How would you rate Malakai Watene Zelezniak?

• I thought Malakai Watene Zelezniak was quiet tonight. When he got an opportunity to run he looked okay. Do you think he will be starting next year or a back up?

• Next year I have no idea but in a loosing team in his 2nd ever game of FG and first ever for the tigers he was solid. Made 100 meters, passed to his winger well if sometimes a bit early, tackled hard in being made to do a lot of defence - i’d more then happily keep him in FG this year on todays performance

• He was solid. Aside from that intercepted offload he was as good as he could have been in my opinion.

• Back up most likely. You’re a hard marker if you criticise him tonight though.

Interesting fact about him that I reckon no other player has ever done. Played his first two first grade games against the same team in the same year for 2 different teams.

• MWZ was OK. His defence was generally solid. He took the ball up well. He had a chance to accelerate in 2nd half but in the conditions was smart enough to read that he was getting close the sideline and took the tackle. Unlike Nofo in that dumb in and away move. He will be a good asset.

• He’s athletic, good enough start for a bloke that has just joined the team and played less FG games (2) than anyone else in the side.

I’m surprised he’s 25, he seems good enough to have gotten a start at least more than once somewhere when he was younger, what have Penrith been doing w him?

• He’s a center, which makes him by default superior than Chee Kam. Always tough to come straight into a band new squad without learning plays, players etc.

• Solid debut in a well beaten team

• Jirskyr - Remember a prop in 2005 Ray Cashmere? Had a checkered background I believe. I hope MWZ didn’t miss some sport due to Her Majesty’s Pleasure? But it is rare for a late bloomer in this game. Winger Ross from Newcastle on 2nd Year Syndrome tonight explained his late entry as a player (@26) due to his mining job. In any case MWZ was a good one tonight. Cheers.

• @:

Jirskyr - Remember a prop in 2005 Ray Cashmere? Had a checkered background I believe. I hope MWZ didn’t miss some sport due to Her Majesty’s Pleasure? But it is rare for a late bloomer in this game. Winger Ross from Newcastle on 2nd Year Syndrome tonight explained his late entry as a player (@26) due to his mining job. In any case MWZ was a good one tonight. Cheers.

Cody Walker also a late bloomer too, made his debut at 26

• He went okay and hopefully gets better.

• He was okay and will get better as he learns combos and structures. He’ll be centre for the rest of the year as we have no one else with Idris out

• He will come good… Played better than players we offered 1.2 million to

• @:

He’s athletic, good enough start for a bloke that has just joined the team and played less FG games (2) than anyone else in the side.

I’m surprised he’s 25, he seems good enough to have gotten a start at least more than once somewhere when he was younger, what have Penrith been doing w him?

He and his brother are Mormons so I wouldn’t be surprised if he went on a mission for a couple of years at a critical time like the end of his U20’s stint.

• I heard he played Rugby Union and is a fairly recent convert. I thought he was solid in the wet and has some potential.

Recent Topics