Who will make NRL?

First I have to say I have not watched as much NYC this year as I did last year.

Watching last year in my opinion the three guys that stood out as future NRL players were: Lui, A. Fifita and Woods. Two have already played NRL. Last year I was also impressed with Hyland work rate.

So my question is for all the people who regularly watch NYC is who from this years squad will make NRL?

Begovich, Murdoch, Mullaney, Finau, Savao, The Clarkes, Joel Wisbey … None are without their chances.

I like the way Finau plays on the wing, good speed, hits the line hard and fights hard in tackles, he’s one to kee an eye IMO. Mullaney goes well at the moment but is a long way off FG yet. He needs to do what Lachlan Coote did and put on 10kg of muscle. Aaron Woods, Neil Begovich and Ben Murdoch will all play FG IMO. Woods in particular I am keen to see develop. He’s got the makings of a very dominant front rower. Junior Roqica is still very young and looks a bit lazy still, but if he improves his discipline and work ethic he will probably play FG too. Oh, Matt Hyland will also make it given how hard he works.

what is all the fuss about hyland?

you can go to any park football team anywhere in nsw/qld and find blokes who do the job he does.

he has ZERO impact in attack and drops a lot of ball. in the foundation cup trial he missed two tackles that lead directly to tries. i dont think he is even state cup standard.

@fergiefurr:

you can go to any park football team anywhere in nsw/qld and find blokes who do the job he does.

he has ZERO impact in attack and drops a lot of ball. in the foundation cup trial he missed two tackles that lead directly to tries. i dont think he is even state cup standard.

You haven’t watched a lot of the 20’s this year have you?

Hyland has always been touted as the next big thing throughout the junior ranks.

Time will tell though

@Geo.:

@fergiefurr:

You haven’t watched a lot of the 20’s this year have you?

no I haven’t, however I saw enough the previous 2 years in order to form an accurate opinion. Please tell which part of my assessment is wrong?

Well his attack has improved lets say that…

hyland is a workhorse…he should be infront of corby

corby is going ok,though not a real standout in state cup.

@Balmain Tiger:

hyland is a workhorse…he should be infront of corby

Except that one’s a lock and the other is a hooker…

Corby is doing better than alright…seems his problem for some is that his names not Pritchard…

oh yeah, i take it youv’e watched him play every game this year ,g.e.o ?

3 of them and reports from the another that he was one of our best….better go of to OPSM…just in case… 😉

i think you need a seeing eye dog , geo… :nerd: oh and i think your telling porkies . 😉

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme