Did Hayne Miss Out on Fiji Selection?

• I thought Hayne was eligble to play for fiji because his mother had a fijian background.

• I think he wasn’t chosen as a sign he’s a guarantee of being chosen for Origin

• Can’t you play for tier 2 and SOO now?

• he’s in sydney getting special “fullback” training coz he wants to play fullback for titans.

• Playing for Fiji is not something he dreams about unless it involves the Olympics, a gold medal and increasing his media profile.

• ForumSupporter

@:

Can’t you play for tier 2 and SOO now?

Yes in a World Cup year…

• @:

@:

Yes in a World Cup year…

Would that also remove McQuire and Milford from QLD selection?

• ForumSupporter

@:

@:

@:

Yes in a World Cup year…

You can play for tier 2 Countries in a World Cup year if not selected for Australia and still play Origin…

Fifita was selected for Tonga until Mal needed him due to injury…He will be one of the first selected for NSW…

McGuire will be picked for QLD…I would think…

• @:

@:

@:

@:

Yes in a World Cup year…

You can play for tier 2 Countries in a World Cup year if not selected for Australia and still play Origin…

Fifita was selected for Tonga until Mal needed him due to injury…He will be one of the first selected for NSW…

McGuire will be picked for QLD…I would think…

That’s what I thought. The eligibility rules are all over the place it seems to me.

Thanks for clearing that up. :slight_smile:

• Anyway on Hayne apparently he didn’t want to risk his ankle or whatever is wrong with him.

Recent Topics