Ben Barba eyeing NRL Return

In tomorrows paper, told he isn’t required after the end of this season at Toulon…so he is finished this month.

Should we sign him Immediately and allow him to serve his suspension this year whilst we have Tedesco then he can slot into the 1 come round one next year?

He is a bit of a risk given his dips and rises in form. Though I do think he is worth the punt and maybe Reynolds can help get in his ear.

Sure. He could join the team at the end of season cruise.

@:

In tomorrows paper, told he isn’t required after the end of this season at Toulon…so he is finished this month.

Should we sign him Immediately and allow him to serve his suspension this year whilst we have Tedesco then he can slot into the 1 come round one next year?

He is a bit of a risk given his dips and rises in form. Though I do think he is worth the punt and maybe Reynolds can help get in his ear.

I’ll leave it up to Ivan but its not the worst idea - his football is great and he is a winner and hopefully he has learnt his lesson although Im not convinced

He played well for the Sharks last year.

knows how to find the line on his day

Yeah exactly what the Tigers need, another coke fiend.

@:

Yep, knows how to find the line on his day

He likes lines

@:

So you would’t sign Jesse Bromwich if he became available…?

Foxsports is reporting that Cronulla are set to throw $1 million per season at Dugan. Surely if Barba comes back onto the market he will be snapped up by the Sharks.

He’d be worth at least having a play at. Good player with X factor- which we need

Why don’t Toulon want him next year….?if he was going well over there they’d keep him he signed a 2 year deal with Toulon…clearly he has issues

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/05/10/10/53/barba-sacked-by-toulon

IMO Barba is quite a liability but obviously when he gets his form right, the results can be outstanding. Probably looking at 1 great year in every 4, which is something I don’t think Tigers fans can accept right now, we need long-term consistency rather than more flash-in-pan players.

@:

@:

So you would’t sign Jesse Bromwich if he became available…?

You’ve got me there.

not sure if he is consistent enough, let another team take him

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.