The Cleary effect

• As a now outsider of this club I can honestly say that the 4 weeks Cleary has been in charge he has already done wonders with this team on the field.

Could easily be 4-0 under Cleary but as he said old habits creep back in and that’s something he will change over the remaining rounds this year.

Winning 2 games and should of won the eels game and taking the premiers to the brink if not for a bogus no try and teddy injury tigers probably get over the line in that game as well

But what I noticed most v the sharks was the fight and not give up attitude that we seen v raiders, Penrith and dragons and that is a sign of a good future especially when you have a whole team who’s committed to the cause and not just 75% of the team.

Ivan’s signings so far I believe have been astute. Veteran senior signings mixed with a couple of youth signings who will probably see grade in 2019 (youth) and be given time to develop under his system in the 30 man squad.

With more experienced signings to come as an outsider looking in I can honestly say tigers will be a consistent top 8 side under Cleary. The signs are already there.

• Bloody well hope so. If not we may as well had kept Taylor and the other three amigos.

• Yes. Right from game 1 of Cleary’s reign there has been a noticeable change in attitude on the field.
    Some of the old habits was Moses passing.

• @:

As a now outsider of this club I can honestly say that the 4 weeks Cleary has been in charge he has already done wonders with this team on the field.

Could easily be 4-0 under Cleary but as he said old habits creep back in and that’s something he will change over the remaining rounds this year.

Winning 2 games and should of won the eels game and taking the premiers to the brink if not for a bogus no try and teddy injury tigers probably get over the line in that game as well

But what I noticed most v the sharks was the fight and not give up attitude that we seen v raiders, Penrith and dragons and that is a sign of a good future especially when you have a whole team who’s committed to the cause and not just 75% of the team.

Ivan’s signings so far I believe have been astute. Veteran senior signings mixed with a couple of youth signings who will probably see grade in 2019 (youth) and be given time to develop under his system in the 30 man squad.

With more experienced signings to come as an outsider looking in I can honestly say tigers will be a consistent top 8 side under Cleary. The signs are already there.

I can only agree with this. WT are moving forward and I am very excited about the prospects.

• I agreed, cleary has been like a breath of fresh air, and iam on the bus. however the bus goes no where unless he can pull off at leased 4-5 new signings and by that I mean good hard headed players not raw newbie’s. in ivan we trust, lets hope he fills the bus.

• Amazing how in such a ridiculously small amount of time how our attitude on field has improved. And my happiness off it. Win win so far.

• I said in a previous post that the 4 games where Cleary has been in charge are in stark contrast to the previous games under Webster or Taylor.

The improvement of this team in a month is impressive. He also comments about “old habits” especially towards the end of games. I know exactly why he withdrew Moses $950K contract.

He is steady, quietly spoken and has good man management skills. I know not everyone agrees with his recruitment selections but I think he knows exactly what he is doing.

Sadly, Woods and Tedesco won’t be here to play finals with us in the next year or two.

• Yep Agree with everything you said S.G.
    Cleary has us heading in the right direction and coach and club have taken back the power.

• Agree with everything you’ve mentioned in your post SG.
    I haven’t been this excited about things wt for some time.
    Edit - as a former member (2 year hiatus) I’ve now come back to wt membership.

• ForumSupporter

Hard to fault so far…Does have an advantage that he wont be judged on results this year given what’s transpired…that will change next season…

I like that Ivan has simplified the way we play without drastic changes…The attitude to defence especially even though those cracks are still there…Some back to back wins would be nice getting us back in the hunt…

• @:

I said in a previous post that the 4 games where Cleary has been in charge are in stark contrast to the previous games under Webster or Taylor.

The improvement of this team in a month is impressive. He also comments about “old habits” especially towards the end of games. I know exactly why he withdrew Moses $950K contract.

He is steady, quietly spoken and has good man management skills. I know not everyone agrees with his recruitment selections but I think he knows exactly what he is doing.

Sadly, Woods and Tedesco won’t be here to play finals with us in the next year or two.

Agree, especially the last sentence, will really enjoy that when it comes

• @:

I said in a previous post that the 4 games where Cleary has been in charge are in stark contrast to the previous games under Webster or Taylor.

Marvelous what happens when the boys club is dismantled and a coach who wont be dictated to,the on field performances start to resemble NRL quality and the hyped up potential show exactly what they are worth…about time we started to be a strong proud club without the sheepish behaviour of players who are used to getting what they want,when they want…Ivan will need a fleet of buses the way he is going about his professional business and attitude…I love the bloke…

• So far so good and he is building nicely.

This next comment is not a negative just what I’ve seen in the past, but teams often improve when a new coach is appointed as they know the focus is on the playing group.

Our recruitment drive needs to continue and there are some significant holes in the roster that need to be filled.

Certainly the team performance has improved even with the constant woods, teddy and moses rubbish going on.

We will get a better picture these coming weeks with Woods out, I’m confident the team will continue to improve.

• he could build a dynasty. looks like he has the right stuff to be that sort of coach.
    authority, man manger that attracts players, astute game plan.
    but all i’m hoping for is he starts getting us into the finals.

• Nobody expects miracles, but the change has been quicker than I expected.

1)The move towards a slide defence sees our outside back less panicky.
    2)The simplification of some roles in the team.
    3)Swapping Suli & Kev
    4)Getting Sue out of the 2nd row.
    5)Getting Ted to lurk around the ruck rather than easily read sweep plays.
    6)Increasing Brooks’ involvement and making him run more.

Recent Topics