How to fire up Josh Aloiai?

• I thought Josh Aloiai made some strong tackles tonight. I was wondering how to utilise him better in attack. Is it something he needs to change or is there a way the team can use him better?

Thoughts?

• He just needs momentum. If he comes on and the pack is getting monstered like it was tonight and against the Sharks, his impact isn’t going to effect the game as much. I don’t think there is too much he can improve on at the moment.

• @:

I thought Josh Aloiai made some strong tackles tonight. I was wondering how to utilise him better in attack. Is it something he needs to change or is there a way the team can use him better?

Thoughts?

Aloiai is one player who is still improving and showing improved strength in his hitups this year. His defence is also pretty solid. I’d be looking at starting him in the backrow next season alongside McQueen. We definitely need to field a bigger pack and Josh is one of our bigger backrowers with good mobility.

• I think with some good, experienced forwards around him he’ll really excel next year. He’s a keeper.

• He doesn’t shirk the work. But he isn’t running lines, just barging and therefore an easy hit. On an angle he is a weapon.

• I thought he was great last year and I couldn’t wait to see him go around this year, but his improvement has plateaued. I don’t know what to make of him anymore

• @:

I think with some good, experienced forwards around him he’ll really excel next year. He’s a keeper.

Exactly, he needs some hard heads to guide him and make some meters around him. He will continue to develop and thrive

• @:

I thought he was great last year and I couldn’t wait to see him go around this year, but his improvement has plateaued. I don’t know what to make of him anymore

I’m the same. Still looks good at times, but needs to up his workrate and run smarter lines.

• @:

@:

I thought Josh Aloiai made some strong tackles tonight. I was wondering how to utilise him better in attack. Is it something he needs to change or is there a way the team can use him better?

Thoughts?

Aloiai is one player who is still improving and showing improved strength in his hitups this year. His defence is also pretty solid. I’d be looking at starting him in the backrow next season alongside McQueen. We definitely need to field a bigger pack and Josh is one of our bigger backrowers with good mobility.

I agree, he certainly needs to be used differently, hopefully with better props next year that will be the case.

• If Aloiai was just an edge player like Lawrence he could play 80mins on his head. He’s been told to play middle.

• Has looked good since Cleary came on board. Will become a good player.

• @:

I thought he was great last year and I couldn’t wait to see him go around this year, but his improvement has plateaued. I don’t know what to make of him anymore

Yeah, agree, hope Cleary can get him going again.

• Aloiai has plateaued big time. Hopefully he has more improvement in him otherwise I’m not convinced he’ll be a long term first grader

Recent Topics