Where is Cronk going? will we be able to raid the Eels or Panthers?

Where is Cooper Cronk going?

Ok I know that now we have signed Reynolds, Cronk is not an option. (I had thought put Cronk at half, Brooks at 5/8 and make him learn).

Now CC is the brains behind the Storm attacking structure, he is a key part of their team and even at 34 I would imagine that teams would want to jump on him. But:
Manly have DCE, We have Reynolds+Brooks, Sharks Moloney+Townsend, Rabbits Reynolds, Knights Hodgkinson, Bulldogs Foran + ?, Dragons Widdop + Hunt, Eels Gutherson + Norman, Panthers Cleary + ?

Why does this matter to the Tigers? Because whoever signs him is going to be a bomb team, but will have to shed players. I can’t imagine him going begging, I just can’t. Everyone will want to offer him a coaching assistant role, but the 2 year contract is what he will want and the clubs will shirk that.

But I can only see the Dogs, Eels and Panthers putting their hand up for him. Maybe the Rabbits at a stretch if Reynolds can be demoted to 5/8 but I doubt this. I also can’t see the Dogs having more money for Cronk…

So who do we want to raid in the Eels or Panthers? (or any other team crazy enough to sign two halfbacks?)

Just a guess I think Cronk will retire

@:

Where is Cooper Cronk going?
But I can only see the Dogs, Eels and Panthers putting their hand up for him. Maybe the Rabbits at a stretch if Reynolds can be demoted to 5/8 but I doubt this. I also can’t see the Dogs having more money for Cronk…

So who do we want to raid in the Eels or Panthers? (or any other team crazy enough to sign two halfbacks?)

Souths will have a sniff for sure the way they are going,also the Chooks,they were after Moses only a few weeks ago,so that covers almost every Sydney Team,like Robbie i can’t see him wanting to drive to Newcastle a few times a week.

If bulldogs make a play on cronk after signing woods foran and dugan il go off.

They have 8-9 players taking over 5mill of the cap.
add cronk and thats 6mill. no way …

Cronk 90% will retire, if he plays there was some talk Parra, but Norman,Moses and Cronk doesn’t really work. Dogs can’t get Foran Woods and Cronk under the cap plus maybe Dugan and the Chooks don’t need him

Cronk will 100% retire IMO …nothing to prove… spend his time doing Media along with Tara…

Good riddance.

But as a QUEENSLANDER,
You will be missed.

could be penrith? or maybe cronulla alongside maloney

@:

Cronk will 100% retire IMO …nothing to prove… spend his time doing Media along with Tara…

Yeah I don’t think he’s thrilled by playing for a Sydney based side and at 34 he’ll drift off into a gig with channel 9 or Fox I reckon.

Basically no team now can realistically afford him at $1 mill per year, or the ones that have their halves committed for 2018 anyway.
Going to Newcastle would be a dud move, couldn’t see him stooping that low.
His Mrs would wear the pants in their relationship so whatever she demands then that will be his decision.
Surely the Roosters have got a spare million $$$ to throw at him though, they are still 5mill under the cap if you ask them….

I would offer Cronk a role as halves coach for Brooks, Cronk won’t be running around for another club but as a coach we would get great value.

The only club I can see hum joining is the dogs.
But surely Dogs can’t afford Foran, Cronk, Woods, (possibly Dugan), Morris Twins, Graham, Jackson, Klemmer, Tolman all under the salary cap plus the rest of the squad. I think Dogs might get Cronk and then have to shed some players (Reynolds is a start).

I just can’t see dogs keeping their current squad with the inclusions of a couple big-name players. I personally think Cronk will retire. He will probably work for Fox Sports along with his wife.

HAve we considered that Cronk might not play for the money? He may just want to play for the love of it and not take a mill……just needs the right pep talk

@:

HAve we considered that Cronk might not play for the money? He may just want to play for the love of it and not take a mill……just needs the right pep talk

That’s what I am thinking.

He will want to join any club. He will want a role of some sort, but a role will be $50k (no idea what assistants get paid but I bet you it isn’t that good). So if he gets a contract, were talking $800K min. I mean he is 34, but next to Thurston probably the greatest halfback on the field at the moment (sorry Mitchell). Cronk is a great organiser, he rallies the team and gets them into position well. He is going to take a playing job ahead of anything else except TV because of the money involved.

He ain’t going to Newcastle, Trent Hodkinson has the nr7 and you won’t want to punt him.

Dogs could make the money appear for 1 season. If so get Josh to bring some mates from the front row!

Penrith is my best guess with Cleary shifting to 5/8 unless the Roosters get fed up with Pierce.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme