WESTS TIGERS AIM TO OVERCOME 'BOGEY' TEAM

WESTS TIGERS AIM TO OVERCOME ‘BOGEY’ TEAM
By Wayne Cousins
19/04/2010 2:36:46 PM
Wests Tigers will be searching for just its third win at CUA Stadium when the team travels to the foot of the mountains on Saturday, April 24, to tackle the Penrith Panthers in round seven of the Telstra Premiership.

In nine matches at CUA Stadium since the joint venture began in 2000, Penrith have recorded seven wins to Wests Tigers’ two. The last time Wests Tigers won at CUA Stadium was in 2006, a 24-20 victory.

The Panthers have proven to be a real bogey side for Wests Tigers, having won 13 of their 17 clashes since 2000, a factor not lost on coach Tim Sheens.

“We have overcome Parramatta and Manly in the last 12 months to win games we never have been able to win, so we have to get up for the Penrith game,’’ Sheens said.

Sheens is hoping to have prop Keith Galloway (shoulder) available when he names his team tomorrow. Former Penrith players Geoff Daniela and Junior Moors will be hoping to retain their places in the team beaten by the Bulldogs to take on their former team-mates.

Kick-off at CUA Stadium is 5.30pm.

HEAD TO HEAD

Played 17, Penrith 13, Wests Tigers 4

AT CUA STADIUM

Played 9, Penrith 7, Wests Tigers 2

LAST 8 CLASHES

2009 - PENRITH 26 d. WESTS TIGERS 10 at Leichhardt Oval;
PENRITH 42 d. WESTS TIGERS 22 at CUA Stadium.
2008 - PENRITH 24 d. WESTS TIGERS 10 at CUA Stadium;
PENRITH 30 d. WESTS TIGERS 8 at Campbelltown Sports Stadium.
2007 - WESTS TIGERS 43 d. PENRITH 26 at ANZ Stadium;
WESTS TIGERS 25 d. PENRITH 24 at CUA Stadium.
2006 - PENRITH 24 d. WESTS TIGERS 20 at CUA Stadium.
2005 - PENRITH 38 d. WESTS TIGERS 22 at ANZ Stadium.

Biggest Head-To-Head Wins

PENRITH 44 d. WESTS TIGERS 10 at CUA Stadium, 2001.
WESTS TIGERS 43 d. PENRITH 26 at ANZ Stadium, 2007.

I remember the win where Robbie slotted a field goal just before half time when we were up and we needed it! And the game where we came back from a huge deficit, in the night, notable for Payton’s ‘show and go’ try and Stuart Flanagan’s stunning attack.

C’mon tigers! It’s my birthday on the 24th, don’t let me down

I can’t wait to see how the boys back up from the loss with more than a week to recover/prepare!! The test of a good team is not loosing two in a row but this is going to be a tough match, I hope Galloway and Payto are both back and ready to rip in…COME ON TIGERS!!
:sign:

@fulleightyminutes:

Stuart Flanagan’s stunning attack.

Wow I wish I had have seen this.

If the Fonz picks a light weight team, or a couple of players that lack impact, they will beat us by 40.

@MacDougall:

@fulleightyminutes:

Stuart Flanagan’s stunning attack.

Wow I wish I had have seen this.

I know, seems like I am making it up. But he was outstanding.

daine laurie is set to return aswell, that alone should get us the win

geeze watched him play on saturday night at windsor,and even his own crowd supporters were giving it to him, he even threatened a windsor supporter that was giving it to him, to see him after tha game… honest words, he was woeful…

@tomcat:

geeze watched him play on saturday night at windsor,and even his own crowd supporters were giving it to him, he even threatened a windsor supporter that was giving it to him, to see him after tha game… honest words, he was woeful…

tomcat im not gonna lie a while back i used to despise your posts and go out of my way to get in an argument with you, but now ive turned the corner and enjoy your posts and not just because of your avi

😆h a v e a n o th e r B E E r R O N N I E 😆

@tomcat:

😆h a v e a n o th e r B E E r R O N N I E 😆

well it is monday tom, and its against my religion not to drink on mondays.

Maybe you too should get a room as fascinating as it is to see man love blooming or back on topic….

Panthers are the ultimate Wests Tigers bogey team IMO…doesn’t matter how good or bad either team is playing they have always troubled us…

Pencilled this one in at the start of the season as a must win game…big test for the Wests Tigers mentally…

Fire up boys give it to the Panfers for once… :deadhorse:

@Geo.:

Maybe you too should get a room as fascinating as it is to see man love blooming or back on topic….

Panthers are the ultimate Wests Tigers bogey team IMO…doesn’t matter how good or bad either team is playing they have always troubled us…

Pencilled this one in at the start of the season as a must win game…big teat for the Wests Tigers mentally…

Fire up boys give it to the Panfers for once… :deadhorse:

dont worry geo, my feelings towards you are starting to turn around as well, maybe its the smirnoffs talkind but you are ok in my books mate, even though you are ouut to gat me

oh and yeah break that hoodoo (on topic post)

Will be interested to see how the boys turn-up. 2 energy sapping performances with minimal breaks in a row. They have some more time this week. Will need to be mentally ready and hopefully a big side is named as we will need them.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme