Our club is unprofessional, how do you disagree?

@:

@:

When does Pascoe take some responsibility? Been there nearly 2 years and we’re still boasting about how many members we have. He should’ve had these contracts sorted months ago, instead of letting these entitled players that we’ve bent over backwards for dictate the terms.

How does he get the contracts sorted? Put a gun to their head?

They pandered to them to get them over the line and they still left anyway.

There’s a silver lining though. We’ve got a quality coach who won’t take crap, a full cap to spend and we’re ridding ourselves of players whom don’t want to be here. The start of an exciting era for the club which has coincided roughly with a majority board running the club.

Agreed 100%!

The “Big 4” wanted to see who the long term coach was. They were only staying if JT or Peyton was the coach. Their plans went south when Ivan came on board. Im guessing they were thinking Ivan wouldnt come and the club would have no choice but to give it to Peyton.

Woods’ excuses for leaving were weak at best. Love him or hate him, Robbie was playing reserve grade to be a one club player, Woods uses weak excuses and claims he wanted to be a one club player. If Woods wants to blame anyone for not playing finals footy, he can blame himself when he went missing during the last round against Canberra when he and the “Big 4” did nothing. Woods was the captain that day, the onus is on his shoulders and his alone.

I hope he doesnt wear another Tiger’s jersey again. He disgusts me.

A lot of this situation really doesn’t add up, and it is riddled with contradictions from any angle you take… Woods is doing exactly what we all thought he would - trying to convince us that he and his cohorts are innocent in all of this and that the club is entirely to blame for them leaving. Why? Why go to all of that trouble if it wasn’t true, unless they’re trying to cover something up… Being led with the agenda of Isaac Moses, trying to extract as much money as possible from the club before they sign a new contract. You couldn’t write this stuff… But it wouldn’t surprise me if true.

It’s almost become a conspiracy theory as to what the real issues are, why these players clearly want to leave the club and appear to loath it so much. Woods’ interview creates more questions than it answers - What management is he referring to for the most part? All generations, including the current board and CEO it would seem… Are we really still that bad? I find it hard to believe, because I’m still confused as to how they have apparently stuffed things up (in his eyes). Woods still hasn’t been able to articulate what the problem actually is, and I think most agree that it’s because it doesn’t exist.

‘The club is always in the media’ - Well that’s the media’s fault for putting us in there, not the clubs, and Woods’ fault that we’ve been in it all year… Weekly NRL 360/radio interviews don’t scream of someone who wants themselves/their club out of the media. Not to mention the dumb interview he volunteered for yesterday.

‘I didn’t get any support’ - Confused as to what support he was after? As far as I know a contract was already offered and they were waiting on a decision from him, all cards on the table from the club’s side… He should’ve been the one keeping up communication with the club.

And now he’s saying there wasn’t a formal contract offered until Cleary was on board… And we all know that can’t be true as it’s well known a contract had been on offer for quite some time, with even JT confirming this recently. Not sure who he’s trying to fool there… Maybe thought we’d all forgotten.

I’m glad Pascoe is doing an interview and I really hope he tells it like it is, and puts Woods to shame. We can take comfort in knowing that some players do want to be here - Nofa and to an extent Brooks, so that tells me the club can’t be as bad as Woods is talking up.

@:

@:

If im pascoe i go even further. Woods to dogs this year and lets get tolman or graham in a player swap. Moses to eels and hopefully we get Lolohea or TMM this year. Woods playing for tigers is toxic. He should never be allowed to play for us again. Ive never in my life seen someone conduct themselves the way he has.

Its not quite that simple.
They wouldnt be able to fit him in this year, and we are in no position to determine what they do.

I will wait until the interview is done, no point jumping the gun.
I agree we should get into media slanging matches, Im not sure how thei interview has been promoted as ….we saw JT come out smalling like roses after going on that show, who knows it may be good for the club.
Pascoe is no dummy…Woods however came across as a bit of a simpleton, not the sharpest tool…

With a player swap they could fit him in. It makes me sick seeing him in a tigers jersey after he keeps throwing our club under the bus.

@:

I wonder is Pascoe is professional enough to clean himself up a bit for the interview.
Unlike his earlier one , when both him and Go looked like they just got out of bed after a knight on the tiles , he looked completely unprofessional and Go had problems in staying awake, w

Yeah agree every time he fronts the press it looks like he has been out all night on the grog. As for Go, she looks like she just flew in on her broom.

They both present unprofessionally imo.

@:

@:

I wonder is Pascoe is professional enough to clean himself up a bit for the interview.
Unlike his earlier one , when both him and Go looked like they just got out of bed after a knight on the tiles , he looked completely unprofessional and Go had problems in staying awake, w

Yeah agree every time he fronts the press it looks like he has been out all night on the grog. As for Go, she looks like she just flew in on her broom.

They both present unprofessionally imo.

At least they work with the best interests of the club. Can’t get any less professional than Woods or Moses.

Does anyone know for a fact that Pascoe’s appearance on Wednesday hasn’t been pre-planned for some time? This may have been something booked weeks ago, for Tigers to talk about their direction moving forward, take the news away from Woodesco and Moses. He might have intended to go on there to talk about Cleary, the new signings, team focus this year, give the club’s position on the recent events of losing some key players.

The interview with Kelly Egan recently on Triple M, I thought it was a good one. The callers there clearly didn’t have an agenda to stick daggers into the club, they just wanted to hear the club’s position.

A lot of people in this thread are right - damned if you do and don’t. There’s been a lot of mud flung at Tigers and you can say “well if he keeps his mouth shut it will all die down”. On the other hand, sometimes silence is an admission of guilt.

I’d personally love to hear Pascoe rip Woods a new one. I wanted Clearly to rip Gallen a new one on Saturday night, but they are always so soft in their language.

So maybe Pascoe’s TV appearance was organised in planned response to Woods’ upcoming interview, or maybe it’s just chance. We’ll never really know, the interview is going to be very much about Woods now regardless of the background.

Personally, I’m happy for Pascoe to make public statements. I’m happy for club managers to be public faces. There are some real behind-the-scenes types in rugby league and they don’t necessarily do better or worse for being well-known or not. Phil Gould has a lot of pull working for Penrith, it doesn’t have to be bad to have a public profile. Everyone knows who Nick Politis is and the bloke rarely says anything ever.

I just feel when the management is attacked, as Tigers management is regularly, they are within their rights to go a bit public and make statements. It helps calm down a good number of fans, even just as a PR exercise. Just think of all the things Ivan Cleary has said recently and how many fans have warmed to him, how on-board the fans are with his message. Jason Taylor said almost the same things, but people just didn’t like his persona, despite the often glowing references from players; JT has always been fairly unpopular.

Pascoe speaks well, I am sure he’ll handle himself well. If he does this and Cleary keeps speaking to the media weekly, it gives the fans confidence. It’s not “faceless pencil pushers” but real-life people.

Or I’ll put it another way - why do people have faith in Cleary? We are 50% win rate with him so far. It’s because he says the right things in the right way, and you believe him. You get confidence as a fan from his confidence. Cleary says things, and you think you see those comments, that attempt at improvement, on the field.

Same goes for management. If they speak about their plan and you see it unfolding, it’s a good thing.
For all the talk of “basket case” club, 90% of that comes from external to the club, most Tigers fans in 2017 are more worried about player contribution / performance than management.

“Basket case” is the media pitch to add fire to a faltering story. It used to be about Tigers being unable to attract talent, but we have attracted talent, and it was about poor coaching or coaching feuds with players… well that’s gone, they are running out of angles, they are hanging their hats on Woodesco and Moses, plus the “basket case” line and throwing pot-shots at Marina Go.

Soon enough, these prominent players of an old system will be gone as well. Everything has been changed from top-down over the last few years, the board setup, chair, management, coach… it’s time for the players to change as well I think. Potter got rid of Benji, JT got rid of Farah, now Cleary is finishing the job.

For too long Tigers have been an underperforming club where players do not take responsibility for the lack of performance. Players like Benji and Woods become these famous highly-regarded players, even though their team is crap and they don’t carry them to victory too often. Then these players get too big for their boots and think the club should be bringing them the glory, instead of the other way around. Well they are being slowly cut out, it’s been painful but I think it’s ending.

Raiders are a blueprint for us, they’ve done the excising of big-mouthed half-performing footballers, it was tough, they had some lean years, but they are coming good. Their board was disrespected, their coach was half a joke, nobody wanted to sign with them… and now, they stuck to their guns, got the right type of players, signed ability rather than ego, grit rather than glamour, and now they are a good side, crowds are up, coach has won his respect back.

@:

@:

When does Pascoe take some responsibility? Been there nearly 2 years and we’re still boasting about how many members we have. He should’ve had these contracts sorted months ago, instead of letting these entitled players that we’ve bent over backwards for dictate the terms.

There’s a silver lining though. We’ve got a quality coach who won’t take crap, a full cap to spend and we’re ridding ourselves of players whom don’t want to be here. The start of an exciting era for the club which has coincided roughly with a majority board running the club.

Kelly Egan was quoted as saying each time the club and the players reached agreement they would return to the next meeting anticipating the players putting pen to paper for Isaac Moses to turn up with a new list of requirements that had never been previously discussed. They were never going to stay.

@:

@:

@:

Kelly Egan was quoted as saying each time the club and the players reached agreement they would return to the next meeting anticipating the players putting pen to paper for Isaac Moses to turn up with a new list of requirements that had never been previously discussed. They were never going to stay.

Bingo. Seems apparent now that we were never in it.

With Cleary already getting the boys to compete where JT seemed to not be able to, it will be great to see what sort of tilt we have next year when he has his own squad, and players that are actually coming to play under him.

@:

@:

@:

Woods says he expected to be a one club man, so how have we lost him? And he will be the biggest loss, he will be playing SOO and international football for years yet. And he was ours, and this stupid club somehow managed to lose him.

He had no intention what so ever to sign with us, none. The club didn’t lose him, not only offered him a good contract but made it clear he had Tedesco were priorities.

He had months to sign, but chose not to, yet still felt the need to drag it out and make it harder for us to sign replacements.

Exactly. These things had no intention of signing with the Tigers unless they got everything their own way. They expected JT to sign and for the club to sign Wehbe and his masseuse. Once JT and Wehbe had their little tiff then the whole thing was a done deal.

The club has handled this professionally. This is nothing more than cutting out cancer. Yes it hurts but it will be over at the end of this year and the club should never allow prima-donnas to attempt to run the club again.

TD you say he had no intention to re sign, and so he must be lying in that case.and you are pretty
Adamant about it. Why should we take what you say to be the truth ? You have no evidence, just rumours. If you have evidence that he was never going to re sign would you please post that so we can see for ourselves.otherwise, I’d think that I’d be taking Woods word for what he was thinking, rather than someone who wouldn’t know Woods from a bar of soap.
So, keep peddling the line that you know what he thinks , there a few here who are dopey enough to believe anything anyone says as long as they agree with them .
Evidence please???

I can’t agree with you on this Milky. It is about perception. Whenever we have bad publicity - be it from ex players, current players ready to jump ship, or just journos making crap up - it adds to the perception that the club is unprofessional or heaven forbid, a basket case. Josh Reynolds was a case in point.
If you listened to his interview, he said he had heard a lot of negative stuff about the club. To his credit, he put this aside until he had spoken to Cleary. He then made up his own mind.
However there are many ‘out there’ who would not be prepared to make up their own mind - too willing to listen to and believe the negative press.
So I applaud Pascoe’s decision to be interviewed. It’s about time the club stepped it up - got on the front foot and stated its position in all of this. He can shoot Woods’ statement down in flames without bagging him out.
By putting the facts forward, then it will be clear to all those with an open mind, that it was the players, not the club, that has caused much of the disaffection.

Let’s see GCT:

• Had contract for months. Didn’t sign;
  • Referring to Ed’s post above, Kelly Egan is quoted as saying new stipulations were tabled every time previous conditions were met. Perpetual movement of goal posts;
  • Has resorted to contradicting himself and lying about having no contact with the board.

He was never staying. He’ll likely go the Moses defence now and say that he couldn’t sign because the contract was pulled and he never felt wanted.

@:

I can’t agree with you on this Milky. It is about perception. Whenever we have bad publicity - be it from ex players, current players ready to jump ship, or just journos making crap up - it adds to the perception that the club is unprofessional or heaven forbid, a basket case. Josh Reynolds was a case in point.
If you listened to his interview, he said he had heard a lot of negative stuff about the club. To his credit, he put this aside until he had spoken to Cleary. He then made up his own mind.
However there are many ‘out there’ who would not be prepared to make up their own mind - too willing to listen to and believe the negative press.
So I applaud Pascoe’s decision to be interviewed. It’s about time the club stepped it up - got on the front foot and stated its position in all of this. He can shoot Woods’ statement down in flames without bagging him out.
By putting the facts forward, then it will be clear to all those with an open mind, that it was the players, not the club, that has caused much of the disaffection.

Perfect example, Reynolds heard all the nonsense, took his time to speak to the club, it wasn’t how the picture was painted.

It’s like a husband-wife relationship, nobody really knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Lets step back a bit and look at these players and contracts from outside the square,lets start with RF and how he was asked to look elsewhere…the club was in a horrendous situation during that time due to previous management backending contracts,something had to be done about it and JT was the man bought in to do it…RF gone…cap space next year…previously Potter was trying to get the team to play NRL standard football with some very young inexperienced rookies coming into the squad…RF is accused of telling everyone Potter cant coach,RF still at the club and Potter not resigned… Woods,Tedesco,Moses and Brooks are told they are the future of the club,the club gives them everything they want,we get rid of TMM,Austin and others to make room for the golden haired children…The big 4 have been around for 3/4 years now and they still cant deliver the club into the finals…JT sacked and Ivan Cleary employed as coach…Ivan has brought with him a very large broom and will not take crap from anyone be it players or board,he has a large bus,get on it or off it…these words are legendary…Brooks stays committed to the Tigers and the other 3 get off the bus…

