropped for the past two weeks we need to make a play for him offer him more $ and that fullback spot, and to also get a cheeky jab at the Roosters fans will be priceless. Also offer Watson a 5/8 spot, can be a bargaining chip to get Mitchell as well. I’ve read somewhere that we’re linked to Watson, I’ll try find the article. He was also named player of the tournament in the Auckland 9’s this year.

1. Latrell Mitchell
    6. Connor Watson
    7. Luke Brooks

Behind a strong pack, that could soon be the best spine in the NRL.

Thoughts?

Highlights in 2016 for those who are interested

Latrell Mitchell:

Connor Watson:

😆 You are dreaming!

• ForumSupporter

Are these suggested signings to the Wests Tigers or rumoured to be Wests Tiger signings…?

• @:

Are these suggested signings to the Wests Tigers or rumoured to be Wests Tiger signings…?

Connor Watson is rumoured, I’ll find the article

Latrell is a suggestion

• @:

both look real talents but im not sure if either are what we need. i think for us we need guys with experience in the 1/6. weve been paying overs for guys ‘with potential’ ever since 2003 and its paid dividends for 3 of those years.

i do believe the roosters will be releasing at least one of those, probably watson.

Totally agree. I wanna challenge for the comp next year, we need quality experienced guys right now. Enough with over priced potential.

• I think they’ll get rid of SKD and Ferguson before these two, but it wouldn’t hurt to make an approach.

Recent Topics