Can't watch

I just can’t be bothered watching this year’s games anymore. I’m happy to watch other teams (to an extent) because I love the game, but I just can’t bring myself to watch Moses, Tedesco and Woods and what is ultimately a team with key players I can’t be happy for.
I can’t see us making it into the finals, and even if we do, it will be short and more bitter than sweet.
As I said last week, watching the above three perform well (and celebrate together) will just make me sad and angry. I can’t get into the game. I can’t support them.
I don’t want us to get the spoon, but for me this season is a write off and I am just unable to emotionally invest in it.

Am I alone? Anyone got advice?

PS For me, Ivan Cleary and this forum community has been the season’s saving grace. So thank you.

I was the same last week. Was at work and got home with about 20 mins left. Had it on TV But wasn’t really focused on it. This week definitely more keen but didn’t trek the hr and half each way to Leichhardt like normally would. Will support team but definitely won’t be supporting Woods, Tedesco or Moses as have no respect for them.

OK mate…enjoy Downton Abby…

I’m totally apathetic. Don’t really know how I will feel watching, but I’ll be watching.

Bigsiro best advice I can give is focus on the positives (forget the three who are leaving, they are just players), there are lots of positives -

*Follow the progress of the Cleary coached team.
*The new game plans that Cleary will introduce as the weeks roll by.
*Follow the progress of young Luke Brooks, JJ Felise, Moses Suli etc.
*The new signings as they are announced.
*The team itself, as we get closer to making the eight (confidence for 2018).

There are lots more but I am sure you will know them once you get onto it.

There are negatives for sure - we have a million over the last five years - three guys leaving is not the end of the world Mate, we are all in this together. Think of us as the Wests Tigers off field team that are here for each other and the ones that are staying.

Plus signs all the way to 2018 and beyond. Don’t give up, they are the ones missing out and they will never play for the Mighty Tigers again after 2018 - poor sods!!!

@:

Bigsiro best advice I can give is focus on the positives (forget the three who are leaving, they are just players), there are lots of positives -

There are negatives for sure - we have a million over the last five years - three guys leaving is not the end of the world Mate, we are all in this together. Think of us as the Wests Tigers off field team that are here for each other and the ones that are staying.

Plus signs all the way to 2018 and beyond. Don’t give up, they are the ones missing out and they will never play for the Mighty Tigers again after 2018 - poor sods!!!

exactly!!! Things are on the up and this is when the stayers need the fans!!!

Just focused on Cleary and the WT jersey.

@:

Exactly this, plenty of positives to take from continuing to watch our games. And next year will be many times better as the cleanout is happening now and we’ll essentially have a clean slate with (what’s already beginning to look like) a very solid team.

It’s hard to watch when the bunker continues to screw up game after game

@:

I just can’t be bothered watching this year’s games anymore. I’m happy to watch other teams (to an extent) because I love the game, but I just can’t bring myself to watch Moses, Tedesco and Woods and what is ultimately a team with key players I can’t be happy for.
I can’t see us making it into the finals, and even if we do, it will be short and more bitter than sweet.
As I said last week, watching the above three perform well (and celebrate together) will just make me sad and angry. I can’t get into the game. I can’t support them.
I don’t want us to get the spoon, but for me this season is a write off and I am just unable to emotionally invest in it.

Am I alone? Anyone got advice?

PS For me, Ivan Cleary and this forum community has been the season’s saving grace. So thank you.

Bigsirro,hang in there mate,watch Ivan slowly transform this team into a well drilled unit,it will take time,the younger players will blossom under Ivan’s coaching and once the big3 have gone and the team gels together it will be awesome…and most of all,when the grub gets here he will get the joint jiving,mark my words,next year this place and the WTs as a whole will be the envy of the other NRL clubs…patience my friend…but for this year,do as I have done,I bought a stuffed dog to kick the crap out of while watching games like last night…I can’t help but wait until the next game the Tigers play,I’m passionate about rugby league and the Wests Tigers,I know I’m hopeless but that’s just me…

I have to admit I lost some passion for the game during the “Taylor Years”, but since Clearly has come on its like rekindled love. The Telly is almost permanently on the Fox League channel, and I’ve probably read and posted more on this forum in the last 3 months than in the previous 2 years.

I believe we, as fans, are at the beginning of a journey that will give us the competative football side that we have longed for. I’m extremely impressed with Clearly, I’m sure all are, and even the board has started moving in the right direction. The next few years may turn out to be better than we could have imagined, only a short while ago.

Unite, Commit, Achieve, we are Wests Tigers.

@:

I have to admit I lost some passion for the game during the “Taylor Years”, but since Clearly has come on its like rekindled love. The Telly is almost permanently on the Fox League channel, and I’ve probably read and posted more on this forum in the last 3 months than in the previous 2 years.

I believe we, as fans, are at the beginning of a journey that will give us the competative football side that we have longed for. I’m extremely impressed with Clearly, I’m sure all are, and even the board has started moving in the right direction. The next few years may turn out to be better than we could have imagined, only a short while ago.

Unite, Commit, Achieve, we are Wests Tigers.

Totally agree clokan,the thing for me is,over so many years we have had instability,player dramas(Hopa,Farah eg),board dramas,contract dramas and coach sackings.I would just love this club to be a stable and well run club with the team winning games and having a totally different culture about it…To me this year is the start of that stability for us and the common denominator and contributor to this is Ivan Cleary,great move getting him and I can’t wait for everything to fit into place…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme