I Got The Need For Speed

• The favorite part of league for me is the fast guys. There is nothing I like more than a foot race over the full length of the field. The Tigers have always had one or two guys that could motor. But I gotta say, our team currently is not crash hot when it comes to speed. And once Teddy and Mosses move on, Brooks is about the only one that has a clean set of heals. Maybe Nofo. Not sure about Suli, but I think he may be more power than speed.
    When we make a break down our end, we are a sure thing to get run down most of the time.
    There is a lot of talk about a goal kicker and some big guys with mongrel, which we certainly need.
    But I think the speed thing is another major issue that one good center is not going to fix.
    Any of these rumored signings bring speed with them?
    I miss you JAC!

• Thought this was going to be about another player being busted for drugs

• You know, Jimmy the Jet is still off-contract.

• I don’t mind if the winger gets caught aftwr running 50m, as long as our dummy half’s ready to get the next play rolling just as fast. It’s the play after the break that’ll get them, especially if their winger and fullback are stick at marker waiting for their line to get onside.

• JAC vs Gideon Mosby

Then both on either wing in our Team

• Yep as for 2018 I think we’ll def be lacking for speed aside from Brooks. Although apparently Lola, lol lol lolohea has a bit of toe.

Not sure about the other signings we’re linked to, i.e. Milne, Fonua, etc. Looks like Cleary is going for power over speed.

• @:

You know, Jimmy the Jet is still off-contract.

If we both keep typing it… Could come true 🙏

• @:

I don’t mind if the winger gets caught aftwr running 50m, as long as our dummy half’s ready to get the next play rolling just as fast. It’s the play after the break that’ll get them, especially if their winger and fullback are stick at marker waiting for their line to get onside.

I hear you Cosimo, but this is the Tigers. 9 times out of 10 if this occurs we drop it, knock on, kick it dead, pass it to the opposition, kick it out on the full or mess the play the ball up. Maybe Ivan can fix this, but history is not great for us.

• @:

JAC vs Gideon Mosby

Then both on either wing in our Team

Now your talking! 🙏

• @:

@:

You know, Jimmy the Jet is still off-contract.

If we both keep typing it… Could come true 🙏

Here’s hoping

• @:

Yep as for 2018 I think we’ll def be lacking for speed aside from Brooks. Although apparently Lola, lol lol lolohea has a bit of toe.

Not sure about the other signings we’re linked to, i.e. Milne, Fonua, etc. Looks like Cleary is going for power over speed.

The other day Lolo looked slow, but then again he hasnt played much NRL this year, had bulked up and maybe lost speed

On Milne, well he couldnt shut Suli down in a race to the corner which dashed all my hopes
    Not sure about Fonua but we will be down on pace for sure

• @:

@:

Yep as for 2018 I think we’ll def be lacking for speed aside from Brooks. Although apparently Lola, lol lol lolohea has a bit of toe.

The other day Lolo looked slow, but then again he hasnt played much NRL this year, had bulked up and maybe lost speed

On Milne, well he couldnt shut Suli down in a race to the corner which dashed all my hopes
    Not sure about Fonua but we will be down on pace for sure

That’s the problem, we wont be down, we will have none.

• seems recruitment is power game from the rumoured outside back signings

• @:

@:

I don’t mind if the winger gets caught aftwr running 50m, as long as our dummy half’s ready to get the next play rolling just as fast. It’s the play after the break that’ll get them, especially if their winger and fullback are stick at marker waiting for their line to get onside.

I hear you Cosimo, but this is the Tigers. 9 times out of 10 if this occurs we drop it, knock on, kick it dead, pass it to the opposition, kick it out on the full or mess the play the ball up. Maybe Ivan can fix this, but history is not great for us.

I hear you, and I’ve done a lot of yelling at the Tigers decision making when they’re close to the line.

Thing is If we can’t execute inside the opposition 20 off a quick play the ball and the defence scrambling to the goal line then we won’t be relevant in September, it’s really that simple. I love a good length of the field run same as anyone, but even if we’d kept Moses and Teddy, those don’t get consistent enough points.

We blow obvious scoring opportunities, we give away unnecessary 7 tackle restarts and we hand loose balls to opposition outside backs on their own try line. These are very fixable problems, either with the right personelle or the right instructions. I won’t miss the Moses crossfield banana.

Still, how good was that Easter Monday game against the Eels when Brooks scored the intercept try to win the game?

• @:

seems recruitment is power game from the rumoured outside back signings

Power game is great but you need speed to make the most of your power game

Recent Topics