17 Jacob Liddle

Reserves
    18 Kyle Lovett
    19 Justin Hunt
    20 Jack Littlejohn
    21 Malakai Watene Zelezniak

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017/05/09/nrl_team_announcemen.html

• Chris Lawrence captain.

would like to see Marsters get a go at NRL soon.

• No real surprises there. Glad to Felise in the 17 again.

• No surprises. Felise gets another run which is good. MWZ on extended bench, maybe Nofo cover.

• I read somewhere that Nofoaluma isn’t likely for this week. We could see MWZ against Souths.

• Why isn’t Marsters in the squad?

He has been playing centres in reserve grade and MCK is a better back-rower.

I would’ve gone with:

1. Tedesco
    2. Nofoaluma
    3. Marsters
    4. Suli
    5. MWZ
    6. Rankin
    7. Brooks
    8. Ava
    9. MM
    10. Felise/Sue
    11. MCK
    12. Lawrence ©
    13. ET ©

14. Felise/Sue
    15. Grant/Tatola
    16. Aloiai
    17. Liddle

18. Joel Edwards
    19. Kev
    20. Hunt/Littlejohn
    21. Kyle Lovett

• Hopefully Nofo is 100% otherwise I’d rather see him get his knee right. No point in playing him if he can’t put all of his effort into running and breaking tackles. Moses can count himself lucky on being selected after the garbage he served up against the Sharks.

• Early indication of who will be captain in 2018.

• I’m really disappointed Moses has been selected.

Is no-one accountable for disgraceful performances these days? Do the sponsors have too much sway in selections?

I’d have anyone at 5/8th before Moses….even Lovett!

• Moses must’ve had a shocker, still haven’t seen the replay but I’m curious. Marsters killed it in the rep round, would like to see him named soon.

• @:

Early indication of who will be captain in 2018.

Probably the best option with the current squad. Next year depends on the makeup of the side.If we have Packer, Matulino, LoLo, Suli, Nofa, Fonua, Sue, Aloai, ET in the starting 17 we will have a large contingent of NZ/Polynesian players which, may change the dynamic for ET to be captain. Either way Lawrence is a good clubman and better leader than Woods.
    I just hope we sign another edge backrower of high quality pushing Lawrence to the bench.

• We are really stretched of depth already, a couple more injuries and we will struggle to compete. This side has a shot against the rabbits but I can’t feel confident.

Glad Lawrence has the captaincy, hope he keeps it for the year

• I’d like to see zelezniak in back line in Centre

• We are going to struggle up front. Let’s hope we show some heart. Lawrence should keep the captaincy for the rest of the season.

• I doubt Lawrence will be the captain in 2018. I think it’s more likely to be ET. Reynolds could be a smokey for the ©

Recent Topics