Ava - Sharks -[Official]...

Matt Logue‏ @mattlogue7 15m15 minutes ago
More
As reported first by @BuzzRothfield, I’m hearing @Cronulla_Sharks are closing in on the signature of @WestsTigers forward Ava Seumanufagai.

Possibly clearing space for Packer.

@:

Matt Logue‏ @mattlogue7 15m15 minutes ago
More
As reported first by @BuzzRothfield, I’m hearing @Cronulla_Sharks are closing in on the signature of @WestsTigers forward Ava Seumanufagai.

Possibly clearing space for Packer.

Ah, the Tiger Sharks retirement home

I would actually miss him more than i would miss woods. Starting to come good.

Be a shame to lose him, but we will be a strong side with or without him in '18.

@:

Be a shame to lose him, but we will be a strong side with or without him in '18.

Yep agree but I suppose this is the definition of “putting a broom” through the joint.

Why are you doing this to me?!

I like the guy. But really, I want these blokes to own the middle and he has never done that.

Ivan obviously knows what he wants from his front rowers so if not re-signed I guess that Ava does not fit into that category or the Sharks offered him considerably more than the Tigers.

I think its not that we don’t want him but the Sharks want him more and he wants out. Also I think he is in Isaac Moses’s stable and he seems hell bent on getting his troops out of Concord

He’s a good guy Ava, does the right things consistently, don’t think he will hit major heights but I always thought of him as a great compliment to higher impact/output props. I’m surprised in some ways, I always thought Ava would keep that role with us.

Maybe he has higher ambitions for himself? Sharkies tend to play big backrowers as props. Fifita and Latimore are the only fair-dinkum props they have right now.

As TopTiger notes, maybe Ava isn’t of the mold Cleary wants, or his offer from us is not matching Sharks. One thing I like, if Sharks are paying more than us, a confidence now for Tigers to let players go and look for replacements better suited to our available budget / need. The value game, as SG has been repeatedly drumming.

ALSO really keen to know what Cleary thinks about the next line guys like Felise, Tatola, Mikaele. Felise is contracted until end 2018, Tatola end of this year. Maybe some of them are in line for being promoted.

Tim Grant, how does he fit into all of this? Word was he was exploring his options and Cleary was the one who dumped him from Penrith.

He’s a worker. You need a balance of workers and impact players in your pack. Woods, Grant, Felise and Ava are all workers. Ava is a solid no frills prop. Every side needs a player like that on like 200k. If he wants more than that you can replace him.

Not really fussed as long as his replacement better

On the off chance we keep Woods, he’ll be back to the bench anyway. If we can land Packer his loss his canceled out.

If Ava and Woods leave we are going to need at least two more competent props.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.