Couldn't care less

Am I the only who doesn’t happen with our so called heart and soul juniors?

This is the best thing that has ever happened to the club (with the exception of 05 premiership). The impact cleary has had since joining shows loyalty is well and true - players to coaches.

I remember watching tedesco debut against the Sharks at leichardt when he got injured and was out for ages… We stuck by him, invested in him, built players around him. I actually don’t think he’s worth 15% of the salary cap… If he gets injured again (which is highly likely) he will spend half the season on the sideline… The club has been loyal to him… If we wants to leave, good luck at the roosters who will offload him quicker than any club in the comp if something goes wrong…

We offloaded Austin to make way for Moses.

We offered a prop 900k.

These guys are left over poison from the farah days… I appreciate these guys are passionate and may have all good intentions… I don’t know if it’s a sense of entitlement, control - and really who cares now.

It’s weird to say this, but I think I’d prefer them to all leave (for certain) so we can start this new era…

Haven’t been this pumped in ages.

Agree with the overall sentiment of your post.

The club has ripped a few band aids off in the last 12 months. They have a very good opportunity to start from the ground up, and look to be acting on it.

I wonder how things would have panned out if there wasn’t a majority shareholder on the board. I honestly think (and this is as a former Balmain fan,) the best thing to happen to this club was have one of the two take a majority shareholding in order to give the place some direction. These changes have started from the top.

Yep. Well said. The culture change we have been asking for is happening.
Some of the snowflakes in the team won’t like it and that’s ok.
I think the bus is about to make a drop off at Belmore and Bondi.
Express service into a bright future after that.

Would of been ideal to keep Tedesco but at what cost? Still 3/4 quality signings away from being a threat next year but tigers have the money in the bank to make it happen.

Developing juniors is over rated. Tigers best seasons came when they actually brought players in. With the exception of Farah and Tedesco it’s been pretty miss miss in this department.

The true gauge of a players quality is this… how many of your players would be a walk up start in every other team in the comp?

You look at the current Tigers team list and you can honestly say that’s 2 players.

Tigers literally have no top line centres or wingers though they have let plenty go over the years. (Koro and JAC) no top tier back rowers one decent prop and a couple of over rated halves. So really what has development done? It’s just produced a below average team for pretty much 11 years. Cleary will bring in a shift in attitude and get a good balance. Will upset a few fans who love local talent but in all reality, if you want to win and be at the top, you gotta buy quality players. Half the team should atleast be.

I personally don’t care who stays or who goes. For a club in shambles and embarrassment to the league we don’t seem to be having much trouble attracting decent players.

I don’t care if you are a future immortal or a barely capable first grader. Leave it all on the field each game and I will follow the team to the gates of Hell

@:

The true gauge of a players quality is this… how many of your players would be a walk up start in every other team in the comp?

You look at the current Tigers team list and you can honestly say that’s 2 players.

Best comment in absolutely ages.

This is going to be my measure of quality. The three new names in Matalino, Reynolds and McQueen are all " Maybe"

Apart from woods and teddy… we got none

Was gutted when heard they were leaving especially Tedesco and wasn’t even that into last weeks match. But moved on now and looking forward to the future. Will be hard supporting the 3 players that want out so desperately for rest of season but will be support the rest of the team. Can’t wait to see who else Clearly brings to the club.

@:

@:

This is going to be my measure of quality. The three new names in Matalino, Reynolds and McQueen are all " Maybe"

poor nofa always the forgotten man

@:

@:

@:

Love the guy, but he wouldn’t be a walk up start to most of the top 8 teams.

@:

@:

@:

Where do you rate nofo out of the 36 wingers in the comp?

Top 5 easy. Nofa is a weapon!

@:

@:

@:

@:

Love the guy, but he wouldn’t be a walk up start to most of the top 8 teams.

thats crap. just quickly:

Melbourne he’d make over JAC
Saints he’d make, i can 100% tell you they made him an offer for next year
Sharks, absolutely he’d be their best winger
Broncos ok maybe not
Roosters, there’s a reason they haven’t resigned Tupou

thats jus the top 5

I don’t buy the loyalty thing, all players when off contract are free to do what they want and really don’t owe the club anything. Days gone by it was different, but loyalty is a two way street and after the Farah thing its now every man for himself. Okay I think the three players in question have not handled the situation very well, but I guess they have been guided by others.

Now the real positive to come out of all this is the way the club and Cleary have responded and I get the feeling come 2018 we might not have the most skilful 17 players but we are going to have a lot harder and mentally stronger team. We still need to buy a couple more quality players, but we are headed in the right direction.

Every now and again all clubs need a major upheaval and maybe in a year or two we will be thanking the big three for leaving and forcing change

I agree with your thread. We haven’t achieved anything with them in the team. So lets try something different. A new coach, new culture and players who dont think they are so entitled. If we can just add lolohea or a decent fullback then im actually very excited about 2018 with an all round better team.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme