Jamal Idris out for the season

• Gone for the year. Gotta feel sorry for him terrible news

<big>Chemist Warehouse Injury Update: Jamal Idris</big>> Tue 9th May, 02:00PM

Wests Tigers can provide the following Chemist Warehouse Injury Update on Jamal Idris ahead of the Club’s Round 10 match against the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Scans have confirmed that Idris has suffered an ACL tear in his knee, which will sideline the centre for the remainder of the 2017 season.

Wests Tigers will continue to monitor and support Idris as he begins his rehabilitation process

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017/05/09/chemist_warehouse_in.html

• Feel for Jamal. Wish him all the best with his recovery.

• Terrible luck for the big fella, I wonder if the Tigers will offer him another 1 year deal or not??

• I said in a previous thread it’s going to be just as much a mental game for Jamal to get back on the park - irrespective of if it’s with our team or someone else next year.

Best of luck with him. He’s a great brand ambassador though, so lets hope he can still turn it on for the club while they look after his rehab.

Looks at James Tedesco knowingly

• Would not be offering big money for him to stay. Has been quite injury prone this year. With no outside backs Marsters may get a run this week

• geez. hopefully he has the will to keep going. i thought he was very good defensively.

• Terrible news for Jamal and the team.
    The depth for this year getting skinnier.

• Wasnt an article just released this morning saying how he was fit and healthly and ready to play? Did he do this injury ar training or did the article lie? Horrible news either way, Feel for the big Fella.

• @:

Wasnt an article just released this morning saying how he was fit and healthly and ready to play? Did he do this injury ar training or did the article lie? Horrible news either way, Feel for the big Fella.

I heard something on yesterday on the Radio (can’t remember Sydney FM station) that reported he was due to come back from injury for the clash against Souffs. Clearly been a strange 48 hours for poor Jamal. Do wish him a speedy recovery; but if we pick up some big quick backs, me thinks he’s pulled on the WT jersey for the last time.

• Odd, given early report that he was coming back this week.

• Sorry put him in the same category as Matt ballin
    Gunna performers
    I’m sure he is disappointed as ballin

• Wow, where did that come from……?

Sorry for Jamal, he could’ve been our strike weapon this year…

Hope he wants to come back in 2018 and show that he can still be a force at NRL level…although I’d only be offering him a 1 year deal at minimum pay + games played incentives.

• A real shame Jamal was starting to gain match fitness & his form was improving with every game. We wish you well big fella & hope you return to full fitness next season. There is room on the bus for you.

• That’s his career done in the NRL.

After yet another injury and operation his fitness will take yet another hit. Might get a shot in the UK but can’t see another club taking another gamble on him. Hope his contract was performance based as we’ll then have even more cash to spend on mid season recruits.

• ForumSupporter

@:

Wasnt an article just released this morning saying how he was fit and healthly and ready to play? Did he do this injury ar training or did the article lie? Horrible news either way, Feel for the big Fella.

The raring to go article was yesterday along with the Indigenous Jersey promotion…Jamal suffered the injury today at training so not a lie…just terrible luck…

Feel for the big fella…One door closes another opens for someone else …hopefully Marsters…

Recent Topics