The only thing I can make out of all this contractual bs,is that the BOYS club has been dismantled by Ivan who took the contracts off the table after being there for months…the Big 3 have decided that they cant have their way anymore and will not be pandered to by the club…

End result is spit the dummy and bag out the club as much as they can to cover their own arses…
While this has caused some animosity amongst the fans,in the scheme of things the club is finally gaining stability and integrity for taking the steps in making this a better club…

@:

Let’s see GCT:

• Had contract for months. Didn’t sign;
  • Referring to Ed’s post above, Kelly Egan is quoted as saying new stipulations were tabled every time previous conditions were met. Perpetual movement of goal posts;
  • Has resorted to contradicting himself and lying about having no contact with the board.

He was never staying. He’ll likely go the Moses defence now and say that he couldn’t sign because the contract was pulled and he never felt wanted.

You’d have to be a fool to think that these guys wanted to sign based on their actions.

@:

@:

@:

@:

Woods says he expected to be a one club man, so how have we lost him? And he will be the biggest loss, he will be playing SOO and international football for years yet. And he was ours, and this stupid club somehow managed to lose him.

He had no intention what so ever to sign with us, none. The club didn’t lose him, not only offered him a good contract but made it clear he had Tedesco were priorities.

He had months to sign, but chose not to, yet still felt the need to drag it out and make it harder for us to sign replacements.

Exactly. These things had no intention of signing with the Tigers unless they got everything their own way. They expected JT to sign and for the club to sign Wehbe and his masseuse. Once JT and Wehbe had their little tiff then the whole thing was a done deal.

The club has handled this professionally. This is nothing more than cutting out cancer. Yes it hurts but it will be over at the end of this year and the club should never allow prima-donnas to attempt to run the club again.

TD you say he had no intention to re sign, and so he must be lying in that case.and you are pretty
Adamant about it. Why should we take what you say to be the truth ? You have no evidence, just rumours. If you have evidence that he was never going to re sign would you please post that so we can see for ourselves.otherwise, I’d think that I’d be taking Woods word for what he was thinking, rather than someone who wouldn’t know Woods from a bar of soap.
So, keep peddling the line that you know what he thinks , there a few here who are dopey enough to believe anything anyone says as long as they agree with them .
Evidence please???

It’s clear in his actions he had no intention of signing, case in point, the contract had been on the table for months prior to him stating in this recent interview “if you had asked me at the beginning of the year if I was going to be a one club player, I would have said yes”. If that’s the case and by all accounts it was a good contract, why didn’t he sign at any stage prior to JT getting the boot? Oh he wanted to know who the coach was going to be next year? well, he’s going to a club where there’s already been a lot of talk in regards to the coach and things aren’t all that stable there. Des only has 2 years left, it seems apparent that knowing who the coach might be here, for some reason isn’t so important at the Dogs. Could it be a convenient excuse?

There didn’t appear to be any negotiations on behalf of Woods, there was certainly nothing about “oh we’re still trying to work things out”. There was nothing positive, nothing with him leaning towards signing at all in fact.

If there were issues at the club as for reasons he may not have signed, then why come out and say at what he said about being a “one club player”?

So, whilst I have no concrete evidence, his actions have made things pretty self evident.

1. contract on the table for months, didn’t sign
2. wanted to know about the long term coaching job, JT was never going to be here long term, board quickly brings in a new coach to try and get some decisions made.
3. clearly that didn’t work, ok so maybe not the coach
4. can’t be the board, surely he would have made it clear early on he was leaving if he was sick of the “drama”. Again, he stated “if I was asked at the beginning of the year if I was going to be a one club player, I would have said yes”, so the “drama” may not be as it’s made out to be.
5. can’t be the contract itself, you’d think players/managers would just come out and say “we’re still working on it”. Plus he’s going to a club where he won’t be the captain, surely being the captain at a club amounts to something as well? I guess in this case, clearly not.
6. maybe it was this Webhe guy not being signed on here? well, he’s not going to be at the Dogs so that can’t be it.
7. the club certainly made it clear he was a priority.
8. and to quote Ed’s bit “Kelly Egan was quoted as saying each time the club and the players reached agreement they would return to the next meeting anticipating the players putting pen to paper for Isaac Moses to turn up with a new list of requirements that had never been previously discussed.”

He’s had every opportunity to sign, plenty of time, yet nothing. New coach here for 3 years, decent contract, club captain. None of that good enough, one would have thought at least 2 out of those 3 would have been good enough to sign on, even at the back end of last year. It’s not like the side has been holding him back in regards to rep honours either.

Seems fairly apparent he made his decision a long time ago, but for some reason kept it under his hat and maybe that had to do with the Dogs telling him to keep it under his hat until they got themselves sorted.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.