Has there been a worse captain than Woods?

Just curious of people’s thoughts. I can’t think of one but perhaps there is. My thoughts were prompted by the Wests Tigers statement on Woods leaving. Particularly the sentence quoting Go “has become a great role model for his team mates”, kinda got ire up. Worst role model the club could possibly hope for in my opinion.

Didn’t Scott Prince do something similar?

he’s a good front rower, but probably the worst captain i’ve seen

Made decent runs going backwards but the worst captain for sure.

@:

No

Good prop but poor captain imo

@:

@:

No

I mean leaving the club when they were in a tough situation while he was captain. I don’t mean didn’t Scott Prince act like Aaron Woods.

No…none.

He has been absolutely a hoax. Assumed no responsibility, took no control, set out to look out for himself whilst things were difficult. Lied to fans, led other players astray, did nothing to try and steady the ship, avoided any responsibility to gather the troops together during adversity. Spoon fed Hooper and co, whilst avoiding Cleary. Could not even man up when asked to do so…

IMO his ONLY defense is that he is, literally, an intellectual midget.

It all may have just been too much for him to cope with. Absolutely hopeless.

@:

No…none.

He has been absolutely a hoax. Assumed no responsibility, took no control, set out to look out for himself whilst things were difficult. Lied to fans, led other players astray, did nothing to try and steady the ship, avoided any responsibility to gather the troops together during adversity. Spoon fed Hooper and co, whilst avoiding Cleary. Could not even man up when asked to do so…

IMO his ONLY defense is that he is, literally, an intellectual midget.

It all may have just been too much for him to cope with. Absolutely hopeless.

Pretty much sums it up for me.

Why not just be up front weeks ago and say “I am going”.

Why tell Hooper……who knew ages ago…yet not tell Cleary.

We ended up with farcical stuff like Hooper interviewing people and saying “they ARE GONE”, as he had been told. Yet Cleary had to face press conferences and say “I have not been told anything”.

Just be a ‘leader’ and tell the coach to his face from day one and explain to the supporters what was going on.

He is a disgrace.

The fans should demend his immediate sacking as captain after that garbage he served up on TV.

Complete disgrace.

@:

Bag out the club?? I don’t recall that.

@:

@:

Bag out the club?? I don’t recall that.

No, that’s not what I meant. I meant didn’t he leave the club when they were in a tough situation while he was captain?

Current captain bagging his club.
Don’t think I’ve ever seen it happen in the history of league.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme